The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Don't get too excited by your Red Sox performance so far. Remember how you were going to anoint Jackie, Ty Cobb, Bradley JR. into the Hall Of Fame? But don't make any clear, objective appraisal of your Red Sox too soon. In April you just don’t get a fair assessment. You get a snapshot of what you may be short on, or what you may have over evaluated. But even then, you have to be careful about making hasty decisions in April because there’s a long way to go.

But here is what we do know: Beyond Lester and Buchholtz there is a steep drop off of quality pitching. Dempster, and Doubront are back of the rotation starters in the AL. And Lackey is a complete mystery.

Offensively there is a power outage. Remember the 2004/2007 Ramirez/Ortiz combination is no longer present.

Look at the anemic batting average of your offense: Drew .115, Middlebrooks .186, Gomes .200, Saltalamacchia .225. And the combined total HRS for Ellsbury, Victorino and Pedroia is 1.

Meanwhile my Yankees’ offense is on fire. Hafner 5 HR, 10 RBI, Average .349, Cano 5 HR, 13 RBI, Average .318, Wells 5 HR, 8 RBI, Average .310.

And we have three top of the rotation starters in Sabathia (ERA=2.57, Kuroda(ERA=2.35, and Pettitte( ERA=2.01).

The Yankees are built to play October playoff baseball.

Your Red Sox management is still building that bridge to the “next great Red Sox team” whenever that is. The lack of dramatic moves by GM Ben during the off season has led to this mediocrity. Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

I'd be willing to bet neither Jackie Bradley Jr.   nor   Ty Cobb would appreciate the comparance.

Think about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

Says the guy who is repping Hafner and Wells.  LMFAO you cannot make this up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The thing about the Real Frank was that he was viscious and biting and would needle sox fans in the spots that hurt them the most.  Fake Frank hasn't seemed to land a decent jab yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Your mamma must be so proud franky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

troll...disrespecting frank like that.

Good Morning Southpaw, 

How can one possibly show disrespect to a NYC TROLL !!

Hetch

True, The real Frank was a troll as well, but at least he was good at it. This guy is weak at best.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Don't get too excited by your Red Sox performance so far. Remember how you were going to anoint Jackie, Ty Cobb, Bradley JR. into the Hall Of Fame? But don't make any clear, objective appraisal of your Red Sox too soon. In April you just don’t get a fair assessment. You get a snapshot of what you may be short on, or what you may have over evaluated. But even then, you have to be careful about making hasty decisions in April because there’s a long way to go.

But here is what we do know: Beyond Lester and Buchholtz there is a steep drop off of quality pitching. Dempster, and Doubront are back of the rotation starters in the AL. And Lackey is a complete mystery.

Offensively there is a power outage. Remember the 2004/2007 Ramirez/Ortiz combination is no longer present.

Look at the anemic batting average of your offense: Drew .115, Middlebrooks .186, Gomes .200, Saltalamacchia .225. And the combined total HRS for Ellsbury, Victorino and Pedroia is 1.

Meanwhile my Yankees’ offense is on fire. Hafner 5 HR, 10 RBI, Average .349, Cano 5 HR, 13 RBI, Average .318, Wells 5 HR, 8 RBI, Average .310.

And we have three top of the rotation starters in Sabathia (ERA=2.57, Kuroda(ERA=2.35, and Pettitte( ERA=2.01).

The Yankees are built to play October playoff baseball.

Your Red Sox management is still building that bridge to the “next great Red Sox team” whenever that is. The lack of dramatic moves by GM Ben during the off season has led to this mediocrity. Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

Great post Fake Frank.

The Yanks top 3 starters are all great pitchers.

I expected CC last night in warm weather to light up the radar gun. Should be a little concerned with what you saw.

As for class of the ALE, if that represents 3rd. place you nailed it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

I have been a Red Sox fan since the late 50's and don't like the Yankees. However I do respect them , they are a CLASS orginazation. Clean cut, no long hair. They don't look like they just came out of a cave or the jungle like some on other teams including the Red Sox. Old school? shur am.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This year the Yankees are almost as big a surprise as the Sox because they are winning without Teixeira, Granderson, Jeter, and A-Rod, which by my count is around $90M in annual salary.  Their pitching is OK, but their offense is among the top third in the AL--without those big money guys.  Brian Cashman seems to know what he is doing. 

