Grapefruit League Game 10: Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 10: Yankees at Red Sox

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

slomag said Hazelbaker was faster than smell.  :-)

I guess speed doesn't guarantee a slick glove.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Nicely working the ground balls early.  It's nice to see a grown up on the mound!  I hope his professonalism will rub off on Lester, Buch, & Duby.  With Lackey's new positive attitude, we could be looking good!?!?!?  Lots of question marks in that SR though.....

this is what i'm talking about. One minute you like Lackey then the next your spouting off about how he sucks. Pick a side and stick to it. it's hard to take you seriously when your as inconsistent as you are.

Since the mods deleated my response for NO GOOD REASON.... No profanity... No personal attacks.....  ?????

I'll say it again...  abbreviated version.

It's true that I had had it with Lackey by mid-season last year.  In fact, I couldn't stand the guy!  I didn't like him from the time we signed him!!!!

I think he never had it for the A.L. East, & never will.  I also believe he had a big hand in almost destroying Lester and Buch, visa vi his attitude and work out regimen.

I still don't trust the guy.

I am happy about him coming to camp in great shape with a new attitude & rhetoric.

As a hard core Red Sox fan, I have no other option than to root for Lackey whenever he takes the mound!!!!  Do I think he will do well or hurt the Red Sox?  I think he will likely struggle as always, put the hitters in a hole eary, and kill the bull pen.  That's just what I think.  I will also say when I think he looks bad or good.  I will root like hell for him to do well, but I won't close my eyes to what I see. 

I WANT HIM TO DO WELL!!!!  As a Red Sox fan, I want to win the game!  I have no other choice but to root for him.  So I WILL!!!!  I will also RIP HIM when deserved.  He has deserved a good deal of RIPPING.

Why is this inconsistent as a Red Sox fan.  Rooting for a player to do well, but recognizing when he is hurting the team is not inconsistent,.  These two things are not mutually exculusive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Nicely working the ground balls early.  It's nice to see a grown up on the mound!  I hope his professonalism will rub off on Lester, Buch, & Duby.  With Lackey's new positive attitude, we could be looking good!?!?!?  Lots of question marks in that SR though.....

this is what i'm talking about. One minute you like Lackey then the next your spouting off about how he sucks. Pick a side and stick to it. it's hard to take you seriously when your as inconsistent as you are.

Since the mods deleated my response for NO GOOD REASON.... No profanity... No personal attacks.....  ?????

It's true that I had had it with Lackey by mid-season last year.  In fact, I couldn't stand the guy!  I didn't like him from the time we signed him!!!!

I think he never had it for the A.L. East, & never will.  I also believe he had a big hand in almost destroying Lester and Buch, visa vi his attitude and work out regimen.

I am happy about him coming to camp in great shape with a new attitude & rhetoric.

As a hard core Red Sox fan, I have no other option than to root for Lackey whenever he takes the mound!!!!  Do I think he will do well or hurt the Red Sox?  I think he will likely struggle as always, put the hitters in a hole eary, and kill the bull pen.  That's just what I think.  I will also say when I think he looks bad or good.  I will root like hell for him to do well, but I won't close my eyes to what I see. 

I WANT HIM TO DO WELL!!!!  As a Red Sox fan, I want to win the game!  I have no other choice but to root for him.  So I WILL!!!!  I will also RIP HIM when deserved.  He has deserved a good deal of RIPPING.

Why is this inconsistent as a Red Sox fan.  Rooting for a player to do well, but recognizing when he is hurting the team is not inconsistent,.  These two things are not mutually exculusive

pink hat drivel

Chiwawa?  Are you even old enough to know what a "pink hat" is?  Being so new as a "Red Sox fan," I'm sure it's tough for you to figure out these terms.  You embody the Pink Hat mentality, as you recently became a "Sox fan" to yap at the truly faithful.

