11 & 15......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......COMING HOME TO A FREE FALL.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : I know it's piling on but I hated the Crawford signing from the get go. After pulling off an awesome trade for AG...I thought the front office would go after some much needed pitching. But instead they overpay for an outfielder who doesn't fit the Sox mold...he's batting a buck fifty two, can't hit lefties and sucks under pressure. Welcome to Boston boy!!! I hope that he can prove me wrong but I think this is going to be a terrible signing for the Sox....long season here we come...so glad that I didn't order the MLB package! At least we can root the B's on! G o B's !!!
    Posted by mattman1447

If A-Gon started off slow, you would have criticized the A-Gon trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Re: 1 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

The coaching staff did not have the team ready for the season. I have stated this on many occasions what I think of francona and his staff.

In Response to 1 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
      TO TALK ABOUT  "REGIME CHANGE" ??????  MY GOODNESS,  DID OUR STARTING PITCHERS HAVE A SPRING TRAINING, OR IS THAT WHAT APRIL IS FOR ??????   BTW,   DOES ANYONE EVER THROW A CHANGE-UP ANYMORE ???   "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE "BIG O" IS WATCHING, REMEMBER GENERAL MOTORS !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????
    Posted by Bill-806

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxLose. Show SoxLose's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......:
    Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.
    Posted by pelosireturns

Well. this RS team is in NO WAY the '98 Yankees. And it is indeed true it's wayyyy too early for you guys to panic. That said, the importance of 2 games in this division can't be overstated. It's going to go down to the line

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

I KNOW....... IT'S ALL ABOUT PITCHING, PITCHING & PITCHING !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I know it's piling on but I hated the Crawford signing from the get go. After pulling off an awesome trade for AG...I thought the front office would go after some much needed pitching. But instead they overpay for an outfielder who doesn't fit the Sox mold...he's batting a buck fifty two, can't hit lefties and sucks under pressure. Welcome to Boston boy!!! I hope that he can prove me wrong but I think this is going to be a terrible signing for the Sox....long season here we come...so glad that I didn't order the MLB package!

At least we can root the B's on!

Go B's!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from monroe721. Show monroe721's posts

Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.
    Posted by pelosireturns

What bull......this team is not the 98 Yanks. What flavor koolaid are you drinking!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    Seems to me the Redsox fail to gear up enough during spring training. They lost, what, 9 in a row? They focus too much on health and not on being ready. We'll be O.K. Gove them a couple of weeks.
    Posted by Karlosantonylimtiaco

BAM! They don't start going 100% until the games count...which leads, more often then not, to start like these. Lester is the poster boy. Stud pitcher, drafted and groomed by this regime, and look at his Aprils....bad bad and...bad. There is something fundamentally wrong with the way the prepare for the season.

But I wouldn't even say a couple weeks, ten days usually is enough, about 2 starts apiece for the starters...which I guess is about a couple of weeks if I'm not splitting hairs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by pelosireturns

Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Unless the sox shake things up within the next few days my guess is this will be a long long season.

When is still too early too late? G o B's !!!
    Posted by mattman1447

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : What's up Jessey?  Hope the offseason was great. I actually think Texas has a far more stacked lineup than NY, Bos, or Phi.  Wait till the Yanks get these guys; that lineup is pure brutality. 
    Posted by soups

Hey Soup - how are you?

It is going to be an interesting year for sure. And the real craziness begins in 6 hours. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    once the SOX start playing on paper they will be fine. and bill, continue being an idiot; we are all laughing at you.
    Posted by GARCIA1
      JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOUR DAY, PEDRO !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OH NO.......  0 & 5  ????   I HOPE NOT, I CAN'T TAKE IT !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, would 0-5 reduce you to lower case?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : That's the spirit pelosi. 160 and 2 is still not a bad record. I guess Andy's happy, being a yankee dog and all. And Bill, it is not to early, but it is too early.
    Posted by MikeNagy
       THANK YOU !!    STILL 0 & 2  ......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: 0 & 3.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 3.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    I love it. Firts it was "it's only spring training" and now it's "it's only the first 3 games".... As Yogi once said, "It gets late early around here"
    Posted by SmileyBabe

What does "Firts" mean? You are always nitpicking everybody else for spelling and grammar.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Oops! my bad, you already corrected us on that one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Not losing our minds, this is just a poor team offensively, nothing from catching, third base is weak, and not good starting pitching, team can't hit. Spring training was our preview to this team. When the Sox hitters and pitchers stunk up spring training everyone said "but it is only spring training". Now that the team is 0 for 4 your saying don't lose our heads. Can't even imagine what shape the sox team will be in after the Yankee series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.
    Posted by jesseyeric

What's up Jessey?  Hope the offseason was great.

I actually think Texas has a far more stacked lineup than NY, Bos, or Phi.  Wait till the Yanks get these guys; that lineup is pure brutality. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Posted by pelosireturns

That's the spirit pelosi. 160 and 2 is still not a bad record.

I guess Andy's happy, being a yankee dog and all.

And Bill, it is not to early, but it is too early.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
      TO TALK ABOUT  "REGIME CHANGE" ??????  MY GOODNESS,  DID OUR STARTING PITCHERS HAVE A SPRING TRAINING, OR IS THAT WHAT APRIL IS FOR ??????   BTW,   DOES ANYONE EVER THROW A CHANGE-UP ANYMORE ???   "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE "BIG O" IS WATCHING, REMEMBER GENERAL MOTORS !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????
    Posted by Bill-806

It's  0-3 and yes, it is way too early.

Bill, I thought your dad taught you better than that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
       DEAD TEAM WALKING !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Walking would imply baserunners.  Scarce few of those so far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I guess the real question I have is WHEN is it not to early?

In Response to 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    Posted by Bill-806

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : If A-Gon started off slow, you would have criticized the A-Gon trade.  
    Posted by Ice-Cream

I don't think so...AG is pretty much built for Fenway with many great years ahead of him. CC probably won't sniff another year like he had last season. Sorry to say, the Sox are stuck with a way overpriced outfielder. His sack of production and salary is going to kill this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Best damn "0 & 6" team money can buy!
    Posted by mattman1447

0 wins and 6 losses with the Yanks coming in.....that's all right....its OK.....once our Sox have their spring training during the early part of the regular 2011 season, as they sure didn't have it in the spring training for the 2011 season, they will be OK.  Theo and Francona were more focused on getting all the minor leaguers ready for their seasons instead of getting our starters ready for the big time.  Another week or two and our Sox will start kicking butt, even if their record by then might be 0-8 wins and 12-20 losses.  GO SOX!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

once the SOX start playing on paper they will be fine. and bill, continue being an idiot; we are all laughing at you.
    Posted by GARCIA1
       PEDRO,  IM NOT GOING TO STOOP TO YOUR CHILDISH/LIBERAL/MOONBAT STATE AND CALL YOU NAMES (IDIOT).... BUT AS FAR AS THE LAUGHING GOES, I WOULD THINK IT IS THE RED SOX THAT ARE BEING LAUGHED AT, NOT BILL-806 AS I JUST CALL IT AS I SEE IT !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It's very early, eventhough they go  0-12, it's still 150 games remaining and still believe they will make it to the playoffs.
    Posted by WongTiaoChingSui

That is the spirit WTCS!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : That is the spirit WTCS!  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
      OK SPACEMAN,  FORGET THE FIRST/LAST 6.......  IT'S OPENING DAY AT BOSTON'S FENWAY PARRRRK..... HI NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSET !!!   GO SOX...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I cannot believe we're a week into the season and already talking about missing the playoffs.
    Posted by RSNS14
      WELL BELIEVE IT !!!   YA HAVE TO W I N TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS !!!  JUST FOR THE RECORD, THEY DO COUNT THE GAMES PLAYED IN APRIL !!!

Sections
Shortcuts