Ugly but the Sox need to let Bradley finish the year as the everyday centerfielder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Ugly but the Sox need to let Bradley finish the year as the everyday centerfielder

How else can they evaluate before seasons end?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Ugly but the Sox need to let Bradley finish the year as the everyday centerfielder

Because the whole season and some of last season wasn't enough??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Ugly but the Sox need to let Bradley finish the year as the everyday centerfielder

seriously he is what he is...even if he got hot the last few months, would you really think he turned the corner? he's a great defender, thats about it

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is getting painful to watch. He is just lost at the plate. Obviously pressing at this point. I am sure that he is a better hitter than he has shown. The question is: How long can you go with him?    When we let Ellsbury go , we committed to Jackie as our centerfielder . I think we have to wait a little longer. Give him every chance to turn it around.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good field, no hit; an evaluation as old as the game of baseball. An automatic out (mostly strike outs) every time through the ordr. That's not evaluation. That's quitting. As Ortiz said the other day, "we're not pkaying for numbers and paychecks; we're playing to win."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is getting painful to watch. He is just lost at the plate. Obviously pressing at this point. I am sure that he is a better hitter than he has shown. The question is: How long can you go with him?    When we let Ellsbury go , we committed to Jackie as our centerfielder . I think we have to wait a little longer. Give him every chance to turn it around.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

At the expense of the rest of the players, and the fans who pay to see good baseball? I don't think so.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

At the expense of the rest of the players, and the fans who pay to see good baseball? I don't think so.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   Well , we are not seeing very good baseball anyway. It is a lost season. Why not give Bradley more time? What is there to lose?  Is there a better alternative at this point? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Let him play. This team is so putrid that I would rather see a young guy suck and have hope for improvement than watch a veteran tread water.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

A good hitting coach needs to work with him.  He has the talent and skills to hit.  He will end up with a 0.250 career average, enough to keep him as a key contributor in the team with his gloves more than making up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

0-for-34 and counting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

you pretty much have to let him play and see if he can turn things around as this season is a write-off. The thing I have been wondering lately is, how much blame falls on the sox hitting coach for the teams offensive struggles? I mean I think there has to be a significant amount of accountability on him for the fact that so many guys are struggling. In fairness, its not like he can magically turn guys around, but should he not be telling bradley to get the leg kick out of his swing? Should he not be telling middlebrooks to drive the ball when he gets his pitch? Should he not be telling napoli to stop taking pitches with 2 strikes for strike 3 looking? I get the whole work the count strategy, but when your taking pitches that you should be swinging at and hopefully hitting hard, then I think it starts to get excessive. I have never seen a team that takes so many strikes when they are up in the count 2-0, 2-1 or 3-1. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

I remember when everyone was talking about his new open stance and how great it was... What happen?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember when everyone was talking about his new open stance and how great it was... What happen?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]     It closed ? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

0-for-4, 4 Ks...let him play!!! oy vay

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

0-for-4, 4 Ks...let him play!!! oy vay

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   The infamous golden sombrero. No doubt that he is absolutely lost at the moment. The question is :  Is he really this bad ?  I have to think that he is not this bad. I think you have to stay with him a while longer. How much longer ?  I don't know. Certainly the rest of this season. What is there to lose ?  Maybe there is something to gain. Why not give it a shot?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

He's putting too much pressure on himself . he's probably up there saying oh no not 2 strikes again. It's got to be tearing him up inside. He is a better hitter...he proved it during the short time he was hitting. He's got to get his confidence back and he needs to work with a GOOD hitting coach. We are seeing some good ball when he plays by the way. Those acrobatic catches don't happen every game you know. Well, except when JBJ is playing...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's putting too much pressure on himself . he's probably up there saying oh no not 2 strikes again. It's got to be tearing him up inside. He is a better hitter...he proved it during the short time he was hitting. He's got to get his confidence back and he needs to work with a GOOD hitting coach. We are seeing some good ball when he plays by the way. Those acrobatic catches don't happen every game you know. Well, except when JBJ is playing...

[/QUOTE]    The thing is, those catches do happen every day. As good as Jackie is, there are a lot of other excellent defensive players out there. The circus catch, web gems are pretty commonplace. Even if Jackie is the best, he is not that much better than the others to justify not hitting . He has got to improve at the plate. That has to happen if he is going to stay around.  And I do think that it will. But it is up to him to do it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Ultimately, he needs to get back to what he was doing while he was in the minors. I think he has tinkered too much to the point where he is just lost. When he opened up his stance a bit it seemed to help, but then went through a rough patch and started to tinker and added in the toe tap/leg kick. Ever since then, he has just been way off and has lost his confidence at the plate. I would say what needs to happen is the hitting coach should sit him down and go over video of him hitting during the time when he was hitting well earlier in the season and also in the minors. Really focus on the things that made him successful and work on getting back to doing those things. From what I can see, it would do him some good to shorten up his swing (think ellsbury) and just focus on making good contact. Stress to him that he doesn’t need to swing for the fences every time, just get hits. Also, pitchers have really been pitching him away a lot lately, bring that to his attention (if he hasn’t already noticed) and give him some strategies to become a better opposite field hitter and continually work on that. I think that its worth really putting time into getting him back on the tracks because defensively he’s is insanely good. It just seems like they are letting him go up there and make the same mistakes over and over again and continue to fail. I get that they are hoping he makes the adjustments himself and figures things out, but maybe the kid just needs some help. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ultimately, he needs to get back to what he was doing while he was in the minors. I think he has tinkered too much to the point where he is just lost. When he opened up his stance a bit it seemed to help, but then went through a rough patch and started to tinker and added in the toe tap/leg kick. Ever since then, he has just been way off and has lost his confidence at the plate. I would say what needs to happen is the hitting coach should sit him down and go over video of him hitting during the time when he was hitting well earlier in the season and also in the minors. Really focus on the things that made him successful and work on getting back to doing those things. From what I can see, it would do him some good to shorten up his swing (think ellsbury) and just focus on making good contact. Stress to him that he doesn’t need to swing for the fences every time, just get hits. Also, pitchers have really been pitching him away a lot lately, bring that to his attention (if he hasn’t already noticed) and give him some strategies to become a better opposite field hitter and continually work on that. I think that its worth really putting time into getting him back on the tracks because defensively he’s is insanely good. It just seems like they are letting him go up there and make the same mistakes over and over again and continue to fail. I get that they are hoping he makes the adjustments himself and figures things out, but maybe the kid just needs some help. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I agree. The ability is there. He just has to put it all together. But he has to do it before too long. In addition to the coaches, I would hope that some of the veteran players would help him. I think he would listen to them. No doubt there is a mental aspect to hitting. It is not all just physical. Confidence breeds success and success breeds more confidence. That applies to most things, hitting a baseball included.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Because the whole season and some of last season wasn't enough??

I agree; let him finish the season. I think he has the potential for 5 strikeouts in a game. Btw, that's sometimes referred to as the OLYMPIC RINGS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

the answer is to have him hit against worse pitching. ie. to send him down. fast. immediately. should have already happened. AA if that's what it takes. he needs to get back to having some comfort and confidence at the plate. right now he is simply digging a bigger and bigger hole.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Evaluate ? ha ha ha ha.......Evaluate his hitting over a year already. Needs at least two more years at Pawtucket or he should be moved . Sticking with JBJ was one of the problems this year.Maybe a trade to HOUSTON or a team like that would take pressure of JBJ  just go play and see what happens