I've been a Sox fan for 50 years!  I've grown up in Boston.  REAL Bostonians are very capable of banging on a guy like Lackey who has absolutely killed OUR TEAM (not his or yours) for the last 3 years.  When given no choice, as with Lackey, we will try to root for the guy, so as to help the team, but we don't shy away from bashing him when he stinks (as is usually the case with Lackey).

You're just a pup!  A rat like chiwawa who is new to the BOSTON Red Sox, so I don't expect much beyond yapping from you.  It's clear you are NOT FROM BOSTON! 

Yap on rat dog.  :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to EnchhiladaT's comment:

Ortiz didn't run today after all due to soreness in his foot. They'll try again tomorrow.

Foot or Achilles tendon?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to EnchhiladaT's comment:

Ortiz didn't run today after all due to soreness in his foot. They'll try again tomorrow.

Foot or Achilles tendon

This is terrifying to me!  The fact that he's still experiencing "soreness" after all this time makes me wonder how his body (achilles, foot, or other) will handle the day in day out????

Let's pray they're just being extra careful!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

3 yahoos worried about Papi.

ahahahhahaha

The closest this chiwawa has ever come to Boston or the Red Sox is playing a dog on a late night program for losers.  A Harvard Grad who should have stuck to writing & left stand up to the real comedians.

yap on chiwawa!

Do you even know where Fenway is?  Ever been there?  Yap on! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment

Why is this inconsistent as a Red Sox fan.  Rooting for a player to do well, but recognizing when he is hurting the team is not inconsistent,.  These two things are not mutually exculusive.

Does this make sense mef429?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

So, what's the Rotation likely to be?

Lester

Buch

Dempster

Lackey

& the smoking Duby as our #5?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i suppose. still doesn't make it right for you to bash Lackey in his first couple innings pitched in over a year (in ST no less......). But then again, expecting someone to think rationally might be too tall of an order :p

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

i suppose. still doesn't make it right for you to bash Lackey in his first couple innings pitched in over a year (in ST no less......). But then again, expecting someone to think rationally might be too tall of an order :p

mef429,

Admittedly, I generally don't show all my cards up front, so I don't blame you for not catching my explanation on that score.

My point there was to juxtapose the giddy "JBJ looks awesome!" talk after a few at bats out of control cheerleading vs. the condemn Lackey after 3 innings talk.  One is OK with many guys on here, and one is decidedly forboden!!!

Is that not true.

NOW.....  I admit that I am very predisposed to bashing Lackey at the drop of a hat anyway, but when you juxtapose the two polar opposite stances, you see that the over the top knee-jerk positive is OK, while the irrational knee-jerk bashing is not.

I, at least, admit my bias....  I'm still willing to pull for him, as I have no choice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

mef429,

Admittedly, I generally don't show all my cards up front, so I don't blame you for not catching my explanation on that score.

My point there was to juxtapose the giddy "JBJ looks awesome!" talk after a few at bats out of control cheerleading vs. the condemn Lackey after 3 innings talk.  One is OK with many guys on here, and one is decidedly forboden!!!

Is that not true.

NOW.....  I admit that I am very predisposed to bashing Lackey at the drop of a hat anyway, but when you juxtapose the two polar opposite stances, you see that the over the top knee-jerk positive is OK, while the irrational knee-jerk bashing is not.

I, at least, admit my bias....  I'm still willing to pull for him, as I have no choice.

have you seen me doting over JBJ because of a handful of ST at bats?? no i have not. In fact, I have been telling people to calm down about JBJ ST numbers the same way i've been telling you to cool out on the Lackey stuff.. The only difference is that anything Lackey does throughout ST does not matter as he has a guarenteed spot and is just getting into the groove. It doesn't matter. JBJ and other roster invitees on the other hand warrant taking a look at. If JBJ, Carp, Holt or others put up good numbers throughout ST then we can take notice. They are actually giving it their all as they try to win a roster spot. Even so, they still may go back to the minors to affirm their production. The point is that ST numbers for vets means nothing while ST for roster competition means slightly more. Let's wait to over react until we see these guys play some meaningful games OK?

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts