11 Out of 15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

11 Out of 15

11 out of 15 AL teams are winning over half their games or within 2 games of playing .500.

(NL: 8 of 15)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: 11 Out of 15

In response to moonslav59's comment:

11 out of 15 AL teams are winning over half their games or within 2 games of playing .500.

And you thought they should take a couple of seasons off and focus on "2015 and beyond."  The Front Office knew they had two top of the rotation starters and a solid nucleus to be able to compete in this new world of "parity."  Glad to see you are coming around, Moon.  This team has the talent to compete over the long haul and the top of the rotation starters to compete in the playoffs, now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And you thought they should take a couple of seasons off and focus on "2015 and beyond." 

No, at the time I think my team would have been the same or better than this one in 2013, but the players we obtained would have been here for 2015 and/or beyond..

The Front Office knew they had two top of the rotation starters and a solid nucleus to be able to compete in this new world of "parity."  Glad to see you are coming around, Moon.  This team has the talent to compete over the long haul and the top of the rotation starters to compete in the playoffs, now...

We still are a top of rotation starter or solid clean-up hitter away from seri9ously competing for a ring. I do think we have a better shot at making the playoffs than I did on day one, and I have always said Benh deserves a chance to prove his plan right... so far- so good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

And you thought they should take a couple of seasons off and focus on "2015 and beyond." 

No, at the time I think my team would have been the same or better than this one in 2013, but the players we obtained would have been here for 2015 and/or beyond..

moon, this is why you should have posted 'your team' at the start of the season.  Because I don't really know what you mean when you say 'my team'.  I know that a couple of the pitchers you wanted, Brett Anderson and McCarthy, haven't been so good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

The Front Office knew they had two top of the rotation starters and a solid nucleus to be able to compete in this new world of "parity."  Glad to see you are coming around, Moon.  This team has the talent to compete over the long haul and the top of the rotation starters to compete in the playoffs, now...

We still are a top of rotation starter or solid clean-up hitter away from seri9ously competing for a ring. I do think we have a better shot at making the playoffs than I did on day one, and I have always said Benh deserves a chance to prove his plan right... so far- so good.

I think the team would be better with an ace instead of Doubrant but if the rotation stays status quo they have a good enough rotation. I don't think they need a clean up hitter, they just need one more righty power bat. The problem with the team is hitting with RISP, which could be very hard to fix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

moon, this is why you should have posted 'your team' at the start of the season.  Because I don't really know what you mean when you say 'my team'.  I know that a couple of the pitchers you wanted, Brett Anderson and McCarthy, haven't been so good.

I did post "my team". I'll try and find it. I also posted my 2nd choice team (the one with A Sanchez).

I think my first team had B Anderson, B McCarthy, A Pagan, and J Upton. I didn't think it was worth spending on A Sanchez. I had Iggy at SS, and JBJ in CF. I had Ross at C with Lava. (Salty traded in OAK as part of the Anderson deal) Ellsbury, Aceves, Doubront, and a couple prosects were traded .

When I saw how much we spent on Papi, Dempster, SV, and Drew, I said I'd rather have A Sanchez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

tough road for a wild card thats for sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

...............and with two wild card spots available, I doubt many teams would become "sellers" during the trading deadline.  

Anyway, this is very good for baseball.  I hated it when (up to 1993) only the first place teams from each division (East and West division) met in the playoffs.  

The 1993 SF Giants team won 103 games but did not make the playoffs because the Braves won the division by winning 104 games.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think the team would be better with an ace instead of Doubrant but if the rotation stays status quo they have a good enough rotation. I don't think they need a clean up hitter, they just need one more righty power bat. The problem with the team is hitting with RISP, which could be very hard to fix.

They were getting key hits in April.

Now, when they hit the ball hard, it usually right at someone.

Another difference is that Napoli has cooled off considerably.

If Middlrebrooks keeps inproving on his slow start, he can be that righty bat they need.

It'd be nice to see Ellbury get on base more often too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You dont necessarily have to have another power bat, just timely hitting (although it would be nice.) SF has won the WS with 103HR in a year. Its all about solid pitching and timely hitting, not so much the power.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wow...interesting stat moon.  i guess that just means the amount of "sellers" at the trading deadline will be very limited.....

just realized ice-cream posted same thought...so....i agree!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

...............and with two wild card spots available, I doubt many teams would become "sellers" during the trading deadline.  

I doubt there will be 11 AL teams in the race by the end of July. Plus, at times, you have teams who sell even when still in it.

Anyway, this is very good for baseball.  I hated it when (up to 1993) only the first place teams from each division (East and West division) met in the playoffs.  

The 1993 SF Giants team won 103 games but did not make the playoffs because the Braves won the division by winning 104 games.  

I rememeber when the Sox lost out to Detroit by a half a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I doubt there will be 11 AL teams in the race by the end of July. Plus, at times, you have teams who sell even when still in it.

Did someone not play 162 games that year?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Yes, it was the strike year, and baseball stupidly just continued the schedule without balancing it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Yes, it was the strike year, and baseball stupidly just continued the schedule without balancing it.

Got it...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

3 out of every 4 dentists recommend Trident, for those who choose to chew gum.

Also, make sure you do the dishes, to reduce your grandmother's work load. Don't overwork the golden goose.

3 out of  4 posters recommend that ms softy take a long, long hiatus from the board.

More like 99 out of a 100.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

3 out of every 4 dentists recommend Trident, for those who choose to chew gum.

Also, make sure you do the dishes, to reduce your grandmother's work load. Don't overwork the golden goose.

3 out of  4 posters recommend that ms softy take a long, long hiatus from the board.

More like 99 out of a 100.

i was being nice.Laughing

So was I!

Tongue Out

Sections
Shortcuts