The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

"relax, there will be no April championship trophy forthcomingi"

That's news to Frank, he's already handed out rings. I guess he wants to end this season now and have the summer off. 

We have some great Yankee posters in this forum. Frank isn't one of them. Frank will never be one of them. 

I love posters like Frank who are in awe of the fact that their big market enormous payroll team has some good players on it  And yes I count some of our own Red Sox fans on this as well...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

The Yanks aren't bad for a 3rd place team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The majority doesn't think he was the "worst SS in MLB"; just an attempt for you to be dramatic (i.e, zing the great Jeter yet again) for whatever reason. And, as stated above, the majority believes he's still (pre-injury) better overall than Nix or Nunez. FWIW, the NYY still managed to win 95 Reg Season games last yr, and ALOT of wins & championships the past 18 yrs, despite him.

He was "the worst" fielding SS in MLB for several years before the injury, and it is not me trying to be dramatic.

Jeter is a great hitting SS and will be in the HOF (probably first ballot), but he's a horrible fielder. There's no hidden agenda. I have praised many a Yankee player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The majority doesn't think he was the "worst SS in MLB"; just an attempt for you to be dramatic (i.e, zing the great Jeter yet again) for whatever reason. And, as stated above, the majority believes he's still (pre-injury) better overall than Nix or Nunez. FWIW, the NYY still managed to win 95 Reg Season games last yr, and ALOT of wins & championships the past 18 yrs, despite him.

He was "the worst" fielding SS in MLB for several years before the injury, and it is not me trying to be dramatic.

Jeter is a great hitting SS and will be in the HOF (probably first ballot), but he's a horrible fielder. There's no hidden agenda. I have praised many a Yankee player.

• moonslav59
    • First: 9/27/2005
    • Last: 4/24/2013

This year the Yankees are almost as big a surprise as the Sox because they are winning without Teixeira, Granderson, Jeter, and A-Rod, which by my count is around $90M in annual salary.  

They are not winning despite these injuries: they are winning because of these injuries.

Anybody at SS can field better than Jete the God of Glove Sham.

ARod hasn't been ARod since the PED testing began.

Teix's OPS has dropped off a cliff for 5 straight years and was headed to sub 800 territory- a negative for MLB 1Bmen these days.

Grandy is the only guy missed, but with the other 3 smucks counterbalancing, it's a net gain for the Tankees.

but i've never heard you refer to any other team's players as smucks..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The injuries are a trap - we've fallen in it year after year.  Even Granderson coming back poses problems - you have to move Wells (who is already cooling off) to RF where he's rarely played. It also pre-supposes that everybody else on the roster stays healthy, and that the injured players come back 100% right away.  Sox fans will tell you it doesn't happen that way, especially if Youk is covering one of your corner bags.

I disagree on Jeter - he's a significant upgrade over Nunez, though Nunez can hit better than he's showing.  Nunez is also very bad defensively - he has decent range, but God only knows what he'll do with the ball once he gets to it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Tell me when the number of days on the DL list by the Yankees breaks the # that Boston had last year and before that in 1987. Use facts instead of opinions.

2012 Red Sox had the most trips to and the most days on the DL since 1987. It is fact. Look it up. I'm talking about one season stats.

how does any of that fit into last nights disscusion

Don't post another 3-yr. bar chart Pinstripezac. I'm not talking about a 3-yr. average.

what was your point pike

can't be much of a point if we can  only look at 1 yr

the yanks are better off with a 167 hitting nunez

and that overbay is better than teix

LMAO moon

moon is so hung up on age / aging

that he fails 2C what cashmen % I  sees

just because a player isn't as good as he used to be

doesn't mean he still isn't better than many

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

The injuries are a trap - we've fallen in it year after year.  Even Granderson coming back poses problems - you have to move Wells (who is already cooling off) to RF where he's rarely played. It also pre-supposes that everybody else on the roster stays healthy, and that the injured players come back 100% right away.  Sox fans will tell you it doesn't happen that way, especially if Youk is covering one of your corner bags.

I disagree on Jeter - he's a significant upgrade over Nunez, though Nunez can hit better than he's showing.  Nunez is also very bad defensively - he has decent range, but God only knows what he'll do with the ball once he gets to it.  

i'm still wating for him to break his personal high of 7 rows :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

another thread that belongs in a NYY forum

not sure how the op can determine the "class of the AL East" with only about 10% of the season in....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...but i've never heard you refer to any other team's players as smucks..

I have other names for them...some worse than "Smucks".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon is so hung up on age / aging

that he fails 2C what cashmen % I  sees

just because a player isn't as good as he used to be

doesn't mean he still isn't better than many

[/QUOTE]

Look, I've been projecting age decline and increased injury for over 3 years now.

It finally happened, so forgive me if I get a little hyperbolic.

{#emotions_dlg.wink}

I have never been critical of Cashman. Don't know where you got that from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

We are back to square one, where I said you are the minority in this opinion. As was done before, no counter corollaries are needed, unless you want to continue to have a merry-go-round debate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

another thread that belongs in a NYY forum

not sure how the op can determine the "class of the AL East" with only about 10% of the season in....

The OP is an instigator

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Agree on all, except about the injury excuse; they did pretty well the last few yrs despite them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

We are back to square one, where I said you are the minority in this opinion. As was done before, no counter corollaries are needed, unless you want to continue to have a merry-go-round debate.

Just agree and the merry-go-round will stop.

Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Just agree and the merry-go-round will stop.

Wink

I don't agree; I've discussed his attributes with you time after time; amongst his worst attribute (UZR), you said he was 21st in 2012; so there was a few worse than him right there, at his age no less.

Sections
Shortcuts