1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: 0 for 22 .... Its not the

My wife said the look in Papi's eyes tells her he's not feeling good. Could be anything; during a long season players are bound to have their ups and downs with a variety of health problems.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Wrong again, Skippy.

You've got quite an 0-fer record going yourself. LOL

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

Papis numbers are slightly lower but still some of the best numbers.

4/20-june

BA .317  OBP .404  SLG. .604  17 2b  16 HR

july- present

BA .300  OBP .371  SLG .501  11 2b  8 HR

current full year stats

BA.310  OBP .390  SLG .557  OPS .947

Papi needs 21 RBI to get to 100. Even if he doesnt, Ill take 25-30 HR and 90-100RBI with a 300BA and an OBP around .380-.400 and an OPS about .950

Yup. what a drop off in production. Hes terrible. Id be worried that hes 0-22 because he hasnt proved that he can be consistent all yearUndecided. We all know that certain posters come here to rile people up on purpose, thats a troll. Usually ones opinions are derived from facts and information, not just made up nonsense. Thats just ignorance.

I knew you would skip august.

.253 with two homers?  Is that right.

try again

Jackbu might be an obsessive compulsive mental midget, but he's not a Sox fan.  Anyone who takes the time to create literally thousands of negative posts about one player has more issues than can probably be fixed.  My guess is that he is a Yankee fan who's still not over 2004.  Maybe he used to torture Sox fans in Pawtucket with tales of Bucky Dent & Babe Ruth at the local barbershop, and then it all changed in one dramatic Series.  The fact that he now chooses to bash arguably the Sox' most heralded prospect since Fred Lynn, a prospect who also happens to play the same position as Jeter, doesn't hurt the argument.  Jackbu might be a buffoon, but he's no Sox fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ortiz is certainly worth defending because he has been far and away the best hitter on the team this year.  I do not think age is a factor because he is basically a DH, although maybe age prevents him from recovering quickly from injuries big or small. 

That said, this slump started on August 19 and includes 8 K's and just one BB.  Right now--and this was very obvious in the Orioles series--opposing pitchers are more than happy to pitch to him. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Bill you couldn't perdictable and more disapointing.

Your constant Ortiz bashing is really old

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill, what happened?  You were doing so well.  Now you jump right back to being annoying.  I will just call it a slump that I know you will pull out of.  I hope its not your heel or your back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Sad.

Just sad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

South paw: Have to take off but i will check for your figures on Ortiz's average for August and the last 30 days.

When you figure out what stats of Ortiz will make you happy, figure out how many men he left on base this season and tell me if that makes you happy as well.

I guess my question was too tough for you.

What a surprise....

He said papis 2nd half numbers. When I provioded him the numbers he was using as the basis for his arguement, he then moved the goal posts to just august numbers. That is classic trolling. Hopefully the mods read this and notice his little game.

Looks like someone noticed.

And Jack couldn't even get Ortiz's August numbers correct.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Bill, what happened?  You were doing so well.  Now you jump right back to being annoying.  I will just call it a slump that I know you will pull out of.  I hope its not your heel or your back.

Space, don't blame me......  Im not 0 for 22, SON !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Space, don't blame me......  Im not 0 for 22, SON !!!!

No, you're about 30 (good posts) for 15,342.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The biggest issue for Ortiz since May has been a lack of protection in the lineup.  As surprisingly good as Gomes has been, no one is afraid to pitch to him with Ortiz on first...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill you were wrong on Papi for this season. 

Please be a man and admit it, it's what Dad would want from you. 

No running from the truth just because it impacts your bubble.

If Papi doesn't get another hit this season you were still wrong on him this time around. 

Time to show Dad what you're made of....

#manup

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You guys are talking to a brick wall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

My wife said the look in Papi's eyes tells her he's not feeling good. Could be anything; during a long season players are bound to have their ups and downs with a variety of health problems.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

With all due respect your wife really doesn't know if ortiz is feeling well or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You guys are talking to a brick wall.

Then why is every one posting on this thread?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Ortiz is certainly worth defending because he has been far and away the best hitter on the team this year.  I do not think age is a factor because he is basically a DH, although maybe age prevents him from recovering quickly from injuries big or small. 

That said, this slump started on August 19 and includes 8 K's and just one BB.  Right now--and this was very obvious in the Orioles series--opposing pitchers are more than happy to pitch to him. 

August 19th is the first game played after the yanks left town.  I wonder if ortiz met with arod for some batting tips UndecidedWink

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts