11 & 15......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......COMING HOME TO A FREE FALL.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......

Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]Seems to me the Redsox fail to gear up enough during spring training. They lost, what, 9 in a row? They focus too much on health and not on being ready. We'll be O.K. Gove them a couple of weeks.
    Posted by Karlosantonylimtiaco[/QUOTE]

BAM! They don't start going 100% until the games count...which leads, more often then not, to start like these. Lester is the poster boy. Stud pitcher, drafted and groomed by this regime, and look at his Aprils....bad bad and...bad. There is something fundamentally wrong with the way the prepare for the season.

But I wouldn't even say a couple weeks, ten days usually is enough, about 2 starts apiece for the starters...which I guess is about a couple of weeks if I'm not splitting hairs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.
    Posted by pelosireturns[/QUOTE]

Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

I cannot believe we're a week into the season and already talking about missing the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Unless the sox shake things up within the next few days my guess is this will be a long long season.

In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]When is still too early too late? G o B's !!!
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawAAA. Show softlawAAA's posts

Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

It's not too early to say that this team has spent the first 4 games mailing it in. The embarrassment happening so early may be a blessing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : What's up Jessey?  Hope the offseason was great. I actually think Texas has a far more stacked lineup than NY, Bos, or Phi.  Wait till the Yanks get these guys; that lineup is pure brutality. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Hey Soup - how are you?

It is going to be an interesting year for sure. And the real craziness begins in 6 hours. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Poor Doris Kearns Goodwin had to get the "jab" on Meet the Press today for her loyalty to the SOX. AL east=every game counts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"Not losing our minds, this is just a poor team offensively"
    There is too much proven talent on this team for them to go on like this. The Sox WILL turn it around. 1-5 are all 300 hitters, and they will be this year too. I do agree with you about ST. I dont like the way they have come out of the gates, as a team, the last couple years. Too many slow starts from important pieces.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BambinoBabe. Show BambinoBabe's posts

I agree with Bill. SAWX SU-CK.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawAAA. Show softlawAAA's posts

The Red Sox need to replace Lackey, as he is sunk cost as far as being a top end of the rotation guy. Buy this summer, the Red Sox need to bring back
    Doubrant and cut the losses on Lackey. Lackey has never finished anything on the big stage.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from QCluvSox. Show QCluvSox's posts

Funny thing,

If a team with a record of 42-20 gets a bad week (like 0-6) in the middle of the season, nobody will challenge the idea that this team won't make the playoff. All will said... well they got a bad week!

The problem with the last week is that everyone of us were so anxious to see that wonderful team, we all though that we could'nt lose one game. Expectations were so high, it's like a young kid that the morning of christmas find out that he cannot enjoy his new toy because the toy is broken.

By the end of the year, Crawford, Youk, Ellsbury, Gonzalez, Pedroia, Lester, etc will all be where we expect them to be. The only question marks I have is about Salty and Beckett. For the first, Sox have the resources to solve this problem with a trade. For Beckett, I'm more concerned but... hey, he is our 4th guy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]     OH NO.......  0 & 5  ????   I HOPE NOT, I CAN'T TAKE IT !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, would 0-5 reduce you to lower case?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Best damn "0 & 6" team money can buy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Not a Red Sox fan but I did not understand the Crawford deal until I looked at the declining numbers last year of the Red Sox on NESN.  The team needed to make a splash, throw some wood on the fire and while A-Gon was a great pickup, Carl Crawford had more market recognition, but 7 years at those prices for a non power hitting outfielder....? Dumb.  Is it too early?  No sorry at 1-7 with the warts showing more and more everyday this is an 88-89 win team.  Sorry Red Sox fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

7th game of the season is now a must game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hahahahah - the 6th game of the season is a Must Game.  hahahahaha

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts