10 key changes before next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 10 key changes before next season

In Response to Re: 10 key changes before next season:
    In Response to Re: 10 key changes before next season : We definately can't count on this bunch to stay off the DL, or pitchers like Josh, Lackey and Lester to rebound so its a tough task if we tie Papi in for two or three more years for sure.
    Posted by craze4sox

Well, I've been saying for years that if you count on Beckett to finish the season strong & healthy you are counting on losing.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: 10 key changes before next season : Hey Drewski, I agree "on paper" we need Papi's bat if he does in fact want to stay, but I have a question for you.  Say we give Papi a three year contract around 15mil per year with the last season being a team option.  If everything goes as planned but we can't dump any other significant salaries like Josh, Lackey or CC my guess is we may have 25/28mil to spend on upgrades. What would you do with this money to put our team back on track?   
    Posted by craze4sox

The Sox aren't going to give three years. I think they should give two but he still might just get on e year.

The Sox are averaging .5 runs a game less since he's gone out. To be fair, Middlebrooks has been out too.

If Pedroia stays at No. 3, I'd like to see what damage A-Gon-Papi-Middlebrooks can do in the middle of the order together.

In fact, I would have loved to see what this lineup could have done once Ellsbury and Crawford came back with everyone healthy, but that never happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: 10 key changes before next season : The Sox aren't going to give three years. I think they should give two but he still might just get on e year. The Sox are averaging .5 runs a game less since he's gone out. To be fair, Middlebrooks has been out too. If Pedroia stays at No. 3, I'd like to see what damage A-Gon-Papi-Middlebrooks can do in the middle of the order together. In fact, I would have loved to see what this lineup could have done once Ellsbury and Crawford came back with everyone healthy, but that never happened.
    Posted by royf19

roy,

I agree to some extent but hoping this bunch stays healthy enough to have a great run may not be in the cards.  Youk, was the first of the DL guys to go "too soon and too cheap" rather than waiting to see how he recovered and possibly get a nicer return but the correct move regardless.  Beckett and Lackey are two guys that could help any team if they could only pitch as well as they believe and keep the attitude to themselves.   Both need to go ASAP

Ells is a guy I love but "again" hes been on the DL way too much at a very early age.  Not his fault, he plays the game the way it should be played but simply doesn't have a "Pete Rose" body.  I see another trade here with Bradley getting a fast track to the majors if he can handle the opportunity.  CC, was one of the worst signings ever but "like Lackey" chances of ever getting a team to take him off our roster at this point are slim to none.  Papi, is a great DH and team guy but loves to gripe about his contract.  Sorry but I disagree with you about David accepting a "Wake" type deal to stay in Boston.  He will be offered better so we either commit and hope for the best, or use his money wisely.  

Lastly
    , so I don't drag this on we have Salty and Aviles who are not starters and do very little to help this club.  Salty will probably get another year to prove himself because we have Lav to help and he doesn't know our staff just yet.  Aviles is gone in my opinion to save money while be bring Ciriaco, Iggy and Bogy along so I feel SS and C could be productive next season.

Sections
Shortcuts