100 Wins for this Fabulous Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

100 Wins for this Fabulous Team

Appears reachable; if so, it would only be the 2nd time. The other time was in '46. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 100 Wins for this Fabulous Team

Stephen Id like to see it, but I dont think it will happen. I see more In the 95-98 range. But this NY series is not all wine and roses despite 3 of 3. Your pen was putrid, but ours has been horrid, especially Thornton and Tazawa to a certain degree (better today). Lackey was soft today, but that could be because of the big lead. But what ticks me off more than anything is Ellsbury. I am sick, sick, sick of this team having good chances ruind by injury. Now clearly hes not as bad as Pedroia was when he smashed his navicular becasue Ellsbury played at a high level after injuring it, and Pedroia could barely walk to first base that night. So hopefully its not as bad, but its still annoying. Even if they win it all it takes some of the fun out of it when you dont get to see key players play out the string. The Red Sox have bones brittle like plaster of paris.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Stephen Id like to see it, but I dont think it will happen. I see more In the 95-98 range. But this NY series is not all wine and roses. Your pen was putrid, but ours has been horrid, especially Thornton and Tazawa to a certain degree. Lackey was soft today, but that could be because of the big lead. But what ticks me off more than anything is Ellsbury. I am sick, sick, sick of this team having good chances ruind by injury. Now clearly hes not as bad as Pedroia was when he smashed his navicular becasue Ellsbury played at a high level after injuring it, and Pedroia could barely walk to first base that night. So hopefully its not as bad, but its still annoying. Even if they win it all it takes some of the fun out of it when you dont get to see key players play out the string. The Red Sox have bones brittle like plaster of paris.

If ellsbury not playing today is ruining your season the I am at a loss for words. This postis geo/adg worthy. Way to go. The sox are in first place and rocking so far in September. If your upset because ells is hurt, get over it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Stephen Id like to see it, but I dont think it will happen. I see more In the 95-98 range. But this NY series is not all wine and roses despite 3 of 3. Your pen was putrid, but ours has been horrid, especially Thornton and Tazawa to a certain degree (better today). Lackey was soft today, but that could be because of the big lead. But what ticks me off more than anything is Ellsbury. I am sick, sick, sick of this team having good chances ruind by injury. Now clearly hes not as bad as Pedroia was when he smashed his navicular becasue Ellsbury played at a high level after injuring it, and Pedroia could barely walk to first base that night. So hopefully its not as bad, but its still annoying. Even if they win it all it takes some of the fun out of it when you dont get to see key players play out the string. The Red Sox have bones brittle like plaster of paris.

I thought that was only NYYs; FWIW, RS kicked butt the last 2 games w/o him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Stephen Id like to see it, but I dont think it will happen. I see more In the 95-98 range. But this NY series is not all wine and roses. Your pen was putrid, but ours has been horrid, especially Thornton and Tazawa to a certain degree. Lackey was soft today, but that could be because of the big lead. But what ticks me off more than anything is Ellsbury. I am sick, sick, sick of this team having good chances ruind by injury. Now clearly hes not as bad as Pedroia was when he smashed his navicular becasue Ellsbury played at a high level after injuring it, and Pedroia could barely walk to first base that night. So hopefully its not as bad, but its still annoying. Even if they win it all it takes some of the fun out of it when you dont get to see key players play out the string. The Red Sox have bones brittle like plaster of paris.

If ellsbury not playing today is ruining your season the I am at a loss for words. This postis geo/adg worthy. Way to go. The sox are in first place and rocking so far in September. If your upset because ells is hurt, get over it.

Just how many Buds do you have under your belt in celebration of today's win? At what point did I say it was "ruining the [whole] season"? What I said was: 

1. Im sick of seeing key injuries to players that I like

2. By extension, despite enjoying the wins, they would be more enjoyable if all the players I like (and that got us here) were participating in the victory.

3. Therefore, it stands to reason that I not only want to beat the opposition, I want to leave them speechless and destroy them with a team hitting on all cylinders at peak moments when the seasoon is on the line.

4. Dont expect to score from 12-20 every night in the postseason, meaning microscopic advantages like Ellsbury's speed may make the difference between winning and losing. We need him.

Now then, what part of this statement implies the season is "ruined"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I thought that was only NYYs; FWIW, RS kicked butt the last 2 games w/o him.

Youre right Stephen, even I have to admit the injuries have been particularly cruel to you this year. But we've had multiple years like that, esp 09-10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Also, Exam, it appears they're letting Ells walk; I don't think it'll matter that much. Boras has caused his players to experience somewhat of  a pariah effect; perhaps Cano is not as dumb as he looks, not that he cares what I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Also, Exam, it appears they're letting Ells walk; I don't think it'll matter that much. Boras has caused his players to experience somewhat of  a pariah effect; perhaps Cano is not as dumb as he looks, not that he cares what I think.

I agree they may not sign him, but that doesnt take away from the need for him this year. If JBJ was closer to ready Id worry less about ot having Ellsbury. But then again, the PS is over 3 weeks off yet, he may be injured just enough to be back in time. We will see what the Dr's say soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Getting back to this team, I can't believe I'm saying this, but a small part of me wants to see excellence rewarded; very small.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Getting back to this team, I can't believe I'm saying this, but a small part of me wants to see excellence rewarded; very small.

Welcome aboard Nh. Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Welcome aboard Nh. Cool

[/QUOTE]

LOL

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Torgorox's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sure Ellsbury is getting his medical advice from Dr. Boreass.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what scares me. If so, hes done. But I doubt it. We forget that the agent works for the player. Ells is a competitive guy, and is "pi55ed off" (according to Farrell) that he cant be out there. My guess is if the Dr's give him lattitude, he will sit out for a while, take some cortizone shots and try to play through it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats what scares me. If so, hes done. But I doubt it. We forget that the agent works for the player. Ells is a competitive guy, and is "pi55ed off" (according to Farrell) that he cant be out there. My guess is if the Dr's give him lattitude, he will sit out for a while, take some cortizone shots and try to play through it.

[/QUOTE]

Could be Boras spin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats what scares me. If so, hes done. But I doubt it. We forget that the agent works for the player. Ells is a competitive guy, and is "pi55ed off"(according to Farrell) that he cant be out there. My guess is if the Dr's give him lattitude, he will sit out for a while, take some cortizone shots and try to play through it.

[/QUOTE]

Could be Boras spin

[/QUOTE]

Well, Farrell said that so could be, but how would they channel it through Farrell?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats what scares me. If so, hes done. But I doubt it. We forget that the agent works for the player. Ells is a competitive guy, and is "pi55ed off"(according to Farrell) that he cant be out there. My guess is if the Dr's give him lattitude, he will sit out for a while, take some cortizone shots and try to play through it.

[/QUOTE]

Could be Boras spin

[/QUOTE]

Well, Farrell said that so could be, but how would they channel it through Farrell?

[/QUOTE]

By duping him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hellooooo Pike

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dai6CC5BA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hellooooo Pike

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again, DICK              TRACY.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Hellooooo Pike

Maybe, maybe not. U may need a new alias as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hellooooo Pike

Can't blame him for thinking so, with Pikes history. That's Mr Yazz, steven 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Just how many Buds do you have under your belt in celebration of today's win? At what point did I say it was "ruining the [whole] season"? What I said was: 

1. Im sick of seeing key injuries to players that I like

2. By extension, despite enjoying the wins, they would be more enjoyable if all the players I like (and that got us here) were participating in the victory.

3. Therefore, it stands to reason that I not only want to beat the opposition, I want to leave them speechless and destroy them with a team hitting on all cylinders at peak moments when the seasoon is on the line.

4. Dont expect to score from 12-20 every night in the postseason, meaning microscopic advantages like Ellsbury's speed may make the difference between winning and losing. We need him.

Now then, what part of this statement implies the season is "ruined"?

The highlighted the bold quotes in your statement makes it pretty apparent that you are disappointed. None of my "buds" were disappointed by todays win, in fact we exchanged many high fives including one from our friend whose a huge yankees fan who was watching with us. 

Inregards to lackey he was bound to have a poor start eventually, whether he has hit an innings wall after not pitching all last year remains to be seen. 

My friends and I were all pretty excited by todays win, take the first 3 of 4 game series is a huge deal and it never hurts if its against the yankees.

As to Stevens prediction of a 100 wins, its definitely possible but im sticking with 95 plus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't honestly believe that, can you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't honestly believe that, can you?

[/QUOTE]

This may be cynical but i believe it's always about the money. Also, i believe the fans love their teams more than most of the players.

Sections
Shortcuts