12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: 12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Complete difference in believing that Ellsbury should be traded, R. Johnson signed for 2M and 1 year as a place holder, J. Upton acquired and extended to age 33, and alllowing Bradley one more year if needed;    and seeing what he was doing in spring training with what Cherry had done on the roster and saying Bradley has earned the spot (and hving to listen to you and most others whining about the "spring training stats don't mean anything and it won't matter and he needs to go down to get 1 more year of control becuase 12 days and 9 games won't matter)

Folks, I'm starting a new thread to give you bean counters a chance to show that you "have evolved".  It's the thread about sending Bradley, Jr. down and putting Gomes in LF when Ortiz comes off the DL. Let me know how you are evolving on gay marriage, too.

Thanks,

Your fellow Red Sox friend and fan,

Softlaw

I haven't "evolved" or changed like you have. 

JBJ should spend just enough time in AAA to get the extra year in a Sox uniform.

Mark me down and talk to me in 7 years.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: 12 days and 9 games without that guy won't matter, I know who you are and have your posts in my backup drive

In response to moonslav59's comment:

JBJ should spend just enough time in AAA to get the extra year in a Sox uniform.

Mark me down and talk to me in 7 years.

Despite the game that JBJ had, I tend to agree with you.  I know it's hard to look that far down the road, but if Bradley is going to be the player that most people think he is, the Sox will really want that extra year of control in 2019. 

Sure, he can be sent down later, but if he's playing well, or if there's another injury, it will be harder to send him down later than it would have been to do now.  And that will be for 20 days, versus 12.  Nine games now with Nava (or whoever) versus Bradley is not going to make or break the season.

All that said, while I disagree with the FO's decision, I can understand why they decided to keep him up.  They are better equipped to make the decision than any of us are, and I'm sure they have discussed the decision from every angle possible.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Complete difference in believing that Ellsbury should be traded, R. Johnson signed for 2M and 1 year as a place holder, J. Upton acquired and extended to age 33, and alllowing Bradley one more year if needed;    and seeing what he was doing in spring training with what Cherry had done on the roster and saying Bradley has earned the spot (and hving to listen to you and most others whining about the "spring training stats don't mean anything and it won't matter and he needs to go down to get 1 more year of control becuase 12 days and 9 games won't matter)

Folks, I'm starting a new thread to give you bean counters a chance to show that you "have evolved".  It's the thread about sending Bradley, Jr. down and putting Gomes in LF when Ortiz comes off the DL. Let me know how you are evolving on gay marriage, too.

Thanks,

Your fellow Red Sox friend and fan,

Softlaw

Perhaps you should stay on track and leave Gay Marriage and Pres. Obama for another site.

You are continuing to show your true colors--your MO is becoming easy to read.

SOFTY'S MO--homophobic racist.

you forgot misogynist

space can't comment--I have never met Softy law--don't know--no comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No, but my success comes from the same military approach to leadership.

Oh, so that thing you do where you get obsessed with a thought, repeat things over and over again and have hysterical fits is a "military approach to leadership".

Who knew?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Oh yeah, Softy??

Well, I've got yours and everyone elses's name who doesn't want to send him down for 20 days this year saved on a CD that's stored in my safety deposit box at the bank.  In six years when you're sitting around wringing your hands and wondering who's going to be our CF next year I'm going to be there to say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

<Smirk>

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Oh yeah, Softy??

Well, I've got yours and everyone elses's name who doesn't want to send him down for 20 days this year saved on a CD that's stored in my safety deposit box at the bank.  In six years when you're sitting around wringing your hands and wondering who's going to be our CF next year I'm going to be there to say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

<Smirk>

You can provide the link to a past softy post- right there in black and white- and he will still deny he wrote it, or he'll change his name, pretend he's not softy fro a while, then come back and pretend nothing happened.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Getting back to seball talk..... We all should agree that JBJ and Inglesias are on theteam because both Drew and rtiz were hurt. That we all know.

Having both in the minors for the time reuired for an extra year can be a good thing for the teamEspecially if you look at the money saved and what it possibly wod you allow you to do.

In 7 years you could have at a minimum JBJ, Inglesias, Bogerts, Brentz, Barnes and Swihart that is a ton of money that the team cold use for other needs

Now we all know about the winning now mentality and how many think that is all there is.

