What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

Via MLBTR, Jon Heyman is saying the Yanks are basically out of the running for Hamilton.  They would only sign him if he "fell into their laps at a low number."  That is not happening...Since I have a hard time seeing him in a Seattle uniform, does he go back to the Rangers...Are the Red Sox a serious possibility or not? Inquiring minds....

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/277800840356569089

[/QUOTE]

If he'd sign for 3 years I think the Sox would definitely do it. I don't think they'd go to four though.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox would be back in the hunt if they signed him, for sure....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Via MLBTR, Jon Heyman is saying the Yanks are basically out of the running for Hamilton.  They would only sign him if he "fell into their laps at a low number."  That is not happening...Since I have a hard time seeing him in a Seattle uniform, does he go back to the Rangers...Are the Red Sox a serious possibility or not? Inquiring minds....

[/QUOTE]

If he'd sign for 3 years I think the Sox would definitely do it. I don't think they'd go to four though.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I kind of like the way the Sox are coming together even without Hamilton. A lot of Sox fans are seriously underrating the impact Napoli and Victorino will have. For one thing I'll be pretty happy watching a Red Sox outfielder that doesn't have to bounce the ball back to the infield. I'd offer a wager on the season series again, but I still owe you for the last one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I kind of like the way the Sox are coming together even without Hamilton. A lot of Sox fans are seriously underrating the impact Napoli and Victorino will have. For one thing I'll be pretty happy watching a Red Sox outfielder that doesn't have to bounce the ball back to the infield. I'd offer a wager on the season series again, but I still owe you for the last one.

[/QUOTE]

Will definitely take that bet for 2013...It will be fun....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We could do this, if you win I come to Manhattan and if I win you come to Aroostook county...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Carnie has such problems with Sox posters, but has no problem with a Yankee fan trying to turn this forum into a dual site where we all should discuss the Yankees. Maybe some of your friends should find a Yankee forum they all like. It's not impossible. There are plenty all over the Internet and none of them start with Boston.com -- the most unlikely place.

Hey, there's even another Sox site that was turned into a Yankee/Sox site by pinstripezac. That seems like a good fit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carnie has such problems with Sox posters, but has no problem with a Yankee fan trying to turn this forum into a dual site where we all should discuss the Yankees. Maybe some of your friends should find a Yankee forum they all like. It's not impossible. There are plenty all over the Internet and none of them start with Boston.com -- the most unlikely place.

Hey, there's even another Sox site that was turned into a Yankee/Sox site by pinstripezac. That seems like a good fit.

[/QUOTE]

This forum is what it is kim. FWIW I don't have any problem with you because you come here to talk baseball at least half the time. Unlike some other posters. I actually enjoy your insights on baseball, it's just when you start harping on other posters that I tune you out. I've been a member of this forum for quite a while and at first I had problems with so many Yankees fans here. I even had some issues with my friend GreenPartyCelt back when he was caseycsw, but over the years I've realized that it's all part of one of the greatest rivalries in sports. I've also realized that just because someone is a Yankee fan that doesn't make them evil incarnate. Stick around and you might come to the same realization.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We could do this, if you win I come to Manhattan and if I win you come to Aroostook county...

[/QUOTE]

Wow...You might as well be Canadian living that far North in Maine....We should get together one of these days...I would love to see you perform, carnie...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow...You might as well be Canadian living that far North in Maine....We should get together one of these days...I would love to see you perform, carnie...

[/QUOTE]

I think that should be the bet then. You come here or I go there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This forum is what it is kim. FWIW I don't have any problem with you because you come here to talk baseball at least half the time. Unlike some other posters. I actually enjoy your insights on baseball, it's just when you start harping on other posters that I tune you out. I've been a member of this forum for quite a while and at first I had problems with so many Yankees fans here. I even had some issues with my friend GreenPartyCelt back when he was caseycsw, but over the years I've realized that it's all part of one of the greatest rivalries in sports. I've also realized that just because someone is a Yankee fan that doesn't make them evil incarnate. Stick around and you might come to the same realization.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's easy for you to say. I just happened upon two threads where I was being called another poster -- a man no less. I don't have to take that crap on my own team board. I'm here to discuss and read about the Sox. I don't need AHs from rival teams monitoring the forum 24/7 and insulting me and other posters. I'm sure you wouldn't want to come to your own team's forum and read this crap that's been going on since I got here. Enough is enough. And I have zero interest in turning this into more of a dual site than it already is, and that's partly due to the moderating. Sox fans shouldn't be insulted on their own forum by guys with nothing better to do than haunt rival team forums.

And you starting a thread to slam a Sox poster for the same things low life Yankee trolls have been doing for years, apparently with your approval, makes no sense to me. You can't say how fun Babe was with all his abuse and aliases, and then turn around and start a slamming thread about a Sox fan alias. And FTR, if you're constantly singled out and banned, you will have other names. jsyk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that should be the bet then. You come here or I go there.

[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you are ever playing closer to me....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Let me know if you are ever playing closer to me....

So I guess that means you don't like the wager. These hillbillies up here wouldn't hurt you, you know...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Actually I shouldn't be greedy. The Yanks getting gobbled up by the real evil empire is probably bad enough.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, monsieur, my head came close to exploding when I read what you just wrote...At first I thought I would just live in that State of Da Nile....After all, to a nihilist, Nothing is sacred..But since I have recently turned to the Dark Side, I have developed some amazing powers and also a different perspective on things...Maybe Citizen Candycane is a long, lost uncle, or even my REAL father..You might think you are winning, monsieur, with your left-wing idealism, but I now live in the REAL world...And I sleep like a baby these days....

[/QUOTE]

You should talk to Bill-806 and softlaw, they can give you remedial lessons in how to be a fascist while pretending to be a freedom loving American, and Greed and Selfishness 101.

[/QUOTE]

You are a hater. I thought the left preached tolerance?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Actually I shouldn't be greedy. The Yanks getting gobbled up by the real evil empire is probably bad enough.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, monsieur, my head came close to exploding when I read what you just wrote...At first I thought I would just live in that State of Da Nile....After all, to a nihilist, Nothing is sacred..But since I have recently turned to the Dark Side, I have developed some amazing powers and also a different perspective on things...Maybe Citizen Candycane is a long, lost uncle, or even my REAL father..You might think you are winning, monsieur, with your left-wing idealism, but I now live in the REAL world...And I sleep like a baby these days....

[/QUOTE]

You should talk to Bill-806 and softlaw, they can give you remedial lessons in how to be a fascist while pretending to be a freedom loving American, and Greed and Selfishness 101.

[/QUOTE]

You are a hater. I thought the left preached tolerance?

[/QUOTE]

And you're a crybaby. Isn't there a Dodger forum you could be annoying?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Evening, carnie....I know there's a bluegrass musician somewhere I could be annoying...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Evening, carnie....I know there's a bluegrass musician somewhere I could be annoying...

[/QUOTE]

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the Coal...Hamilton for anything over 4 years..the Crystal...probably too late for the crystal... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Now that I know Youk is in my stocking, will Hamilton please put me out of my misery one way or the other?  I have been wanting my Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200-Shot Range Model Air Rifle for Christmas, and I really don't care if I shoot my New Youk Yankee eye out in the end...

Andrew Marchand 12/12/12

Are the Yankees acting coy?

"As for Josh Hamilton, the Yankees cannot be ruled out. They could add Hamilton, while still reaching their goal of a $189 million payroll by 2014. In part of this potential equation, the Yankees could simply let Curtis Granderson leave after this season or deal him. Granderson is owed $15 million in 2013. If the Yankees were to trade Granderson and sign Hamilton, they would essentially be dealing Granderson for Hamilton and whatever players they received in a Granderson transaction. It actually makes a lot of sense, if the Yankees come to the conclusion Hamilton can handle New York. Yankees officials have acted lukewarm to the idea, but they might be acting coy."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rumor is that the Steinbrenners are anxious to sell the franchise and buy another European soccer team and dabble into the NASCAR circuit. That is what I've been reading over on the RiverAvenueBlues site.  Poor George would turn over in his grave if he knew this.  Meanwhile his sons are cruising around the Carribean on their yacht and are being cheapskates once again for the second consecutive winter. Even Francesca is adamant about it on his WFAN talk show. There are no happy campers on the phone. What goes around, comes around.

[/QUOTE] wow.. do you really take your cue from the Sports Pope and his legion of mindless sheep?...a bunch of callers who need to be told how to feel, all the while being ridiculed by that blowhard?...

20. This post has been removed.