Its time to get Josh Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Its time to get Josh Hamilton

We made a couple cute moves in the past week , but to be relevant again we need Hamilton.

Victorino                                                                                                                               

Pedroia

Ellsbury

Hamilton

Napoli

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Saltalamacchia 

Iglesias

This will get my attention

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Its time to get Josh Hamilton

Only if Ellsbury plays left

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't the Yankees need Hamilton also. Why doesn't Cashman think that he is vital?

[/QUOTE]

pike

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Cashman has a budget to adhere to and is doing so. It's in all of the papers. Why is that Pike nonsense?

[/QUOTE]

pike

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

My money is on the Texas Rangers signing Josh Hamilton now the Zack Greinke reportedly will sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers:

https://twitter.com/dylanohernandez/status/277577193926840320

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My money is on the Texas Rangers signing Josh Hamilton now the Zack Greinke reportedly will sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers:

[/QUOTE]

mine, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

Here is what I believe to be true.  I believe we can sign Hamilton and trade for dickey with a deal along the lines of swihart and marrero and add lohse for 4 x 14-16 m then if we are a serious You shop around 2 of your top 5 prospects not called bogearts plus 1-2 lowet levels you maybe to get Justin upton.   This may sound insane but why not put Hamilton at 1base.   It will keep him healthier perhaps.  You trade salty for prospects.  Keep ellsbury For the year.  

Victorino 

pedey

ellsbury

hamilton

ortiz

upton

napoli catcher

middlebrooks

Iglesias

bucholtz

lester

Dickey

lohse

lackey/doubrant

dont tell me we cant afford to go over the cap for one year.  Next year you say goodbye to ellsbury if necessary.  With ellsbury you are the best team in baseball on paper the next year you can get under the cap without him and you are still great.  You still have enough in prospects to give you a young guy or two who will break through in a couple of years.  We could do this if cherrington has the backing of the owners.  

This teams offense is just so good that this above pitching 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

What's Hamilton cost you 4 x 28.  Take one huge risk but if it gives you the best chance to win and nothing is real lomg term.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

No Hamilton thanks. The Sox don't need another high overpaying contract for a player with such baggage. No thanks. They just dumped huge salaries last yr. Thank you again Dodgers. So, why go out and sign another huge salary player who will not help them win a WS. The Sox may have overpaid the newest members by a few million,  but at least they are not doing more than 3yrs for any.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

After what I heard Greinke just rec'd from the Dodgers, there is no way the Red Sox are going to spend that ype of money on Hamilton, no way. Texas will up the years and money to keep Hamilton. Ben is in the cheap mode now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ill take hammy on a 3 year deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RickEO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We made a couple cute moves in the past week , but to be relevant again we need Hamilton.

Victorino                                                                                                                               

Pedroia

Ellsbury

Hamilton

Napoli

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Saltalamacchia 

Iglesias

This will get my attention

[/QUOTE]

Sox should offer 3 years 75 mil plus option year of BUD LIGHT !..... Would that be called cheating ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have a feeling that a team like the Mariners or O's will sign Hamilton. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only if Ellsbury plays left

[/QUOTE]

WHY?? Hamilton played LF for the Rangers last year and Ellsbury didn't actually flourish when he played there...actually that was the Ribgate year to many here.

So playing along with a Hamilton acquistion, which I don't condone if it is more than 4 years, here's a line-up I'd like to see:

1. Ellsbury - CF - Why move him from leadoff??
    2. Victorio - RF
    3. Pedroia - 2B
    4. Hamilton - LF
    5. Ortiz - DH
    6. Napoli - 1B
    7. Middlebrooks - 3B
    8. Salty - C
    9. ? - SS

NOTE: Hamilton to Boston is a pipe dream and there's probably a 90% chance that it does NOT happen.

Also, what happens to Gomes in this scenario...he'd never get a chance to play...since it would not be a good idea to consider him for RF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Would you offer him  a base  of 4/80 plus incentives and 2 vesting options?

Incentives:

+$2M for 40 HR

+$2M for 550 AB

+$2M for 120 RBI

Essentially, if he is on the field and producing like Josh, his pay goes up to $26M.

Vesting options automatically kick in if in the last year of the contract Josh gets

>500 AB

> 100 RBI

and >32 HR or >890 OPS

Otherwise, remaining two years are option years for the Sox to decide. If he is at the 4th year of his contract and still hitting like Josh-2012, then I wouldn't have a problem going year-to-year at that salary.

RS would have to have exit clauses for off-field substance abuse.

The potential of a 6-year contract is much better than he is going to get anywhere, it seems....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

The team we have now is an 85 win team. Not good enough . Josh would bring us to 92-93 wins. Unless they get Stanton, Josh is a must. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

mine, too.

[/QUOTE]

supposely Young will be gone and the rangers are looking at Dickey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hamilton is one of the best in the game. He would certainly improve our lineup and our playoff chances. Signing him will cost a lot, and comes with very obvious risks. I would take the chance and sign him. But I understand that the Sox , having been burned before , would want to avoid it happening again. What I don't understand is those who say we should sign him for four years , but not for five. You are thinking a little too far into the future with that. Either you want him or you don't. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After what I heard Greinke just rec'd from the Dodgers, there is no way the Red Sox are going to spend that ype of money on Hamilton, no way. Texas will up the years and money to keep Hamilton. Ben is in the cheap mode now.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Al, did you work at the Pentagon and OK those purchases of can openers for $1200 each? Thanks for your service Al.

[/QUOTE]

No in combat in Iraq for 13 months.

Sections
Shortcuts