Sending these two guys at some point maybe well worth itfor both the player and teams. The team as stted above and the player may get a little rest by being sent down because we can not forget this will be the first 162 game season for both of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Getting back to seball talk..... We all should agree that JBJ and Inglesias are on theteam because both Drew and rtiz were hurt. That we all know.

Having both in the minors for the time reuired for an extra year can be a good thing for the teamEspecially if you look at the money saved and what it possibly wod you allow you to do.

In 7 years you could have at a minimum JBJ, Inglesias, Bogerts, Brentz, Barnes and Swihart that is a ton of money that the team cold use for other needs

Now we all know about the winning now mentality and how many think that is all there is.

Sending these two guys at some point maybe well worth itfor both the player and teams. The team as stted above and the player may get a little rest by being sent down because we can not forget this will be the first 162 game season for both of them.

Well said. I'm not sure about the rules for International FA signings, as Iggy was, but I'm not sure the control years works the same for him as JBJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Oh yeah, Softy??

<Smirk>

Good point...all the posters who just say "Eff the future, just win now!" might actually mean it, but 6 years from now will someday be "now" and those posters might find themselves wondering why their team didn't have a better plan.

Anyway, I stand by what I said regarding the merits of keeping Bradley on/off the roster, and even if he plays like Mike Trout (and perhaps especially if he does) you'll never convince me that 9 games now is more important than an entire season later. That's done, though, and I'm glad to see him on the team and already contributing.

(I'm also on the record as saying that simply keeping him in Pawtucket for 9 games now would be much easier than sending him down for 20 games at some later date, but it is what it is now. Maybe he goes into a slump at some point this season and sending him down for a few weeks turns out to be no big deal - or maybe he plays so well we couldn't even think of demoting him. I'd rather it be the latter at this point.) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Good point...all the posters who just say "Eff the future, just win now!" now might actually mean it, but 6 years from now will someday be "now" and those posters might find themselves wondering why their team didn't have a better plan.

I've posted here several times in months back that IMO the reason the Sox went 86 years being always the bridesmaid and never the bride was because they didn't have a PLAN.  It was a "win now" mentality.  Since 2003 they've caught lightning in a bottle (call it Manny) a couple of times but that's not a reason to not have a PLAN.

Right now they have an opportunity to make a plan.  They have several good young players who can very easily form a nucleus of a team that would carry them for several consecutive years and at a cost that would allow the FO to make intelligent FA decisions.  Do it.  Find a "soft" part of the schedule and send JBJ down for exactly as long as is necessary for him to have the 20 days (is it days or games?) necessary to keep his clock from starting. 

Thus far JBJ has looked like he has what it takes to stick with the team but let's not mortgage the future because we got all wrapped up in a year that most of us think is a bridge year anyway.  Twenty days/games isn't going to make or break this kid and even if it costs the Sox the 2nd WC spot that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of building for the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Good point...all the posters who just say "Eff the future, just win now!" now might actually mean it, but 6 years from now will someday be "now" and those posters might find themselves wondering why their team didn't have a better plan.

I've posted here several times in months back that IMO the reason the Sox went 86 years being always the bridesmaid and never the bride was because they didn't have a PLAN.  It was a "win now" mentality.  Since 2003 they've caught lightning in a bottle (call it Manny) a couple of times but that's not a reason to not have a PLAN.

Right now they have an opportunity to make a plan.  They have several good young players who can very easily form a nucleus of a team that would carry them for several consecutive years and at a cost that would allow the FO to make intelligent FA decisions.  Do it.  Find a "soft" part of the schedule and send JBJ down for exactly as long as is necessary for him to have the 20 days (is it days or games?) necessary to keep his clock from starting. 

Thus far JBJ has looked like he has what it takes to stick with the team but let's not mortgage the future because we got all wrapped up in a year that most of us think is a bridge year anyway.  Twenty days/games isn't going to make or break this kid and even if it costs the Sox the 2nd WC spot that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of building for the future.

That sounds like a nice plan, but I for one think that despite predictions, this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year, but if they do, in this Division, it will be a close, so every game matters, and I am niot sure this team is not good enough that "any" part of the schedule would be soft enough to send down an everyday starter....and expect to be assured to win what they would have without that player..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Have lost track of which side posters take in this debate.  Just sounds like a pissing contest to me for bragging rights to post "I told you so" later.   Getting tiresome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guru_Meditation. Show Guru_Meditation's posts

Watch out......he has you post in his backup drive.