11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

There are obvious problems with this offense........  We have gone back to the TITO days of keeping "the line moving"(yes,coinsides with PAPI's return), instead of what worked well over the 1st 15 games or so with defense & speed.........  Add in the injuries to our pitchers and you can see that BEN needs to, as Larry LUCCIANO's would say, "do something BOLD" !!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

T-Baller on the ledge.....and another spam thread from him.

Well, I see that the "wacko one" is up early this morning......  Did Mom wake you ????

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: 11 batters come up with men on base, nothing to show for it . As CONSTRUCTED.........

What's wrong is guys aren't hitting with RISP.  It's happened to plenty of Red Sox teams over the years.  It's a slump.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I would rather see speed & defense than watch 11 on base opportunites go by the board !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I fail to see what defense has to do with it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I fail to see what defense has to do with it.

Not to sound to general.......  In the early games we did a great job of not giving extra outs, we covered a lot of ground with Iggy & Bradley and the team did not make an error in the 1st 13 games......... Yes, I do know that Iggy & Bradley will not be walking thru the door anytime soon........   When a team is having trouble scoreing runs, than pitching, defense & speed must carry the day ......  Just my opinion !!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

If Ortiz does not start hitting soon, a move should be made.  I would rather see JBJ up here over a silent Ortiz. 

There seems to be a connection with Ortiz's return and the sox losing ways.  Not sure what it is, could be his star status, even down in Pawtucket, he never ran out with the rest of the team when introduced.

I hope we don't have to go thru another 20 at bats with just one single.  If this happens, put Ortiz on the dl or send him back to triple A..

what a idiotic post

better check on who else is not hitting lately rather than single someone out.

Ellsbury hitting lately? Napoli? Middlebrooks only hits vs the Jays..

but u single out Ortiz. again.

Then again it is all about bashing Ortiz for a bozo like you.

Sorry Mr. CONAN, but Jackbu is 100% spot on........  Now that Papi has come back to earth, it is painful to watch him against the "shift"........  Unless he drives the ball to the gaps or leftfield, he becomes painful to watch on the bases........

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bill, Papi is just going thru a slump but I do cringe everytime I see him on the basepath - I expect him to blow out that achilles anytime now :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Bill, Papi is just going thru a slump but I do cringe everytime I see him on the basepath - I expect him to blow out that achilles anytime now :(

Gerome......  You can't say that........  Most people on this board have trouble dealing with the "here & now", and still think that the 37-42 yearold can perform like circa 04-07  !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Gerome......  You can't say that........  Most people on this board have trouble dealing with the "here & now", and still think that the 37-42 yearold can perform like circa 04-07  !!!

His OPS is .984 which ranks as #7 in the league.  With 17 RBIs in 19 games.

Question-If he goes through the entire year with a .984, would that be good enough for you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And by the way bill, I think it is pretty weak of you to disappear when we are winning, and then starting threads when we are losing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Question-If he goes through the entire year with a .984, would that be good enough for you?

Joe,  It's the last 1 for 20 that concerns me......  And yes at a time where the team has lost 6 out of 9   !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would rather see speed & defense than watch 11 on base opportunites go by the board !!

Igelias and Bradley would only make this team worse right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

RedSox have typically had this problem because there usualluy a high OBP team. When you go into a little slump it exagerates it...No big deal. people who understand the game know this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Ortiz does not start hitting soon, a move should be made.  I would rather see JBJ up here over a silent Ortiz. 

There seems to be a connection with Ortiz's return and the sox losing ways.  Not sure what it is, could be his star status, even down in Pawtucket, he never ran out with the rest of the team when introduced.

I hope we don't have to go thru another 20 at bats with just one single.  If this happens, put Ortiz on the dl or send him back to triple A..

Papi goes into a 4 game slump and you want him replaced. sorry JB, but this post is very transparent to your bias against papi.

Ells, Middy and a couple others arent hitting that well either...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Joe,  It's the last 1 for 20 that concerns me......  And yes at a time where the team has lost 6 out of 9   !!!

Miggy Cabrera had a 0-19 streak last year.

And a 2-22 streak.

And a 1-16 streak.

And an 0-14 streak.

Maybe the Tigers should have cut after one of these streaks, instead of stubbornly allowing him to win the Triple Crown.

The root cause of the problem here is that you really know very little about BB.

So you don't have the foggiest idea of how often a player might go 0-4.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

what a idiotic post

better check on who else is not hitting lately rather than single someone out.

Ellsbury hitting lately? Napoli? Middlebrooks only hits vs the Jays..

but u single out Ortiz. again.

Then again it is all about bashing Ortiz for a bozo like you.

Sorry Mr. CONAN, but Jackbu is 100% spot on........  Now that Papi has come back to earth, it is painful to watch him against the "shift"........  Unless he drives the ball to the gaps or leftfield, he becomes painful to watch on the bases........

David Ortiz production for 2013: .333/.984

Maybe you expected him to hit .500 for the whole season. Like most players, he is streaky. He will hit .500 some of the time and .200 some of the time. Best advice: look at his whole season to date. He is not the problem on this team.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

There are obvious problems with this offense........  We have gone back to the TITO days of keeping "the line moving"(yes,coinsides with PAPI's return), instead of what worked well over the 1st 15 games or so with defense & speed.........  Add in the injuries to our pitchers and you can see that BEN needs to, as Larry LUCCIANO's would say, "do something BOLD" !!!!!!!

No doubt the Sox look like dung warmed over. They would have tied the game in the ninth last night if they played small ball. They definitely need to try something different.

Sections
Shortcuts