12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: 12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

Hahaha.  Um, first off, Softy, you know my view on Bradley has evolved over the course of ST.  You call that being politically sneaky or something.  But, to me, thats baseball.  Unlike your polarized dialectic, I don't have any issue changing my stances based on performance.  I still would like the Sox to have an extra arbitration year on Bradley.  Maybe more so now with his emergence.  But, if he excels from the get-go, I am not of the mind-set that 20 games is easy to swallow, as an excelling JBJ may just be the difference maker for this club.

You can keep needling me about a position I no longer hold.  Or, you can keep calling me wishy-washy because I no longer hold that position.

But it makes no difference to me.  I am beside myself with happiness that Jackie has made me eschew the conservative stance I held on him in February.  And, I have never been the idiotic type to cling to my rigid stances despite evidence that runs contrary ... know anyone like that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: 12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

When I start saving other posters arguments to my back up drive with the intent of proving myself correct down the road, will someone please remind me I am a loser and that I really need to get a life?

Thank you in advance.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

you know my view on Bradley has evolved

Case closed, with the word "my view has evolved". Are you running for office?

Again, you call it political weaseling because you have never met a stance you wouldn't stick to no matter what.  But thats you.  Me, I am a baseball fan first and i don't care whether my position on an unproven prospect was right or wrong at the beginning of March.  I am far more happy to say "man, Bradley has blown my conservative thinking to pieces" than to say "I told ya so, he belongs in AAA".  I don't care to be right in this situation.  Its not politics.  Its baseball. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Again, you call it political weaseling because you have never met a stance you wouldn't stick to no matter what.  But thats you.  Me, I am a baseball fan first and i don't care whether my position on an unproven prospect was right or wrong at the beginning of March.  I am far more happy to say "man, Bradley has blown my conservative thinking to pieces" than to say "I told ya so, he belongs in AAA".  I don't care to be right in this situation.  Its not politics.  Its baseball. 

yo space! how bout those red sox? Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

like i said hammah, this ain't no fifth-place cellar dweller.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So you're saying you don't validate you ego and determine your self worth based on how "right" you can be on an internet sports discussion forum? 

What up Spaceman? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! it is said that great minds do think alike. you know what they say about first impressions space brosky! man, johnny gomes totally did it for me when he scored and came up pumpin his fist. yesterday I/we saw a team that played good hard agressive baseball and got the W for their efforts. All I can see from John Lester is to get better and better as the season progresses. JBJ came completely as advertised. who said victorino couldn't hit. they hussled and it all paid off. I hope that Buch can get warm enough tomorrow nite down in da bronx cause it's gonna be a little chilly. The only major piece still missing is David. Once he is cleared and declared healthy, lordy have mercy is all I can say. Let us all  totally put to bed once and for all last years disaster.

GO SOX!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

ha! it is said that great minds do think alike. you know what they say about first impressions space brosky! man, johnny gomes totally did it for me when he scored and came up pumpin his fist. yesterday I/we saw a team that played good hard agressive baseball and got the W for their efforts. All I can see from John Lester is to get better and better as the season progresses. JBJ came completely as advertised. who said victorino couldn't hit. they hussled and it all paid off. I hope that Buch can get warm enough tomorrow nite down in da bronx cause it's gonna be a little chilly. The only major piece still missing is David. Once he is cleared and declared healthy, lordy have mercy is all I can say. Let us all  totally put to bed once and for all last years disaster.

GO SOX!

great post Hammah. i agree, people just looked at our 2012 season and wrote us off. we are sneaky good and vastly underrated

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Your "view" changed too softy. You said you were surprised he was ready now, and had earlier advocated a late season call-up. JBJ's ST changed your view and some others (not mine), so stop playing high and mighty.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

GO SOX!

Despite my certainty that Lester was going to have a big comeback year, i was ready to give him my usual mulligan for April.  Looks like it might not be necessary.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lester was not impressive, against that weak Yankee lineup. He got the job done, though, but I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Yes, that is also how I would describe my current feeling on Lester.  He wasn't solid, but made pitches when he had to, which usually takes him a month or so to start doing, even in good years.  So, that was a better starting place.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It is a better starting place. I'm glad Tex, Granderson and Jeter weren't there this time, as that starting place wouldn't have looked good, at all. He'll need to get in a better "warmed up place" in a few more weeks.

Agreed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Space, I like how we agree and disagree without getting petty or destructive. I can't wait until Game 2 and my post game remarks! As I do with Ellsbury, regardless of how much the fans love a player, I always look at every aspect before making my probability projections and rendering my opinion on all things Red Sox. I want what's best for the Red Sox, even if the Borad doesn't thinks so. I agree with Bobby Knight, I'm not here to be liked or agreeable.

Bobby Knight??  Bobby Knight?????  I know Bobby Knight.  Counselor, you are no Bobby Knight.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

No, but my success comes from the same military approach to leadership.

What success?

Sections
Shortcuts