1 Billion Spent on Big Labor: What Went Wrong in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: 1 Billion Spent on Big Labor: What Went Wrong in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012?

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softy they did not spend a billion. They spent  which is

2012   175 mil

2011   163 mil

2010   168 mil

2009   121 mil

By adding those up you get 627 million which is a lot closer to a half than a whole. At least it is from the schools I learned math in.

You failed to include the other costs of labor from the CBA, which brings it closer to 1 billion. But, a half a billion and zero playoff wins should not render you a giddy cheerleader, but it has;)

[/QUOTE]

They probably spent less than 1 million total on benefits. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"That's just babe being babe. I pretty much ignore him unless he's being funny."  carnie

As Bill-806 might say..... "that is a BINGO!"

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softy they did not spend a billion. They spent  which is

2012   175 mil

2011   163 mil

2010   168 mil

2009   121 mil

By adding those up you get 627 million which is a lot closer to a half than a whole. At least it is from the schools I learned math in.

You failed to include the other costs of labor from the CBA, which brings it closer to 1 billion. But, a half a billion and zero playoff wins should not render you a giddy cheerleader, but it has;)

[/QUOTE]

So what were those CBA costs? You also call me a giddy cheerleader which I am not. I'm a realist who knows that just because a player is paid a certain number that it always does not work out. Many sit back and say they used to do things different and that is why they were successful. That is pure BS it was the same F O doing the same things but not getting the results. They signed players who were expected to do certain things and did not. In the past players they signed played above what their career averages were and thus made the FO look brilliant. A few go the other way and they are idiots. 

You can not predict a players numbers from year to year except to hope they come in close to or higher than their average.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts