The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

This year the Yankees are almost as big a surprise as the Sox because they are winning without Teixeira, Granderson, Jeter, and A-Rod, which by my count is around $90M in annual salary.  

They are not winning despite these injuries: they are winning because of these injuries.

Anybody at SS can field better than Jete the God of Glove Sham.

ARod hasn't been ARod since the PED testing began.

Teix's OPS has dropped off a cliff for 5 straight years and was headed to sub 800 territory- a negative for MLB 1Bmen these days.

Grandy is the only guy missed, but with the other 3 smucks counterbalancing, it's a net gain for the Tankees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

This year the Yankees are almost as big a surprise as the Sox because they are winning without Teixeira, Granderson, Jeter, and A-Rod, which by my count is around $90M in annual salary.  

They are not winning despite these injuries: they are winning because of these injuries.

Teix's OPS has dropped off a cliff for 5 straight years and was headed to sub 800 territory- a negative for MLB 1Bmen these days.

Grandy is the only guy missed, but with the other 3 smucks counterbalancing, it's a net gain for the Tankees.

wow....smh....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

not for nothing and i'm not saying that what david ortiz did was the rigth thing to do but honestly i do not remember mariano and/or jeter grabbing a microphone and saying anything after 9/11.  

I don't think anyone does

then again if they used the f word we probably would

I'm sure you don't  doubt that

they made/ were asked  some comments about 911

not to mention it wasnt just NY that was affected directly...PA had a plane on the ground and the Pentagon was hit by something.  either way....your correlation is a stretch at best. 

speaking of ''your correlation is a stretch''

911 was no more or less about nyc

than last week was about just boston

without a doubt ortiz was very emotional during that speech.  it may have gotten the better of him with the curse word.

I only made my comment

in response of some one ( named slomag) taking a cheap shot @ nyy

I never said anything about ortiz's comment in the other threads

but if the topic is class

I'm taking jeter &  mo every time

fair enough slasher9 ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

nunez batting 167

overbay better than teix ?

sure thing moon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Then how do you explain how the RS tried to force the NYY noses into the dirt with their rare championship ceremony in 2005, yet the NYY stood up and applauded? And let's not forget the 5/3 ratio of HBPs over the yrs, or the RS PED users. What a joke.

hold up....timeout.

i was at that home opener in 2005.  there is no way on earth the sox tried rubbing the yankees noses in it.  do the red sox make the schedule?

the yankees were class that day (especially mariano) and so were the red sox.  please explain how the RS "force the NYY noses into dirt"? 

You're right, that was the 1st home game, so my bad. But I do recall MLB requesting the RS FO to tone down the ring ceremony, which they considered, but eventually did NOT do. If I am wrong about that, I apologize, and retract my statement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Disagree; I'd rather have Jeter than Nix or Nunez, and so would the majority of BB media & fans. However, this ankle injury may make it impossible to play the field at all (or hit, for that matter); except maybe 1B.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to practial's comment:

I have been a Red Sox fan since the late 50's and don't like the Yankees. However I do respect them , they are a CLASS orginazation. Clean cut, no long hair. They don't look like they just came out of a cave or the jungle like some on other teams including the Red Sox. Old school? shur am.

If you look like Charlie Manson and play a clean game you have more class than if you look like Wally Cleaver and try to buy evidence to coverup your PED use.  The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

Then how do you explain how the RS tried to force the NYY noses into the dirt with their rare championship ceremony in 2005, yet the NYY stood up and applauded? And let's not forget the 5/3 ratio of HBPs over the yrs, or the RS PED users. What a joke.

I think all of baseball should hang their heads in shame when it comes to PED use, sox and yanks included.

I think Joe is a class act and to have his team watch the sox get their well deserved rings in 05' was pretty nice.  When you consider how the sox beat the yanks to get their rings, well, Joe is a stand up guy.

I watched the ceremony and I honestly don't remember the sox trying to force the yanks noses into the dirt.  Can you explain this one to me?  Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Disagree; I'd rather have Jeter than Nix or Nunez, and so would the majority of BB media & fans. However, this ankle injury may make it impossible to play the field at all (or hit, for that matter); except maybe 1B.

He's too old and was the worst fielding SS in MLB before the ankle. 

He's a pretty boy though, so he brings the ladies to the park.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

See above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

not for nothing and i'm not saying that what david ortiz did was the rigth thing to do but honestly i do not remember mariano and/or jeter grabbing a microphone and saying anything after 9/11.  

I don't think anyone does

then again if they used the f word we probably would

I'm sure you don't  doubt that

they made/ were asked  some comments about 911

not to mention it wasnt just NY that was affected directly...PA had a plane on the ground and the Pentagon was hit by something.  either way....your correlation is a stretch at best. 

speaking of ''your correlation is a stretch''

911 was no more or less about nyc

than last week was about just boston

without a doubt ortiz was very emotional during that speech.  it may have gotten the better of him with the curse word.

