Game Thread 29: Red Sox at Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 29: Red Sox at Rangers

Why does a big league hitter chase that pitch? Its not a strike, it was never at any point a strike, nor did it appear as a strike yet daily you see professional hitters strike out on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Oooops!  Kind of seeing the holes in Ciriaco's game!  Don't get me wrong...  I've been a big Ciriaco backer, but I've seen 2 plays tonight that Drew would have made with little problem.

Starting to believe in Drew???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis*. Show beavis*'s posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think Drew gets a break, nor does he need one IMO. hes hot and you have to keep riding that. He can hit LHP fine. I think his HR was off one if Im not mistaken. I think Gomes gets the start over Nava tonight in LF.

Mazz loves his OPS over 800 in the last 6 games. Drew is heating up, Sox need his 15 HR Power.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Game over. This series does not look good for the Sox. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Doubront is an enigma. He will show you flashes of what he is capable of doing , but then always reverts to the same familiar pattern. Have to wonder if he will ever figure it all out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Doubront is an enigma. He will show you flashes of what he is capable of doing , but then always reverts to the same familiar pattern. Have to wonder if he will ever figure it all out.

Its Texas. They beat our brains out almost every time we go down there, especially Beltre He has done nothing but mash Red Sox pitching ever since they let him go. We're throwing Dubrount and Lackey against them the first two games? Then Lester against Darvish Sunday? Sox could easily get swept. Like I said, if they come away with one win I'll be happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Wilson looks a lot  like actor Chris Pratt from Parks and Recreation.  He also played Scott Hatteberg in Moneyball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Its Texas. They beat our brains out almost every time we go down there, especially Beltre He has done nothing but mash Red Sox pitching ever since they let him go. We're throwing Dubrount and Lackey against them the first two games? Then Lester against Darvish Sunday? Sox could easily get swept. Like I said, if they come away with one win I'll be happy.

I'd settle for one win also.  3-3 on the road trip would be acceptable. The home stand schedule looks winnable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Middlebrooks is basically an out every time up.  Sometimes two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Middlebrooks may not be the third baseman of the future after all.  Bogaerts and Cecchini are looking very good in the minors. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wilson looks a lot  like actor Chris Pratt from Parks and Recreation.  He also played Scott Hatteberg in Moneyball.

Yes, and ironically, he does resemble Hatteberg too. Pratt I mean, not Wilson....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Celts are done. Battled as well as could be expected without Rondo. In the end , they were just out manned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Some good news , anyway. Oakland shut out the Yankees 2-0. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Some good news , anyway. Oakland shut out the Yankees 2-0. 

Bad news is theres a game we wont pick up. Hope LAA beat Balt tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Doubront was also squeezed by the ump, sometimes badly.  He got the third strike on Beltre, but it was called a ball.  I'm serious.  The ump basically only called strikes when the Rangers swung.  But not the same for the Texas pitcher, who got lots of strikes on the corners or even outside.   On top of which Ciriaco makes a bad error and Gomes makes no attempted to catch a soft liner.  At least one of the visits to the mound was because they could see Doubront was getting frustrated. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Yep, i see nothing special about him....Will the thrill is more like Will the Chill...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Doubront was also squeezed by the ump, sometimes badly.  He got the third strike on Beltre, but it was called a ball.  I'm serious.  The ump basically only called strikes when the Rangers swung.  But not the same for the Texas pitcher, who got lots of strikes on the corners or even outside.   On top of which Ciriaco makes a bad error and Gomes makes no attempted to catch a soft liner.  At least one of the visits to the mound was because they could see Doubront was getting frustrated. 

Yeah, and he got hosed in the Kinsler check before the runs scored. I dont blame him particularly, hes young. Im more worried about Lackey tommorow. Texas has been known to hand him his head from time to time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Game over. This series does not look good for the Sox. 

Good grief, man,  it's one game. Didn't we lose to Toronto the first game?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

the reverse MAASACRE.. celts lose, sawx being blowed out! great twitter quote: Someone, quick, send #RedSox pitchers a crate of rosin, water, sunblock, Crisco and sunflower seed oil.

Well , you know something Contrarian ?  They have to train , say their prayers , eat their vitamins and believe in themselves.  No need to cheat.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This game is a joke Thanks to the first base umpire! He failed to ring Kinsler up on a check swing and it led to a 6 runs thnx for helping the home team! You stink,you rang Pedey up for a check  swing that wasn't even a half hearted check swing!! But Kinsler clearly rolled his wrist. No biggie because as it turns out the Sox left their offense on the jet coming down from Canada.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts