11 & 15......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......COMING HOME TO A FREE FALL.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 5 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Not sure I'd call it a must win situation yet, Andrew, but for confidence sake, it's surely important to break out of this road slump.  Anderson's breaking ball was unhittable yesterday.  He could have shut down anyone.  Hopefully the lumber returns today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ANOTHER TOUGH LEFT HANDER......  2-1 RED SOX BOTTOM OF 5TH !!  NOT SURE WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 5 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]    ANOTHER TOUGH LEFT HANDER......  2-1 RED SOX BOTTOM OF 5TH !!  NOT SURE WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

We're taking this one Bill.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 6 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

V I C T O R Y !!!!!!   MY GOSH, NERVE RACKING FOR SURE.......  ON TO  L A ........  GO SOX !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 6 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

BECKETT TONIGHT..... SO WHO WILL BE CATCHING ??????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 7 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

GOOD VEGAS #'s..... 7-11.......  GREAT FINISH LAST NIGHT....WOKE UP IN THE 10TH TO SEE THE FINISH !!!!  GO SOX !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: 7 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

It's getting more and more too early as time goes by.

Sounds like a yogism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 8 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

GETTING THERE !!!!!   I HEARD THAT THE "BIG O" IS BACKING OFF ON HIS THREAT TO TAKE OVER THE RED SOX AS HE LOOKS TO THE  L A  DODGERS TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF GREED  !!!!!!   GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!!!  8 & 11  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: 4 & 10......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 4 & 10......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]Hey Bill - for the record...just last year the Sox were starting 5-9 and getting swept at Fenway by the Tampa Bay Rays... It IS too early to worry about these guys not having a successful season right now! Here's hoping Dice-K shows up to pitch to win today and not just throw batting practice.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Yup, started 5-9.

By the mid-way point, we looked so good, the discussion was about who the #2 team was, not who was #1.

8 DLs in about 10 days doomed us.

Not sure why it needs to repeated several times a year, but you're never as good as you look when you're winning, and never as bad as you look when you're losing.  We just need consistently good outings from our SPs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ...Not sure why it needs to repeated several times a year, but you're never as good as you look when you're winning, and never as bad as you look when you're losing.  We just need consistently good outings from our SPs.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Truly wise words... However...

Lester's pitching is now truer than it was earlier in the season. As I said a couple of weeks ago he'll be good for 20-20+ wins.

Becket is pitching like he did in 2007 (and I am not talking just because he is winning...It's the velocity, movement and command that is back).TI have not seen that kind of ball from him since 2007. That would really be dangerous if that kind of pitching keeps showing up, say maybe in 12-15 outings. I may have tor aise my expectation of him to 18 wins.

Buc, I expect him to regress to the mean but the good Buch this year is closer to the real Buch than the Bad Buch. I am sticking with roughly 18 wins for him.

Lackey...I am hopeful, but setting my expectation low at 12 wins.

Dice-K will contribute. It will be ugly each time, but he might match Lackey's production.

Ultimately, the real RS is closer to the current RS, thanthe RS froma  couple of weeks ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 & 10......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : Truly wise words... However... Lester's pitching is now truer than it was earlier in the season. As I said a couple of weeks ago he'll be good for 20-20+ wins. Becket is pitching like he did in 2007 (and I am not talking just because he is winning...It's the velocity, movement and command that is back).TI have not seen that kind of ball from him since 2007. That would really be dangerous if that kind of pitching keeps showing up, say maybe in 12-15 outings. I may have tor aise my expectation of him to 18 wins. Buc, I expect him to regress to the mean but the good Buch this year is closer to the real Buch than the Bad Buch. I am sticking with roughly 18 wins for him. Lackey...I am hopeful, but setting my expectation low at 12 wins. Dice-K will contribute. It will be ugly each time, but he might match Lackey's production. Ultimately, the real RS is closer to the current RS, thanthe RS froma  couple of weeks ago.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Always nice to see sensible fans.  Way too many posters looked at one or two bad starts and thought the SPs career was over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]   ANOTHER LEFT HANDER TODAY.........  IT WILL SPOIL MY DINNER IF WE ARE  5 & 12 BY 6:30pm.......  WHAT SAY YOU ????

BILL...SO GLAD YOUR DINNER WASN'T SPOILED!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I say the really have to win this game.  Anyone who makes a mental error should be fined the maximum amount and benched for a week......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Does the same apply to posters who continue to be wrong?  Attitudinally as well as factually? 

I now we can't charge you a fine.  But how about the maximum "vacation" from posting?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]    ANOTHER TOUGH LEFT HANDER......  2-1 RED SOX BOTTOM OF 5TH !!  NOT SURE WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES !!!!

Bill,

Herein lies the bedevilment of your (Red Sox) soul!  Man, ya gotta believe!  Without believing, no bungy jumping.  Without believeing, no snorkling - or better - SCUBA!  Without believing, never being able to swim to Martha's Vineyard!  (OK, OK, you got me there ... I take the ferry!) 

Honest, Bill,  you're a solid enough fella.  Just let go and let the wind take you!  We're gonna fly!!!!!

Happy Easter, BTW! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : Bill,   Herein lies the bedevilment of your (Red Sox) soul!  Man, ya gotta believe!  Without believing, no bungy jumping.  Without believeing, no snorkling - or better - SCUBA!  Without believing, never being able to swim to Martha's Vineyard!  (OK, OK, you got me there ... I take the ferry!)    Honest, Bill,  you're a solid enough fella.  Just let go and let the wind take you!  We're gonna fly!!!!!    Happy Easter, BTW! 
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]  FLY.......YAZMAN, AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, YA GOT TO LAY OFF THE DRUGS"  !!!!    HOWEVER, AT 9 & 11 I FEEL A HE*L OF A LOT BETTER TODAY, THAN 10 DAYS AGO !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

ON THE ROAD BACK......  4 IN A ROW OFF OF L A......  ON TO BALTIMORE !!  GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOOOOOO !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

WILL BE  11-11  BY 11:00pm TUESDAY NIGHT !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 11......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......NOW ON THE ROAD TO 500....

ALMOST THERE !!!  PLEASE, NO MORE TALK OF REGIME CHANGE !!!    GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 12......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......NOW ON THE ROAD TO 500....

500 ???   NOT TONIGHT...... AS DAD WOULD SAY.....  "SON, CAN'T HIT LEFT HANDERS" !!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 12......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......NOW ON THE ROAD TO 500....

6 HITS,7K's,3BB's........  CAN'T BEAT A LEFT HANDER WITH THOSE #'s...... PLEASE GO WITH THE PITCH AND KEEP THE LINE MOVING !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 10 & 13......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......NOW ON THE ROAD AWAY FROM 500....

WOW !!!!   ANOTHER LACK-LUSTER START AND A TOUGH FINISH !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY.............. "SON, HOW THE HE*L DO YOU LOSE 2 IN A ROW TO BALTIMORE" ???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: 10 & 13......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......NOW ON THE ROAD AWAY FROM 500....:
    [QUOTE]   AS DAD WOULD SAY.............. "SON, HOW THE HE*L DO YOU LOSE 2 IN A ROW TO BALTIMORE" ???

It's because Captain Kirk is no longer at the helm for the O's, and because we have have Captain Peachfuzz at ours!

Sections
Shortcuts