I only made my comment

in response of some one ( named slomag) taking a cheap shot @ nyy

I never said anything about ortiz's comment in the other threads

but if the topic is class

I'm taking jeter &  mo every time

fair enough slasher9 ?

Hey zac!

I wish ortiz had chosen a better word.  I think we can all agree that we each think our home teams are the best and have the most class and should win all the world series rings, etc.

Right now there is a big gaping open wound in boston so you have to cut us a little slack, ok?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Hey zac!

I wish ortiz had chosen a better word.  I think we can all agree that we each think our home teams are the best and have the most class and should win all the world series rings, etc.

Right now there is a big gaping open wound in boston so you have to cut us a little slack, ok?

[/QUOTE]

certainly 67redsox

no offense intended 2U or  anyone not named

slomag, who clearly asked for it

I suppose I didn't  picked the best example of lack of class

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Hey zac!

certainly 67redsox

no offense intended 2U or  anyone not named

slomag, who clearly asked for it

I suppose I didn't  picked the best example of lack of class

[/QUOTE]

Thanks zac, I knew I could depend on your friendship! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Partly true; regardless, yours is a minority opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If you look like Charlie Manson and play a clean game you have more class than if you look like Wally Cleaver and try to buy evidence to coverup your PED use.  The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

Because while every team in baseball had dirty hands during the PED era, the Yankees were running a PED ring out of their bullpen.  

Because when Giambi was caught he gave the weakest non-apology ever seen.

Because when Pettitte was caught he confessed to using PEDs just that one time - until he was caught again, and he confessed to oh yeah, that other time.

Because A-Rod.  'nuff said.

Because when every other team in baseball was looking to put this era behind them, the Yankees are looking for loop-holes to stay relevant.

Because of the seven players linked to BioGenesis, three are Yankees, and one is Melky Cabrera.

Because your third baseman is trying to buy evidence to coverup his involvement, and your front office is trying to use that behavior to void his contract.

Because Bartolo Colon's arm falls off and he drops off the face of the earth.  2 years later he's "discovered" by Yankee scouts throwing 97MPH and the Yankees look the other way.  Four seconds after his pinstripe career ends, he's suspended for 50 games.

I don't know if "class" is the first word to comes to mind when I think of Ortiz, but I have a lot of positive adjectives for him.   Bottom line - I can root for a guy who drops the f-bomb without feeling dirty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

The Yankee organization of the recent past is the opposite of class.

why because jeter nor mo

used an f bomb after 911

Good one.

Big Papi wishes he had a do over with that one. At least I hope so.

Thanks for not posting the list of Sox players who over the years played dirty.

thanks HH

the next time slomag acknowledges that someone has made a point

will be the 1st time

Good point :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Because when Giambi was caught he gave the weakest non-apology ever seen.

oh yeah, he didn't go far enough 4 U

being the first or 1 of  to admit it

while bonds and others wouldn't

you would of said

'I don't care about protecting my contract

what MORE do you need to fogive me'

when we both know there was nothing he could say 

for that to happen

Jason Giambi: “he’s not a veteran, he’s the veteran”

Those are the words Terry Francona used to describe Jason Giambi this morning, responding to a question about the “veteran presence” Giambi brings to the Indians clubhouse. Francona is strongly of the view that Giambi is not just veteran presence. He’s almost like an additional coach. And not just for the young kids. He’s an influence on everyone, from the rookies to the old guys and everyone in between.

"I truly feel it's an honor that he's in our camp," said Francona. "That's how strongly I feel about him. This guy is everything you want in a ballplayer."

"Young players, veterans, coaches and the manager could benefit from him," said Francona. "This guy might be one of the most respected players in the game."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, the majority thinks Jeter was a good fielder even before the ankle?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Tell me when the number of days on the DL list by the Yankees breaks the # that Boston had last year and before that in 1987. Use facts instead of opinions.

not this again

u have been proven wrong how many times on this Pike?

It was, however, a vallant attempt at actually making a baseball post.

Now, we see why he avoids baseball on a baseball forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

So, the majority thinks Jeter was a good fielder even before the ankle?

The majority doesn't think he was the "worst SS in MLB"; just an attempt for you to be dramatic (i.e, zing the great Jeter yet again) for whatever reason. And, as stated above, the majority believes he's still (pre-injury) better overall than Nix or Nunez. FWIW, the NYY still managed to win 95 Reg Season games last yr, and ALOT of wins & championships the past 18 yrs, despite him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

hard to argue or respect a guy whos says

the yanks are better off with a 167 hitting nunez

and that overbay is better than teix

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's usually pretty good, often outstanding

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

He's usually pretty good, often outstanding

moon is so hung up on age / aging

that he fails 2C what cashmen sees

just because a player isn't as good as he used to be

doesn't mean he still isn't better than many

Sections
Shortcuts