19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -

Appx. .380 OBP
    Appx. .900 OPS

When can we expect regressing back to baseball norm?

Great baseball acumen.

HA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -

When do we flip Jake and Youkilis in the order?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Do ya think we can dupe LA into a jake trade???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is not like softy hasn't been proven a ignorant fool as far back as 2008

his red sox hatred and tireless drivel to demean and hurt others is not limited just to be wrong about jacoby Ellsbury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Sell high"

That was 2 and 2/3rds years ago.

Only a clown would still defend that clueless position. 

(Speaking of "reverse pivot": maybe Jake could teach this new advanced technique to some of our struggling hitters.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Laugh all you want, but remember a few of you defended Ellsbury going to LF last year for Cameron. I didn't think he would become a power show, but I had great confidence in his ability to help the Sox offense and defense. He's having a Lynn type season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's some kind of player; and this year, fearless as well. 72 RBIs by a leadoff hitter on Aug 6; hit Sabathia like it was batting practice; he's creating a legacy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -:
    Laugh all you want, but remember a few of you defended Ellsbury going to LF last year for Cameron. I didn't think he would become a power show, but I had great confidence in his ability to help the Sox offense and defense. He's having a Lynn type season.
    Posted by dannycater

Oh, I'm laughin' all right.
    Ells was supposed to "add pop" by moving to LF...
    Now that he's back in CF, perhaps his reverse pivot - hit a divot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wanted Jacoby in LF in 2010. I still think it was the right move based on defensive skillsets. I have seen defensive improvement in CF this year, but I still have seen more than normal late breaks and wrong angels taken, and his arm is still below average..

I projected modest gains on offense fromJacoby this year, but nothing like this!  

WOW!  Go Jacoby! GO!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Harness, I came to the board and thought there would be more positive threads about the game. Due to my lack of stats knowledge, I didn't even realize this was a thread about Jake. lol I, actually, started a different thread about him. Sorry. My bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I wanted Jacoby in LF in 2010. I still think it was the right move based on defensive skillsets. I have seen defensive improvement in CF this year, but I still have seen more than normal late breaks and wrong angels taken, and his arm is still below average. . I projected modest gains on offense fromJacoby this year, but nothing like this!   WOW!  Go Jacoby! GO!
    Posted by moonslav59

I agreed with the decision to put Jacoby in LF last year, not because I thought Ells is horrible in CF, but because based on each player's experience and success, I thought Ells in LF and Cam in CF was a stronger defensive alignment than the other way around.

This year with Crawford instead of Cam, the stronger defensive alignment is Crawford in LF and Ells in CF.

I agree with your current assessment of Ellbury's defense.

I don't think any of us expected this kind of offensive output from him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Harness, I came to the board and thought there would be more positive threads about the game. Due to my lack of stats knowledge, I didn't even realize this was a thread about Jake. lol I, actually, started a different thread about him. Sorry. My bad.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Don't fret. Softy will appreciate it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my - : Don't fret. Softy will appreciate it!
    Posted by harness

LOL. I guess, you cannot have too many positive threads.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Awesome numbers, and he is doing it in the middle of a pennant race, big difference, than playing for a second to the last place Dodgers.
    Posted by bobbysu

True. Kemp's team is flailing in a weak N. L. division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Carl Crawford Age 28 in 2010

Crawford 2010 BA .307 OBP .356 SLG .495 OPS .851 19HR
    Crawford 2011 BA .245 OBP .280 SLG .379 OPS .659 12 Projected
    Crawford career BA .293 OBP .334 SLG .440 OPS .774 13HR

Ellsbury Age 28 in 2011

Ellsbury 2011 BA .321 OBP .377 SLG .522 OPS .899 26 Projected
    Ellsbury 2010 BA .192 OBP .241 SLG .244 OPS .485 0 HR
    Ellsbury 2009 BA .301 OBP .355 SLG .415 OPS .770 9 HR
    Ellsbury career BA . 298 OBP .352 SLG .434 OPS .786 13 HR

JD Drew Age 28 BA .305 OBP .436 SLG .570 OPS 1.006 31 HR

Career years tend to intoxicate and evoke prideful emotions. It's a shame Drew was never given equal hyperbolic billing of "MVP/Supserstar" during his career year.

Crawford's OBP is still embarrassing, but it appears as though he'll get back to his career averages by next season. Theo may continue to allow fan emotion to drive his decisions, but I doubt his allowance is high enough to meet Boras request for 150M for the 2011 Ellsbury. In that regard, a little serendipity. Two mistakes would damage the future long after Theo is gone.

Swings matter over the long haul. Every MLB player has a career season. Ellsbury's is inferior to Drew's. The little short arm reverse pivot is not going to provide career average power. Granderson is having a truly amazing career season. Career averages sober up a lot of GM's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What's really impressive about Ellsbury is that he is coming up with big hits at big moments.  2 walkoff hits against Cleveland, a game-breaking 3 run jack off Sabathia...he's not just posting great averages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Appx. .380 OBP
    Appx. .900 OPS

When can we expect regressing back to baseball norm?

Great baseball acumen

Next year the Crawford lesson will sober you up.

See Granderson 2011. See Drew 2004.

You have no baseball acumen, old wannabe catcher.

100% guarantee AGon in San Diego spring 2011.

Salty is getting ready to play more. Varitek urban legend might be in final year.

Trivia question:

What player just set a MLB record for most two homer games with multiple teams?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Appx. .380 OBP Appx. .900 OPS When can we expect regressing back to baseball norm? Great baseball acumen Next year the Crawford lesson will sober you up. See Granderson 2011. See Drew 2004. You have no baseball acumen, old wannabe catcher. 100% guarantee AGon in San Diego spring 2011. Salty is getting ready to play more. Varitek urban legend might be in final year. Trivia question: What player just set a MLB record for most two homer games with multiple teams?
    Posted by softylaw

Give me a hint. Does he have a reverse pivot swing???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

No, but his skin is dark pigmentation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

No, but his skin is dark pigmentation.
    Posted by softylaw

Very weak even for you softy.  Maybe the fact that he is on his 8th organization (White Sox, Reds, Mariners, Mets, Padres, Brewers, Red Sox, and Marlins) and that seven teams have moved on from him contributed to his dubious 2 homer "record."  Or maybe in twisted softy land all seven teams that moved on from him are run by racists with a racist fan base.  What a twit. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

What twit you are for demeaning a great MLB career. Maybe in your twisted land a dark skin player gets shipped out more because most fans are your color and prefer inferior players like Ortiz who are less popular because Ellsbury is "producing".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

dubious 2 homer "record

Doing it 8 times is impressive for any career. Don't begrude it becuase your daughter would rather giggle about a player earlier in his career like Ellsbury. Cameron's career will stand quite nicely when Ellsbury little legs start to tire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

So, in the off-season, if talks of signing long term with Ellsbury dwindle. Does Theo trade him to the Mariners for Felix Hernandez?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

What twit you are for demeaning a great MLB career. Maybe in your twisted land a dark skin player gets shipped out more because most fans are your color and prefer inferior players like Ortiz who are less popular because Ellsbury is "producing".
    Posted by softylaw

Too funny:

Your words "great MLB career" -- .249 / .338 / .444 / .782 and creeping up on 1900 Ks with less than 900 BBs.  I'll give you the defense, but hardly a "great MLB career." 

Your words "most fans are your color and prefer inferior players"  -- Would you get off the race issue.  You know knothing about me genius.  I shouldn't have to defend myself, but I come from a multiracial/cultural family.  Black, white, and Chinese.  Christmas card looks like a darn UN meeting.  

You really are going off the deep end...

Sections
Shortcuts