1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: 0 for 22 .... Its not the

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Looking for another big night from "big papi", 13mil man !!!

Bill again I will ask you ----are you saying that Big Papi has not earned his money this year?

Is not leading the team in HRs - Rbis - Slugging Pct and On Base Pct not enough ??

If you're looking for a straight answer to a straight question from Lil' billy, you're going to be left hanging once again.  Bill never answers a straight question.  Instead he consistently ignores the pointed questions within any post & hides behind glib answers to non-questions.  He calls it????  How does he put it????   Humor or some such nonsense, always obliquely implying that much of what he says is in jest, yet NEVER letting you know which parts.  You're just supposed to infer which parts of his nonsense posts are humor, & which were serious???  Same now goes for his socio-politial threads.  He calls the race-baiting & gay bashing "humor?"  or at least defends his girlfriends 67 & The Stiff One on that basis.  We just missed the 'humor' once again......

Now......   being called out for this......  lil' billy will cry "foul!"  He will whine about "hate!" raining down upon himself.    Never mind the REAL hateful rhetoric being spewed by his girlfriends.   It does seem that 67 has decided to cool it on the gay bashing front, as she is no longer receiving cover fire from The Stiff meister.  Lil' billy is also cooling it on that front.  Nice to see.

Anyway......   Don't count on any real answers too soon.

p.s.   There goes yet another SHOT by Papi :)

Another good game last night......  Glad to see "BIG PAPI" holding his own !!!

Good on ya billy!  Of course, we know you'll be laying in wait, hoping for another slump to justify your early season predictions of Papi's demise.  Still, at least you give credit where credit is obviously due.  It would of course be nice to hear you & the Stiff One admit being completely, totally, manifestly WRONG about all your foolish predictions about Papi???

No go?  Can't muster it?   btw.....  admitting when you're wrong never decreases credibility, as the Stiff One clearly fears.  It actually strengthens one's credibility, as your debate partners understand that they are dealing with a credible opponent.  One who is man enough to acknowledge REALITY.  It actually makes for a more interesting exchange.  Two months into Pedey's tenure with the Sox I was calling for him to be drawn, quartered, & shipped back to the minors, never to be seen again in the bigs.  Boy was I EVER WRONG!  Ahhhhhh!  That felt good.  Try it :)

No worries billy!  We love you anyway :)  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's give it a go billy.  How do these numbers stack up for a DH?  Has Papi been a bust?  A relative success?  Worth the 13M/yr x 2 yr. deal?  Did he earn the respect of this 2 yr. deal with ALL HE HAS DONE (and continues to do) for the Red Sox?  What do you say about these numbers over 5/6 of the season?  Were you & The Stiff One right or wrong about Papi?  Has he been one of the key components in leading the Sox toward a potentially historic season or not?  Has Stiffy been right or wrong in his continued proxy war through you to undercut everything Papi continues to do for this team?  Are these numbers manifestly indicative of an excellent season?

I'm sure you'll take each question on one by one, directly responding to each......  ;)

OPS of .951  >  82 RBI's in 113 games,    I'm not sure billy.  Are these numbers good?  I really don't know baseball all that well ;)  Who was it you girls wanted to DH this season?  I've forgotten.

David Ortiz* 113 426 61 133 28 2 24 82 61 70 4 .312 .395 .556 81

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Bill again I will ask you ----are you saying that Big Papi has not earned his money this year?

Is not leading the team in HRs - Rbis - Slugging Pct and On Base Pct not enough ??

If you're looking for a straight answer to a straight question from Lil' billy, you're going to be left hanging once again.  Bill never answers a straight question.  Instead he consistently ignores the pointed questions within any post & hides behind glib answers to non-questions.  He calls it????  How does he put it????   Humor or some such nonsense, always obliquely implying that much of what he says is in jest, yet NEVER letting you know which parts.  You're just supposed to infer which parts of his nonsense posts are humor, & which were serious???  Same now goes for his socio-politial threads.  He calls the race-baiting & gay bashing "humor?"  or at least defends his girlfriends 67 & The Stiff One on that basis.  We just missed the 'humor' once again......

Now......   being called out for this......  lil' billy will cry "foul!"  He will whine about "hate!" raining down upon himself.    Never mind the REAL hateful rhetoric being spewed by his girlfriends.   It does seem that 67 has decided to cool it on the gay bashing front, as she is no longer receiving cover fire from The Stiff meister.  Lil' billy is also cooling it on that front.  Nice to see.

Bill you did exactly what RedSox Dirtdog said you would do- You refused to answer a straight forward simple question. You instead give another quip: Another good game last night......  Glad to see "BIG PAPI" holding his own !!!

I will respectfully ask you one more time- Bill ----are you saying that Big Papi has not earned his money this year?

Is leading the team in HRs - Rbis - Slugging Pct and On Base Pct not enough ??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

just put the idiot on ignore folks... no use in responding to him because he ignores your points and will whine about "respect" when people call him out for being an idiot.

just let Bill, 67 and JackBU have their papi bashing tea party by themselves. Nothing you say is going to stop them from being ignorant blowhards.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1/No, he is not a 13mil player .....  Does not field, can not run the bases, average is falling ...........  2/ BTW, kindly do not blame me for any posts that are removed, as I don't play the game that way.......

Care to explain how you came to that conclusion?  According to Fangraphs, people whose livelihood depends on calculating such things, Papi is worth ~ 14.4M-16.0M.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Bill you did exactly what RedSox Dirtdog said you would do- You refused to answer a straight forward simple question. You instead give another quip: Another good game last night......  Glad to see "BIG PAPI" holding his own !!!

I will respectfully ask you one more time- Bill ----are you saying that Big Papi has not earned his money this year?

Is leading the team in HRs - Rbis - Slugging Pct and On Base Pct not enough ??

1/No, he is not a 13mil player .....  Does not field, can not run the bases, average is falling ...........  2/ BTW, kindly do not blame me for any posts that are removed, as I don't play the game that way.......

What do you call another day of driving in runs, luck?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

One of Bill's reasons is 'average is falling'.

Ortiz is 5th in the league in batting average.

As the saying goes, you can't make this stuff up.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   How many RBI's did Papi have tonight????

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

This thread and more particularly this post is why it is heavy lifting to even come to this board these days.  I used to love it.  The nonsensical rantings from Bill and his unrequested political barbs are very tiresome.  I can get all the slanted politics I need from Fox News.

Good on ya billy!  Of course, we know you'll be laying in wait, hoping for another slump to justify your early season predictions of Papi's demise.  Still, at least you give credit where credit is obviously due.  It would of course be nice to hear you & the Stiff One admit being completely, totally, manifestly WRONG about all your foolish predictions about Papi???

No go?  Can't muster it?   btw.....  admitting when you're wrong never decreases credibility, as the Stiff One clearly fears.  It actually strengthens one's credibility, as your debate partners understand that they are dealing with a credible opponent.  One who is man enough to acknowledge REALITY.  It actually makes for a more interesting exchange.  Two months into Pedey's tenure with the Sox I was calling for him to be drawn, quartered, & shipped back to the minors, never to be seen again in the bigs.  Boy was I EVER WRONG!  Ahhhhhh!  That felt good.  Try it :)

No worries billy!  We love you anyway :)  

I did that over 2 months ago, I did put up the Flag and gave the "Big Guy" the salute that he deserves...........  But you, keep pounding at me like I have 3 heads......  Put another way,  I have seen the same stuff many times, AKA, "Big O's playbook"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW, Do you see how this works.......  If I root against him, he does well..... Maybe I should keep it up !!!

Hey Bill here is a fact for you

if you are hitting 350 to 400 at the AS break and go on an 82 game hit streak where you go 1 for 3 every game your average will go down EVERY game.

And just like if you hit 200 (50 for 250)at the AS break and you do the 1 for 3 every game the rest of the season your ave (82 for 246) is .333 you will not ever get over 266

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

So, lets try this........  Nava, 3 hits.... The "BIG GUY", 0-4 .........  Lets flip Nava into the 4th spot, and "BIG pAPI" can back him up in the 5 slot !!!!    What say you ????????????

humor?

Oh billy!   Just when I think you're getting it????    Maybe not?

Please leave hte day to day stuff to the experts.......   i.e.  ME!  ;)

Sections
Shortcuts