11 & 15......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......COMING HOME TO A FREE FALL.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    7th game of the season is now a must game.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    Agreed there jessey. Probably for both teams.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......

I ALREADY SAID THE PITCHING IS OVERRATED AND THE HITTING
    IS OVER RATED ALSO. WE HAVE ONLY ONE REAL 30 HR THREAT.
    PAPI. CHECK THE STATS...NONE OF THE OTHER GUYS ARE REALLY
    BIG BOMBERS. A GON IS A GOOD HITTER BUT HE IS NOT TEXIERA.
    AND THEN THE YANKS COME WITH A ROD, CANO, POSADA, SWISH
    AND GRANDERSON. EVEN THE RANGERS HAVE HAMILTON , CRUZ
    KINSLER AND BELTRE WHO CAN HIT LONG PLUS ANDRUS AND
    MURPHY. BOSTON HITTING IS STATION TO STATION AND GAP
    HITTING. THE SOX CAN MANUFACTURE RALLIES, BUT THEY ARE
    NO MATCH FOR THE 3 RUN BOMBS THAT THE YANKS CAN PRODUCE
    WITH THEIR LINEUP OR EVEN THE RANGERS. WE HAVE SCORED
    ABOUT 8 RUNS IN 2 GAMES AND THE RANGERS HAVE SCORED
    21 OFF OUR PITCHING. IF THAT IS THE BEST OUR OFFENSE CAN
    DO, THEN IT SPELLS TROUBLE IF WE HAVE TO SURPASS THE
    YANKEES. YES...WE CAN PROBABLY BEAT THE ROYALS AND
    INDIANS BUT IT WILL TAKE MORE TO WIN THE DIVISION AGAINST
    THE LOADED YANKEES. AND NOW THEY HAVE SORIANO !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Not too early!  We were 3rd last year in the hottes division in all of sports.  We were 7 games out.  Now were those 7 games all played in Aug/Sept and April/May did NOT count?  Only golf gives a handicap!
    Remind me about tix prices!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Best.

1-7.

Team.

EVAH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

once the SOX start playing on paper they will be fine.
    and bill, continue being an idiot; we are all laughing at you.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Seems to me the Redsox fail to gear up enough during spring training. They lost, what, 9 in a row? They focus too much on health and not on being ready. We'll be O.K. Gove them a couple of weeks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

n Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......: So Texas will win the World Series?
    Sox are pitching to what is probably the best lineup in the game.  They're going to get swept in Texas.  Yankees start their season, for whatever reason, against a pretty bad ball club in the Tigers.  Right out of the chute, the Sox are going to start the season 3 games back.  And the thing is, it's probably the only stretch this season where we'll see a 100% healthy team.  If the end depends upon the beginning in this game, then a reactionary would say "...they're in trouble already.  They've only got 6 hitters in their lineup.  Their pitching stinks."  It is kinda true, though, that the Sox have nothing in the 7-9 slots over the first two games.  But so what?  It's two games into the season and they're going to win a lot of games.  For what it's worth, there's this going on in NY...I'd rather support a team that loses its openers than a team that appears to have bent the rules right out of the gate.  Guess the Yanks need all the legs-up they can get. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/New-York-Yankees-to-stop-hand-signals-after-MLB-inquiry-040211
    Posted by soups

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sox are pitching to what is probably the best lineup in the game.  They're going to get swept in Texas.  Yankees start their season, for whatever reason, against a pretty bad ball club in the Tigers. 

Right out of the chute, the Sox are going to start the season 3 games back.  And the thing is, it's probably the only stretch this season where we'll see a 100% healthy team.  If the end depends upon the beginning in this game, then a reactionary would say "...they're in trouble already.  They've only got 6 hitters in their lineup.  Their pitching stinks."  It is kinda true, though, that the Sox have nothing in the 7-9 slots over the first two games. 

But so what?  It's two games into the season and they're going to win a lot of games.  For what it's worth, there's this going on in NY...I'd rather support a team that loses its openers than a team that appears to have bent the rules right out of the gate.  Guess the Yanks need all the legs-up they can get.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/New-York-Yankees-to-stop-hand-signals-after-MLB-inquiry-040211

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO DAN...YOU MAKE SOME GOOD POINTS, BUT THE YANKEE LINEUP
    IS THE BEST LINEUP IN THE GAME AND I AM NOT A TROLL BUT A
    REALIST. WITH A ROD, CANO AND TEIXEIRA DOWN THE MIDDLE IN
    A BANDBOX RF, AND W. SWISHER AND GRANDERSON ALSO HITTING
    IN THE SHORT RF, YOU CAN COVER BAD PITCHING. YES...AFTER CC
    THE YANKEE STARTING PITCHING IS AVERAGE, BUT ALL THEY HAVE
    TO DO IS HOLD THE OTHER TEAM TO LESS THAN 3 OR 4 RUNS FOR
    6 INNINGS, AND THE YANKEE LINEUP WILL DO THE REST, AND THEN
    YOU HAVE SORIANO AND MARIANO. THE SOX SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE
    ANY FIREPOWER AND THE TEXAS SERIES SHOWS IT AMPLY. THEIR
    PITCHING IS BETTER THAN THE YANKS, BUT THE HITTING IS JUST
    NOT ENOUGH TO COME FROM BEHIND WHEN THE OTHER TEAM
    GETS A LEAD IN THE MID INNINGS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I hate to pile on, but this team isn't going to the playoffs in 2011.  They can pack it in now.

Tired of the Coma casual attitude every year. It worked nicely when Manny and the idiots were here, but Coma needs to learn to adjust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I posted about this two weeks ago before the season even started. I'm not suprised that much at this start. 0-6 a LITTLE, but I was expecting something like 2-4 to be honest. But no matter how much this team says they're "busting their *** to win", they aren't. They seem to have forgotten that you play the game, and the other team isn't going to lay down because the great Red Sox have come to town. If they are busting it, and are STILL this bad, then that says they're not a good team. I don't believe that. The truth probably is they're busting it too much and are pressing. That means they lack confidence for the time being and are unable to relax and play, it happens to sports teams. We need somebody to run into one--even if on accident--with a couple guys on base to reset everything. But I agree that losing this series to the Yankees could well mean they aren't going to the postseason. I said the same thing last year when they were swept by Tampa in April, and people laughed at me. Well? Things like that have meaning, and tend to reflect how the season will go. Unfortunately.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

These pitchers, Becket and Lackey are over paid based on their records. Beckett 2years and Lackey for 1 year haven't shown much. They are not ready to play coming out of Spring Training. They must think the season starts on May 15. Same for Lester's lousy starts. They are not ready to go when the saeson starts and it may be Management's fault. Baseball should shorten the season so the Fans would not be subject to this inferior product and robbed of their money

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

I cannot believe we're a week into the season and already talking about missing the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawAAA. Show softlawAAA's posts

It's not too early to say that this team has spent the first 4 games mailing it in. The embarrassment happening so early may be a blessing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Poor Doris Kearns Goodwin had to get the "jab" on Meet the Press today for her loyalty to the SOX. AL east=every game counts.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts