10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History

No Jimmy Piersall, Ted Williams, or Babe Ruth? So much for this list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Jacoby Ellsbury isn't on this list?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The list was pretty bad, but I liked the idea of it.  I liked one of the comments on B/R that Ugueth Urbina tried to kill a bunch of people with a Machete.  That does sound a little crazier than refusing to shave your beard :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No idea how they're defining "crazy" here. I assume they meant "off the wall," but I never considered David Ortiz or Bronson Arroyo or even Johnny Damon for that matter "off the wall." Colorful, maybe, but not what I'd consider "crazy."

Now Bill Lee, obviously. How he's not No. 1 is a mystery. And where on earth is Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History:
    [QUOTE]No idea how they're defining "crazy" here. I assume they meant "off the wall," but I never considered David Ortiz or Bronson Arroyo or even Johnny Damon for that matter "off the wall." Colorful, maybe, but not what I'd consider "crazy." Now Bill Lee, obviously. How he's not No. 1 is a mystery. And where on earth is Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this list is whack.  How can have the 'craziest players in sox history' without Oil Can.  Also, I found it funny that the next article on the site, though he was absent from the list, was about Carl Everett pulling a gun on his wife.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History : Yeah, this list is whack.  How can have the 'craziest players in sox history' without Oil Can.  Also, I found it funny that the next article on the site, though he was absent from the list, was about Carl Everett pulling a gun on his wife.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    And you were really robbed, Spaceman. No. 2?!? Come on!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

That list belongs in Pink Hat Illustrated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crazy list... almost all current or recent players.

What about Roger Moret?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"I agree that the list was weak and too recent but I started the thread anyway."  Soxchemistry

Wow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Rumor has it that Law was killed by a bus while crossing the street on Beacon Hill in Boston and Softlaw got his arm severed by a tobacco thrashing machine in North Carolina. It is a sad year for the forum. I suggest that Burrito do his best to fill the void.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Rumor has it that Law was killed by a bus while crossing the street on Beacon Hill in Boston and Softlaw got his arm severed by a tobacco thrashing machine in North Carolina. It is a sad year for the forum. I suggest that Burrito do his best to fill the void.
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]

It's too bad you couldn't comment on the thread topic instead of providing the usual sardonic commentary; oops, you never do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Sorry, but the fact that (a) Bill Lee is not first on this list and (b) Oil Can Boyd is not even on it makes it a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but the fact that (a) Bill Lee is not first on this list and (b) Oil Can Boyd is not even on it makes it a joke.

I would think it's Piersall; Lee was never institutionalized; he's more of a comic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Steve (Psycho) Lyons has to be there for his nickname alone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

The list is lame. Start another thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History : I would think it's Piersall; Lee was never institutionalized; he's more of a comic.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but I think you'd want to exclude the clinically crazy and just go with off-the-wall colorful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History : Yeah, but I think you'd want to exclude the clinically crazy and just go with off-the-wall colorful.

Yeah, maybe a better list would be the 10 Biggest Flakes in Red Sox History.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]The list was pretty bad, but I liked the idea of it.  I liked one of the comments on B/R that Ugueth Urbina tried to kill a bunch of people with a Machete.  That does sound a little crazier than refusing to shave your beard :)
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Ugie is still in jail now I believe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 Craziest Players in Red Sox History : Yeah, but I think you'd want to exclude the clinically crazy and just go with off-the-wall colorful.

Actually, Piersall was cured (an unusual occurrence); it was discovered he was wilting from his father's pressure. The movie based on him (Fear Strikes Out) angered him due to the inaccuracies that filmmakers often take liberties with.

Note: He was a comic himself; I went to a game when he was on the Angels and did some funny antics from the dugout; he also ran the bases backwards on his 100th HR while with the Mets when he bet Snider the fans would notice his milestone over Snider's 400th HR. I also remember him on the Lucy show, saying after she did her shtick to him "And they say I'm crazy",  as well as the Johnny Carson show, with comedy laden material.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Absolutely terrible thread and list.

No Roger Moret, Jimmy Piersal, Gene Conley, Pumpsie Green, Sonny Siebert.

Give it a rest.