12 year old fan convinces Sox to make an anti-bullying video

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: 12 year old fan convinces Sox to make an anti-bullying video

Race is a physical identifiable characterstic. Sexual conduct orientation is not. Kids who have been bullied have had various problems with depression and have commited suicide for many reasons. To isolate cases to target just bullying against sexual conduct orientation related suicides is an intellectually dishonest and shallow attempt to advance the Leftist agenda on the issue of sexual conduct orientation. Any bullying video should make it clear that bullying/hazing against any human being is wrong and can lead to psychological scars and even suicidal depression. "Geeks" "Psycho" "Pansies" "Wimps" "Rednecks" etc are all bullying words that attempt to riducule and intimidate people.

It's very sad to see the desperate attempts to legitimize sexual orientation conduct by piggybacking the issue onto children, race and any other sympathy evoking method to try and engender "tolerance" approval for a class of people based upon a behavioral characterstic, not an identity characteristc. This is digging down low to try and shuttle in the Trojan Horse to gain a policy change that is not motivated in the least bit by a sincere concern about victims of human suffering from bullying. The sincere concern is about a special interest group that is built strictly upon characterstics that have nothing to do with race or gender.

The group pushing this has every right to push it, but to play the card of "hater" from those who denounce it is a reflection of how misguided and distubed this particular interest group is. 

A better way would be to push for a video that denounces all bullying, with examples of many common words of riducule that are used to embarrass and bully human beings. All people should be treated with respect. But this isn't about the issue of bullying. It's about the agenda of changing policy to provide protections and policies for a class of people who share a common private sexual orientation conduct characteristic.

The sad part is that my generation pays very close attention to laws and policies involving conduct that involves physical pleasures, to the point of trying to redefine marriage to accomodate them. It pays very little attention to a class of people that suffer from mental illness, which is most profound. If as much energy that goes into homosexual conduct causes went into helping those with mental illness, two serious human problems would be vastly improved. 

1. A strong moral code that encourages 2, 3 and 4
    2. A respect for private property
    3. Personal Responsiblity and Accountability
    4. Fiscal Responsiblity and Accountability

Nothing about America is reflected any longer in those 4 values, above. As long as America contiues to elect deparaved minds with poor values, it will continue along it's current path to financial ruin and amorality. Utopia is the vision of old Marxists, to be free men, central government must be reduced and restrained by it's People.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelheadfisherman. Show steelheadfisherman's posts

Good for the kid to do this. He's 100% in the right.

I have much hope for the country due to it's youth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 12 year old fan convinces Sox to make an anti-bullying video:
    [QUOTE]Race is a physical identifiable characterstic. Sexual conduct orientation is not. Kids who have been bullied have had various problems with depression and have commited suicide for many reasons. To isolate cases to target just bullying against sexual conduct orientation related suicides is an intellectually dishonest and shallow attempt to advance the Leftist agenda on the issue of sexual conduct orientation. Any bullying video should make it clear that bullying/hazing against any human being is wrong and can lead to psychological scars and even suicidal depression. "Geeks" "Psycho" "Pansies" "Wimps" "Rednecks" etc are all bullying words that attempt to riducule and intimidate people. It's very sad to see the desperate attempts to legitimize sexual orientation conduct by piggybacking the issue onto children, race and any other sympathy evoking method to try and engender "tolerance" approval for a class of people based upon a behavioral characterstic, not an identity characteristc. This is digging down low to try and shuttle in the Trojan Horse to gain a policy change that is not motivated in the least bit by a sincere concern about victims of human suffering from bullying. The sincere concern is about a special interest group that is built strictly upon characterstics that have nothing to do with race or gender. The group pushing this has every right to push it, but to play the card of "hater" from those who denounce it is a reflection of how misguided and distubed this particular interest group is.  A better way would be to push for a video that denounces all bullying, with examples of many common words of riducule that are used to embarrass and bully human beings. All people should be treated with respect. But this isn't about the issue of bullying. It's about the agenda of changing policy to provide protections and policies for a class of people who share a common private sexual orientation conduct characteristic.   The sad part is that my generation pays very close attention to laws and policies involving conduct that involves physical pleasures, to the point of trying to redefine marriage to accomodate them. It pays very little attention to a class of people that suffer from mental illness, which is most profound. If as much energy that goes into homosexual conduct causes went into helping those with mental illness, two serious human problems would be vastly improved.  1. A strong moral code that encourages 2, 3 and 4 2. A respect for private property 3. Personal Responsiblity and Accountability 4. Fiscal Responsiblity and Accountability Nothing about America is reflected any longer in those 4 values, above. As long as America contiues to elect deparaved minds with poor values, it will continue along it's current path to financial ruin and amorality. Utopia is the vision of old Marxists, to be free men, central government must be reduced and restrained by it's People. 3.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

OK.  Fair enough.  A total disconnect of paradigm.  What you see as a desparate covert act to legitimize something amoral, i see as basic human rights.  Freedom from persecution is a basic tenet of our great country.  I have many gay friends, all of whom are of the highest moral order and solid people: that is why they are my friends.  I stand with them in a fight for the right to marry.  for the right to not live in hiding, and to be free from the danger of harm because of their orientation.  To me, this fight is an inherently american fight, based in the rich values you cherish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The kid isn't "doing this". Adults are behind this. The agenda is wrong.

I don't have much hope for this country, due to the leadership of our youth. Better leaders is the only hope for this country.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 12 year old fan convinces Sox to make an anti-bullying video:
    [QUOTE]The kid isn't "doing this". Adults are behind this. The agenda is wrong. I don't have much hope for this country, due to the leadership of our youth. Better leaders is the only hope for this country.

I also wish for better leaders.  But I am doubtful it will happen.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

To me, this fight is an inherently american fight, based in the rich values you cherish.

To me, this inherently a fight for individual conduct protections, having nothing to do with the right to privacy or individual rights. Each gender has equal rights and restrictions on marriage, so there is no equal protection violation. "Hiding" is a word that is long in the past. As with most social policies, there is good and bad aspects. The bad is that people's sexual conduct was once a private matter. It has now become a public campaign. People are free to live and associate with whomever they want. To attempt to create a government protected class of people based upon sexual conduct orientation is quite disturbed and misguided. It runs counter to both natural law and the moral code of Judeo-Christian-Islamic people.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I, too, have friends who publicly profess their sexual orientation preference, but they know that the way I will help them is not to agree with current popular opinion on homosexual conduct and relationships based upon such conduct. My prayer for them and your friends is Corinthians 6:9-11, all men can be cleansed through Christ.

Peace.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelheadfisherman. Show steelheadfisherman's posts

Good for the kid. He is in the right. Stories like this make me even happier that I am American.

There is nothing immoral about being gay. Bullying however....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If this young man were coming out against bullying those of a different race or with disabilities, no one would object. Yet when someone refers to homosexuality as "a behavioral disorder" and a sin, it's clear where they're coming from. And that it makes them uncomfortable.

I agree that bullying is bad, period, whether it's based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, favorite baseball team, whatever. But if a young man wants to take a specific stand against gays being bullied because it's personal to him, it baffles me that anyone would find it objectionable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]The kid isn't "doing this". Adults are behind this. The agenda is wrong. I don't have much hope for this country, due to the leadership of our youth. Better leaders is the only hope for this country.
    Then get out of here and move to North Korea, you fascist pig.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

There is nothing immoral about being gay

Thre is something immoral about homosexual conduct. There is no such thing as a physical identity being slangly referred to as "gay". Unless the child is some freak of nature, he doesn't know what he's doing, he's 12 years old. He is being manipulated by adults with an agenda, the prevailing environment in public schools and other places where children are "supervised".  

Bad for the adults behind this. They are in the wrong.

Timothy 1:8-11 

Deadhead, who taught you morals? Was it Jerry Garcia? Phil Lesh? Grace Slick? Timothy Leary? 

Yet when someone refers to homosexuality as "a behavioral disorder" and a sin, it's clear where they're coming from. And that it makes them uncomfortable.

It's not "referred to as a sin", it is a sin. I'm not uncomfortable discussing an issue that has been on the front burner for many decades. It is clear that you are uncomfortable calling this behavior a behavior and a sin, or anyone who does so.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing immoral about being gay Thre is something immoral about homosexual conduct. There is no such thing as a physical identity being slangly referred to as "gay". Unless the child is some freak of nature, he doesn't know what he's doing, he's 12 years old. He is being manipulated by adults with an agenda, the prevailing environment in public schools and other places where children are "supervised".   Bad for the adults behind this. They are in the wrong. Timothy 1:8-11  Deadhead, who taught you morals? Was it Jerry Garcia? Phil Lesh? Grace Slick? Timothy Leary?  Yet when someone refers to homosexuality as "a behavioral disorder" and a sin, it's clear where they're coming from. And that it makes them uncomfortable. It's not "referred to as a sin", it is a sin. I'm not uncomfortable for me to discuss an issue that has been on the front burner for many decades. It is clear that you are uncomfortable calling this behavior a behavior and a sin, or anyone who does so.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Another Hollywood image. What a great institution, and I underscore "instittution".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Shouldn't this be in the Off The Field section part of the forum?  Funny the BDC is so critical of other off the field subject matter placed on the On the Front Burner (moving or deleting it within hours) but leaves this one here ... front and center.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm not uncomfortable discussing an issue that has been on the front burner for many decades. It is clear that you are uncomfortable calling this behavior a behavior and a sin, or anyone who does so.

Did you mean "behavior disorder" here? If so, you're right, I would never call homosexuality a behavior disorder or a sin.

Burrito, you're right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This thread makes me even more convinced of my original speculation that Softy's unreasonable hatred of ellsbury is an attempt to battle his deep-seated attraction to Jacoby which he cannot bring himself to admit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Space, your values are a direct reflection of contemporary stereotypes. Having read Softlaw, I doubt Softlaw fits "American Beauty" fictional Hollywood depiction of "deep seated attraction". You, on the other hand, fit the description of those who look for comfort in contemporary values instead of the express words of theological scholars. Your values are Grateful Dead values, Hollywood values, carving out an "acceptable lifestyle" from cases of human affliction and pibbybacking into a human class identity. Read more boods of wisdom, and less books of Hemmingway and Tom Hanks;)  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Space, your values are a direct reflection of contemporary stereotypes. Having read Softlaw, I doubt Softlaw fits "American Beauty" fictional Hollywood depiction of "deep seated attraction". You, on the other hand, fit the description of those who look for comfort in contemporary values instead of the express words of theological scholars. Your values are Grateful Dead values, Hollywood values, carving out an "acceptable lifestyle" from cases of human affliction and pibbybacking into a human class identity. Read more boods of wisdom, and less books of Hemmingway and Tom Hanks;)  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE}

Hemmingway is a fantastic read.  Never read any Hanks though.  Seriously though, my values are far from contemporary.  I am old-school in most ways.  In fact, my values regarding sexual orientation and marriage pre-date the new jack Judeo-Christian notion that having sexual relations with someone of the same sex is somehow a "human affliction".  I value marriage and all it demands of those who take such vows.  And I am friends with people in beautiful "gay" relationships, some that are even raising children, that deserve the blessing of marriage as much or more than many of their hetero counterparts.  

And, FWIW, softlaw doesn't need to fit any fictional Hollywood depiction to have a confusing crush on Ellsbury.  It is an all-too-real problem for many people who have been taught intolerance and fear.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

In fact, my values regarding sexual orientation and marriage pre-date the new jack Judeo-Christian notion

Space, "confusing crush" is your projection to cover your own disturbed mind. Let me give you just one old jack Judeo-Christian "notions" on homosexual behavior:

Timothy 1:8-11

The "new jack" isn't that new, Space. What is the source of your "old jack", Space? Who gives your "blessings", Space?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Stop trying to get us to read your fiction. Harry Potter has more theological value than the bible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In fact, my values regarding sexual orientation and marriage pre-date the new jack Judeo-Christian notion Space, "confusing crush" is your projection to cover your own disturbed mind. Let me give you just one old jack Judeo-Christian "notions" on homosexual behavior: Timothy 1:8-11 The "new jack" isn't that new, Space. What is the source of your "old jack", Space? Who gives your "blessings", Space?  

Admittedly, I have a disturbed mind.  But much less disturbed than those who cannot separate the wisdom and the essence of the Word of God from the provincial, long-outdated cultural norms of an ancient, harsh society.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The Grateful Dead has more theological value than your vapid humor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]The Grateful Dead has more theological value than your vapid humor.

You lost me here.  Congrats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

But unlike Spaceman, the Dead was overrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelheadfisherman. Show steelheadfisherman's posts

Deadhead is not my name or handle. You are attempting to use it as an insult. That says a whole lot about your morals and values. I am a dead fan so I'm not offended, but it makes you look juvenile to literally call me names. I'm amazed I have let a grown man that name calling makes you look like a fool.

Anyhow, I don't share your values. My values were taght to me by my parents, a few coaches and in my mind shaped by common sense. I don't believe for a moment that homosexuality is an affliction or disorder. That's just silly.

Like I said before....good for the kid. I have more faith in todays youth than in the over 50 generation by far. Good luck out there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

But much less disturbed than those who cannot separate the wisdom and the essence of the Word of God

The "wisdom and the essence" are the words themselves. The very claim that the current times require the wisdom and the essence of the words to conform to the cultural popular values of the day is the essense of the disturbed minds of today.

It is indeed stated in proverbs that man will attempt to live his life within his own interpretation on what is virtue and what is vice. It's not surprising that man will attempt to make current values conform to current behavior. In addition, man will attempt to claim that what is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right.

Isaiah 5:20
    Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Without any question, my generation is working overtime to conform current behavior to current values. My generation is deeply disturbed and affected by many years of a cullture of drug abuse and individually based values. (BTW I'm for legalizing drugs)

Contemporary cultural ethic of "if it feels good/right and involves consenting adults" cannot be reconciled with the word of the Lord. It most certainly is not the essence and wisdom of the Lord. 

It's one thing to love thy enemy, but another to call a wrong right. 

The Grateful Dead, as musicians, were very good musicians. Beyond that, very troubled minds with a very troubled popular following.