1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

congrats on how we've done so far!
    we still s@ck with RISP. and if we keep up this trend we're not gonna win it all.
    somethin's gotta change.

ps what's with papi in his 2nd worst hitting drought ever right now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

In Response to 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION:
    [QUOTE]congrats on how we've done so far! we still s@ck with RISP. and if we keep up this trend we're not gonna win it all. somethin's gotta change. ps what's with papi in his 2nd worst hitting drought ever right now?
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

RISP has haunted the Sox since I was a little kid.  Even with all the good hitting we've had - and runs scored - this is a bugaboo that has remained.

If we could get in just 10% more of those LOB in scoring position, at the right times, we'd be so totally scary it would be outlandish.  Fun to think about.

Papi. It's called baseball.  Streaks, droughts, ebb and flow as one of our friends here likes to say, ebb and flow.

Not to mention the fact that he's been taken out of his regular routine for 2 weeks now ... that can't be helpful.

Still glad you're enjoying the season, though.  Much more fun to come!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yet they won.
    Isn't it possible the RedSox put more RISP than other teams?
    Better to create the opportunities in the first place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION:
    [QUOTE]Yet they won. Isn't it possible the RedSox put more RISP than other teams? Better to create the opportunities in the first place.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

i hear you.
    believe me i've watched a lot of baseball. i appreciate we won.
    but if we dont learn to bring guys in, when it's one and done, we may pay.
    thats why i'd like to see them fix it a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION : RISP has haunted the Sox since I was a little kid.  Even with all the good hitting we've had - and runs scored - this is a bugaboo that has remained. If we could get in just 10% more of those LOB in scoring position, at the right times, we'd be so totally scary it would be outlandish.  Fun to think about. Papi. It's called baseball.  Streaks, droughts, ebb and flow as one of our friends here likes to say, ebb and flow. Not to mention the fact that he's been taken out of his regular routine for 2 weeks now ... that can't be helpful. Still glad you're enjoying the season, though.  Much more fun to come!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

hey yaz,
       "If we could get in just 10% more of those LOB in scoring position, at the right times, we'd be so totally scary it would be outlandish.  Fun to think about."

i agree. scary.
    but he yanks are putting up even more than we are.
    so an increase might help at the right time before and hopefully during the playoffs.

yes ups and downs and yes hes been out of regular lineup, but 2nd worst slump of his career. why. hope they fix it.

thanks yaz

very enjoyable season

if crawford comes back and hits and everyone is hittin, with riddick in right, miller in the 5 man, and navarro at short, we might be a lil dangerous.

still middle relief needs help to go into the playoffs. they shouldve not been cheap and offered the 3rd year to nail down the lefty stud.

thank,
    peace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

2-1  win      is a 2-1 win   no one is going to worry about it after posting the W.

One or two balls    a foot either way in yesterday game and it would have been   5-1  in the  3rd inning.. That's the game of baseball.

Tomorrow they may  score 10 runs on   6 hits..   

Too bad we don't see the Astro's  18 times per year  ..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett picked it up a notch yesterday, these things happen. Never a good stat, but aces do these things. Baesball only sport if you fail 7 out of 10 times you are doing good.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Glad that Beck's is back in that form ...

And I love that reality that a star can fail 70% of the time and still be a star.  It's more difficult than that, of course.  But still makes baseball loveable to the average Joe.  It's almost the Charlie Brown of sports.

...that same  measurement does not follow in fielding or pitching, of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION : Glad that Beck's is back in that form ... And I love that reality that a star can fail 70% of the time and still be a star.  It's more difficult than that, of course.  But still makes baseball loveable to the average Joe.  It's almost the Charlie Brown of sports.   ...that same  measurement does not follow in fielding or pitching, of course.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Gosh, what a comeback season. Him and AGon have been stirling. As far as RISP is concerned, the Yankees seem to stink at that as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Red Sox have gone through some stretches where they have been terrible with RISP.  But the stats indicate that on average it's not really a big issue.

AL average with RISP 251/332/386 718 OPS
    Red Sox with RISP 259/351/415 766 OPS
    Yankees with RISP 259/348/438 786 OPS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to 1 for 13 with RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION:
    [QUOTE]congrats on how we've done so far! we still s@ck with RISP. and if we keep up this trend we're not gonna win it all. somethin's gotta change. ps what's with papi in his 2nd worst hitting drought ever right now?
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

All teams go through this and don't forget our lineup has been quite different during this past road trip.  If we can stay healthy everything should fall into place in the second half.