Its time to get Josh Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Its time to get Josh Hamilton

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After what I heard Greinke just rec'd from the Dodgers, there is no way the Red Sox are going to spend that ype of money on Hamilton, no way. Texas will up the years and money to keep Hamilton. Ben is in the cheap mode now.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox have spent over 125 million so far this off season?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, it's not time to pay 100 million plus for old Josh Hamilton, who will be a Yankee target.

And Ellsbur as the #3 hitter doesn't get the attention of anyone with with a large brain size than a grain of sand.

[/QUOTE]

If Ben can get him for 3/39, he will be a Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Unless the Sox are going to make a blockbuster trade and clean out all their top prospects, then the only difference maker out there is Josh Hamilton. I would offer him a 4 year deal with a 5th year option based on games/plate appearances. AAV of about 20mm. They will not get him for less ....if that. He osts you nothing but dollars(that will not put you over the Cap)....and leaves the prospects in tact. If they can swing a deal for Ells, I do it, but they are not going to sign him next year anway, and he would cost about what they would give Hamilton anyway....so next years Budget would be about the same as if they signed Ells and not Hamilton. Ells, plus a top 5 prospect, along with a catcher, can get you a very good starter......that makes the Sox contenders this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to RickEO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We made a couple cute moves in the past week , but to be relevant again we need Hamilton.

Victorino                                                                                                                               

Pedroia

Ellsbury

Hamilton

Napoli

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Saltalamacchia 

Iglesias

This will get my attention

[/QUOTE]

NO!!!! Wasn't anything learned from last year? Sox fans should not be happy with quick fixes. Head-case Hamilton is a huge risk, and is 32 years old. Stop spending money on fat-cat free agents!! Plow that money into the farm system, and rebuild the pitching staff. Even if the Sox were to get Hamilton, they still lack the quality pitching needed to seriously contend. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ill take hammy on a 3 year deal.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...He's not even on the team and you're already giving him one of those cutsey nicknames they throw around here (Pods, Scut, Doubs, Ells, Buch, etc).

I'll bet he signs just knowing he can be called "Hammy" over the life of his contract!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Please give me the HEADCASE and OLD man at 32 yrs old who just hit 43 hrs with 128 rbis. Come to think of it Jhonny Gomes is fine . I didnt go to a game this yr and looks like im most likely NOT going next yr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

We made a couple cute moves in the past week , but to be relevant again we need Hamilton.

Victorino                                                                                                                               

Pedroia

Ellsbury

Hamilton

Napoli

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Saltalamacchia 

Iglesias

[/QUOTE]

Sign Ells for 5 years ?  Cost less then Hamilton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Only if you can somehow trade Ellsbury for pitching. Victorino and Hamilton are both capable of playing center until one of Bradley or Brentz is ready to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Victorino                                                                                                                               

Pedroia

Ellsbury

Hamilton

Napoli

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Saltalamacchia 

Iglesias

[/QUOTE]

Signing Hamilton will not make a huge difference unless the starting pitching is also addressed. I think before Gonzalez and Crawford were traded away the Sox were #1 or 2 in runs scored in the AL, but were still floundering because of poor pitching. We can be #1 or 2 again and the team will still be a bottom feeder unless the starting pitching woes are addressed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Don't the Yankees need Hamilton also. Why doesn't Cashman think that he is vital?

[/QUOTE]

pike

[/QUOTE]

Why does a logical question about Cashman annoy you so? Can't you respond logically? Aren't you here for dialogue?

[/QUOTE]

Again:

• Why have you historically used multiple aliases concurrently; and
    • How do you defend trying to expose posters' identities?

Why don't you defend them rather than avoid them?....you are pathetic.  These are two simple questions...why are you refusing to answer them?  You attempt to portray yourself as a victim when in fact you are the perpetrator....and you don't even have the courage to answer the charges.  Pitiful.