11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: 11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

If Ortiz does not start hitting soon, a move should be made.  I would rather see JBJ up here over a silent Ortiz. 

There seems to be a connection with Ortiz's return and the sox losing ways.  Not sure what it is, could be his star status, even down in Pawtucket, he never ran out with the rest of the team when introduced.

I hope we don't have to go thru another 20 at bats with just one single.  If this happens, put Ortiz on the dl or send him back to triple A..

what a idiotic post

better check on who else is not hitting lately rather than single someone out.

Ellsbury hitting lately? Napoli? Middlebrooks only hits vs the Jays..

but u single out Ortiz. again.

Then again it is all about bashing Ortiz for a bozo like you.

Here, here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: 11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

If Ortiz does not start hitting soon, a move should be made.  I would rather see JBJ up here over a silent Ortiz. 

There seems to be a connection with Ortiz's return and the sox losing ways.  Not sure what it is, could be his star status, even down in Pawtucket, he never ran out with the rest of the team when introduced.

I hope we don't have to go thru another 20 at bats with just one single.  If this happens, put Ortiz on the dl or send him back to triple A..

Now it his could be your silliest post ever. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Prior to today they 3 for 28 with RISP. That was not the case in April. So are they the April team or the team now?

They are in the top 3 of Ave, OBP and Slg. So it seems that this past stretch of games are an anomaly or what the rest of the season will be.

IMO they are more like April than now. WHY

because in the pst two weeks one basehit at the right time in each would have changed the score of 4 of the games to Ws.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ortiz was never the reason why Bradley went back to the minors.  Farrell and the FO think Nava/Gomes are a better bet--actually, to be accurate, Nava--in LF.  This team does not lack for speed right now.  What they lack are hitting and pitching.  If this keeps up, then Bradley and Iglesias are likely to get another shot provided they are doing the job at Pawtucket. 

I do agree Farrell should have done something when Middlebrooks led off with a double in the 9th last night.  Absolutely should have moved Middlebrooks to 3d with a bunt or whatever.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I do agree Farrell should have done something when Middlebrooks led off with a double in the 9th last night.  Absolutely should have moved Middlebrooks to 3d with a bunt or whatever.   

Agree..but when is last time you saw a Red Sox batter lay down a successful bunt? I don't get to watch every game, but the bunt attempts I've seen from them are awful..I've decided it is not something they even practice doing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Attempting a bunt is not a guarantee that it will work. What you are basically doing is giving up an out in the hope that the next guy will hit a sac fly. In this case , all Drew had to do was hit the ball to the right side to move the runner to third. He might have even gotten a base hit doing it. There was nothing wrong with the strategy.  The problem is that the Sox are not getting it done with scoring chances. Finally , even if Drew had executed a good sac bunt ( not a certainty )  , they would not have scored. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This post was SO PREDICTABLE.  The only question was who would post it. 

Did you really think Papi was going to end the season with an OPS of 1.5000+?? 

If not, exactly HOW did you think he was going to get his OPS down to a more realistic number??

Baseball is a game of ebbs and flows, both team-wise and individually. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to S5's comment:

If not, exactly HOW did you think he was going to get his OPS down to a more realistic number??

When you dislike someone as much as this poster dislikes Ortiz, realistic expectations go out the window.

You nailed it.

He's nothing if not predictable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

bill for baseball fans and those who have played the game it is called just plain chocking

your simple world is so black and white.

Timely hitting is the key. Drew, middy and everyone has has them before. Problem is in baseball you fail more than you succeed. Thats not choking, or as you say "chocking". Thats just baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

what a idiotic post

better check on who else is not hitting lately rather than single someone out.

Ellsbury hitting lately? Napoli? Middlebrooks only hits vs the Jays..

but u single out Ortiz. again.

Then again it is all about bashing Ortiz for a bozo like you.

Sorry Mr. CONAN, but Jackbu is 100% spot on........  Now that Papi has come back to earth, it is painful to watch him against the "shift"........  Unless he drives the ball to the gaps or leftfield, he becomes painful to watch on the bases........

Thanks Bill.  So in Conan's eyes if the rest of the team is not hitting, then Ortiz gets a pass. Funny thing is they were all hitting before he got upset over the steroid question.  These other players are fielding and don't joke around in front of the camera when they are slumping.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

When you dislike someone as much as this poster dislikes Ortiz, realistic expectations go out the window.

You nailed it.

I guess the Fourb's is fine with Ortiz's slump.  I bet the fourb's is willing to give Ortiz another 20 at bats with one single.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

You nailed it.

I guess the Fourb's is fine with Ortiz's slump.  I bet the fourb's is willing to give Ortiz another 20 at bats with one single.

Clueless, as usual...

Sections
Shortcuts