The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

Yes when the Redsox start off hot it's an illusion, when the Yankees start off hot it's for realz

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Because travis haffner and Vernon wells are for real, they are going to be MVP caliber players come September.  Seriously those guys are probably playing better than what you will get when your regulars come back.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

troll...disrespecting frank like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Don't get too excited by your Red Sox performance so far. Remember how you were going to anoint Jackie, Ty Cobb, Bradley JR. into the Hall Of Fame? But don't make any clear, objective appraisal of your Red Sox too soon. In April you just don’t get a fair assessment. You get a snapshot of what you may be short on, or what you may have over evaluated. But even then, you have to be careful about making hasty decisions in April because there’s a long way to go.

But here is what we do know: Beyond Lester and Buchholtz there is a steep drop off of quality pitching. Dempster, and Doubront are back of the rotation starters in the AL. And Lackey is a complete mystery.

Offensively there is a power outage. Remember the 2004/2007 Ramirez/Ortiz combination is no longer present.

Look at the anemic batting average of your offense: Drew .115, Middlebrooks .186, Gomes .200, Saltalamacchia .225. And the combined total HRS for Ellsbury, Victorino and Pedroia is 1.

Meanwhile my Yankees’ offense is on fire. Hafner 5 HR, 10 RBI, Average .349, Cano 5 HR, 13 RBI, Average .318, Wells 5 HR, 8 RBI, Average .310.

And we have three top of the rotation starters in Sabathia (ERA=2.57, Kuroda(ERA=2.35, and Pettitte( ERA=2.01).

The Yankees are built to play October playoff baseball.

Your Red Sox management is still building that bridge to the “next great Red Sox team” whenever that is. The lack of dramatic moves by GM Ben during the off season has led to this mediocrity. Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

Like the Yankees do not do much of the same. I guess Ichiro has another 20 years left along with Mr. Pettitte. Granted the Yankees are pretty solid but they like the Sox also have plenty of aging players. How bout Vernon Wells picked up off of the trash heap, off to a great start but only after two straight seasons of decline so how long will he last. Youk's another. Sure he's hitting now but the last few years like Wells he has been on a downward spiral and he's not exactly a Spring Chicken. Let's see who else, Oh Lyle Overbay picked up off of the Red Sox trash heap and a Spring Chicken at 36. Jeter is an icon but he's getting on in years, not the player he use to be, and where's Alex Rodriguez when you need him.

The Yankees have three solid starters but none a exactly all that young with one foot torward the aging process and injury at any given time. So stop your grand delusions. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

troll...disrespecting frank like that.

Good Morning Southpaw, 

How can one possibly show disrespect to a NYC TROLL !!

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I'm a Yankee fan that needs to remind you that it's too early to make these grandiose comments on a Red Sox forum. Taunting has a way to come back and bite you in the arse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Frank, let's not gloat, just be happy the Yankees are playing as well as they have.

It's early it's a long season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

I'm a Yankee fan that needs to remind you that it's too early to make these grandiose comments on a Red Sox forum. Taunting has a way to come back and bite you in the ars.

Tigres, 

Thank you. I know there are many more like you in NYC who have respect for our Sox just as there are many Sox fans who respect the Yankees. Why fools like Frank feel the need to invade our space here in Boston beyond just getting off on his own jollies is beyond my comprehension.

Cheers, Hetch 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Don't get too excited by your Red Sox performance so far. Remember how you were going to anoint Jackie, Ty Cobb, Bradley JR. into the Hall Of Fame? But don't make any clear, objective appraisal of your Red Sox too soon. In April you just don’t get a fair assessment. You get a snapshot of what you may be short on, or what you may have over evaluated. But even then, you have to be careful about making hasty decisions in April because there’s a long way to go.

But here is what we do know: Beyond Lester and Buchholtz there is a steep drop off of quality pitching. Dempster, and Doubront are back of the rotation starters in the AL. And Lackey is a complete mystery.

Offensively there is a power outage. Remember the 2004/2007 Ramirez/Ortiz combination is no longer present.

Look at the anemic batting average of your offense: Drew .115, Middlebrooks .186, Gomes .200, Saltalamacchia .225. And the combined total HRS for Ellsbury, Victorino and Pedroia is 1.

Meanwhile my Yankees’ offense is on fire. Hafner 5 HR, 10 RBI, Average .349, Cano 5 HR, 13 RBI, Average .318, Wells 5 HR, 8 RBI, Average .310.

And we have three top of the rotation starters in Sabathia (ERA=2.57, Kuroda(ERA=2.35, and Pettitte( ERA=2.01).

Your Red Sox management is still building that bridge to the “next great Red Sox team” whenever that is. The lack of dramatic moves by GM Ben during the off season has led to this mediocrity. Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

Pretty sure Jackie Robinson and Ty Cobb are already in the Hall of Fame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

I'm a Yankee fan that needs to remind you that it's too early to make these grandiose comments on a Red Sox forum. Taunting has a way to come back and bite you in the .

Not to mention when the Red Sox are in first place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

relax, there will be no April championship trophy forthcomingi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Pretty funny post to say the least.  I would have loved to keep Youk for obvious reasons but the Sox and Yanks are very similar teams at the moment. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hafner and Wells are on fire.  I did not expect either of them to play this well. 

I hope the Red Sox and Yankees meet in the playoffs this year.  The rivalry needs to be more intense.  The rivalry died down a bit after the Red Sox finally won in 2004. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The NYY version of Smiley-Beni; maybe it is him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Yanks will not "fade away in the dog days of summer".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Granderson: "Mr. Girardi, I am ready to play."

Girardi: "..............take your time,.......no need to rush."

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I don't think the Yankees are contenders this year.  I've seen the "if we can just get so-and-so back" trap first-hand too often.  They lost a lot of power, the bullpen looks suspect other than Rivera, and Pettitte hasn't pitched a full season in five years.  Nova & Hughes are by far the worst bottom of the rotation in the AL East. I think they're in for a long season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wait...what?

Overbay

Youk

Nix

Wells

Ichiro

Hafner

i didnt realize Ben C. was the GM of the yankees......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox had the 16 game streak of starters allowing 3 runs or less.  This moron doesn't know a thing about baseball obviously.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I don't think the Yankees are contenders this year.  I've seen the "if we can just get so-and-so back" trap first-hand too often.  They lost a lot of power, the bullpen looks suspect other than Rivera, and Pettitte hasn't pitched a full season in five years.  Nova & Hughes are by far the worst bottom of the rotation in the AL East. I think they're in for a long season.

As usual, a twisted analysis

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Sox had the 16 game streak of starters allowing 3 runs or less.  This moron doesn't know a thing about baseball obviously.  

It's a record I believe, and unexpected

Sections
Shortcuts