The miracle for the Sox has to be the starting pitching, which has been amazingly consistent while using, so far, 7 different starters--Buchholz, Lester, Dempster, Doubront, Lackey, Aceves, and Webster.  Bullpen has been up and down but overall pretty decent and has the potential for four really good ones--Bailey, Hanrahan, Uehara, and Tazawa.  After 19 games, 2d best ERA in the AL.  Last night I wanted to strangle Doubront, but he ended up going 6 2/3 with 3 runs given up. 

The offense is not hitting all that well, but is scoring runs.  And I think it will only get better because Pedroia, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, Drew, and Saltalamacchia can all hit better than they have so far.  Victorino has no power, but is very effective in the 2 slot.  Pedroia so far is showing no power, which is not so good in the 3 slot.   Worth noting is that Bradley and Iglesias are starting to hit at Pawtucket. 

About the class thing.  I don't like beards on ballplayers--or long hair.  But that's just my own prejudice.  And the Yankees pay extra for those cleanshaven faces and shorn locks. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to practial's comment:

I have been a Red Sox fan since the late 50's and don't like the Yankees. However I do respect them , they are a CLASS orginazation. Clean cut, no long hair. They don't look like they just came out of a cave or the jungle like some on other teams including the Red Sox. Old school? shur am.

If you look like Charlie Manson and play a clean game you have more class than if you look like Wally Cleaver and try to buy evidence to coverup your PED use.  The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

If you look like Charlie Manson and play a clean game you have more class than if you look like Wally Cleaver and try to buy evidence to coverup your PED use.  The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

troll...disrespecting frank like that.

Good Morning Southpaw, 

How can one possibly show disrespect to a NYC TROLL !!

Hetch

True, The real Frank was a troll as well, but at least he was good at it. This guy is weak at best.

The real Frank is not a troll.  He is an honest yankees fan who likes to have some fun with sox fans and he'd always close with a 'my friend' or some good natured comment like that.

This pretender is just a bozo to ignore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Welcome to the year 2013.   LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

Good one.

Big Papi wishes he had a do over with that one. At least I hope so.

Thanks for not posting the list of Sox players who over the years played dirty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

Good one.

Big Papi wishes he had a do over with that one. At least I hope so.

Thanks for not posting the list of Sox players who over the years played dirty.

thanks HH

the next time slomag acknowledges that someone has made a point

will be the 1st time

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

not for nothing and i'm not saying that what david ortiz did was the rigth thing to do but honestly i do not remember mariano and/or jeter grabbing a microphone and saying anything after 9/11.    not to mention it wasnt just NY that was affected directly...PA had a plane on the ground and the Pentagon was hit by something.  either way....your correlation is a stretch at best. 

without a doubt ortiz was very emotional during that speech.  it may have gotten the better of him with the curse word.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In the spring of 2008, I flew from JFK to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.  At JFK, I met with Emil who was the Manager of Corporate Sales and Sponsorship of the NY Yankees.  Emil dropped his airline ticket so I picked it up and gave it to him.  He thanked me by providing me with a free upgrade to first class!  Laughing

He told me that if a company or agency wanted to meet with Jeter or A-Rod, it would cost $250,000 per hour.  Geez.   LOL

He also told me a dirty story about Giambi which is XXX rated so I won't post it here.   LOL

My dream job would be to work for any baseball team (except for the Marlins).   LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Then how do you explain how the RS tried to force the NYY noses into the dirt with their rare championship ceremony in 2005, yet the NYY stood up and applauded? And let's not forget the 5/3 ratio of HBPs over the yrs, or the RS PED users. What a joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

not for nothing and i'm not saying that what david ortiz did was the rigth thing to do but honestly i do not remember mariano and/or jeter grabbing a microphone and saying anything after 9/11.    not to mention it wasnt just NY that was affected directly...PA had a plane on the ground and the Pentagon was hit by something.  either way....your correlation is a stretch at best. 

without a doubt ortiz was very emotional during that speech.  it may have gotten the better of him with the curse word.

Jeter and MO were at the 911 site (& other team members, including some NYM players) & I recall Jeter making multiple speeches; just a little petty. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Then how do you explain how the RS tried to force the NYY noses into the dirt with their rare championship ceremony in 2005, yet the NYY stood up and applauded? And let's not forget the 5/3 ratio of HBPs over the yrs, or the RS PED users. What a joke.

hold up....timeout.

i was at that home opener in 2005.  there is no way on earth the sox tried rubbing the yankees noses in it.  do the red sox make the schedule?

the yankees were class that day (especially mariano) and so were the red sox.  please explain how the RS "force the NYY noses into dirt"? 

Sections
Shortcuts