19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -

In Response to Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -:
    [QUOTE]Harness, I came to the board and thought there would be more positive threads about the game. Due to my lack of stats knowledge, I didn't even realize this was a thread about Jake. lol I, actually, started a different thread about him. Sorry. My bad.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

An extra positive thread or two won't sing the balance of negative ones in numerical weight, Kim.

It certainly won't make a difference in the BS weight scale.   The negative numnuts have that sealed and delivered....

Just the fact you're concerned about a nrealt repetitive thread speaks to your intent far better than any critical thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my - : Oh, I'm laughin' all right. Ells was supposed to "add pop" by moving to LF... Now that he's back in CF, perhaps his reverse pivot - hit a divot!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, you're constant provoking and laughing at others is quite funny considering some of the statements you make, then take offense to when fans call you out.  So the guy makes mistakes and can't admit being wrong at times.  Not too much different than yourself now is it? 

You don't need to provoke him ever further with threads like this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I shouldn't have to defend myself, but I come from a multiracial/cultural family.

Our "multi-racial" President is "black". Your point is meaningless.

When you say Ortiz is no longer as popular as Ellsbury because of production, you need to defend yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

When you say Ortiz is no longer as popular as Ellsbury because of production, you need to defend yourself.

Why? thats the way it goes with "fans"..Ells is the popular one at this point in time, and well deserved..papi is still loved..Its just that its Ells' spotlinght right now..not really that hard to figure out..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ells doesn't deserve the spotlight. Agon does. Ortiz does. Perhaps a little flashlight for "Ells".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE] I shouldn't have to defend myself, but I come from a multiracial/cultural family. Our "multi-racial" President is "black". Your point is meaningless. When you say Ortiz is no longer as popular as Ellsbury because of production, you need to defend yourself.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

As always, you take things out of context and twist them.  It must be nice to be the only person on the board with an understanding of baseball, our country's racial climate, and with the incredible ability to make assumptions (incorrect of course) about others.  You really are a sad, sad, man.

I just need to keep telling myself, "I will not respond to this cherry-picking, goal post moving, race card playing (when it is convenient) twit, I will not respond to this cherry-picking, goal-post moving, race card playing twit, I will not respond to this cherry-picking, goal post moving, race-card playing twit"...sigh.  You are incapable of meaningful dialogue....back to ignore.  And now for that morning run...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Carl Crawford Age 28 in 2010 Crawford 2010 BA .307 OBP .356 SLG .495 OPS .851 19HR Crawford 2011 BA .245 OBP .280 SLG .379 OPS .659 12 Projected Crawford career BA .293 OBP .334 SLG .440 OPS .774 13HR Ellsbury Age 28 in 2011 Ellsbury 2011 BA .321 OBP .377 SLG .522 OPS .899 26 Projected Ellsbury 2010 BA .192 OBP .241 SLG .244 OPS .485 0 HR Ellsbury 2009 BA .301 OBP .355 SLG .415 OPS .770 9 HR Ellsbury career BA . 298 OBP .352 SLG .434 OPS .786 13 HR JD Drew Age 28 BA .305 OBP .436 SLG .570 OPS 1.006 31 HR Career years tend to intoxicate and evoke prideful emotions. It's a shame Drew was never given equal hyperbolic billing of "MVP/Supserstar" during his career year. Crawford's OBP is still embarrassing, but it appears as though he'll get back to his career averages by next season. Theo may continue to allow fan emotion to drive his decisions, but I doubt his allowance is high enough to meet Boras request for 150M for the 2011 Ellsbury. In that regard, a little serendipity. Two mistakes would damage the future long after Theo is gone. Swings matter over the long haul. Every MLB player has a career season. Ellsbury's is inferior to Drew's. The little short arm reverse pivot is not going to provide career average power. Granderson is having a truly amazing career season. Career averages sober up a lot of GM's.

What was Kevin Cash's career season? How do you know Ells won't have better seasons? Gosh you are stubborn; you would be better off to admit you made a mistake, and move on; even MLB FOs do that from time to time; here's guessing your blind arrogance is getting in the way from you doing that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]What's really impressive about Ellsbury is that he is coming up with big hits at big moments.  2 walkoff hits against Cleveland, a game-breaking 3 run jack off Sabathia...he's not just posting great averages.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, and yes. He has the #s AND the intangibles, including my favorite: clutch play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Ells doesn't deserve the spotlight. Agon does. Ortiz does. Perhaps a little flashlight for "Ells".

FACT: Ells is on fire, Papi isnt..so by the way both of them are currently playing, Ells deserves the spotlight right now..Your opinions cloud your judgement of facts..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ellsbury this year is outproducing Ortiz--more rbi's and a lot more runs scored.  Plus Jake actually goes out and plays a defensive position while Ortiz rides a bike or whatever.  Ortiz is hampered, I would hasten to add, but not having a good bat behind him in the lineup.  He is in fact the good bat that allows Youk to get a lot of rbi opportunities. 

Popularity is much harder to gauge.  We are all jumping on Jakes bandwagon because this is clearly a career year, but Ortiz is also having a very good year when it wasn't really expected. 

Moreover, Ortiz has been here a long time and actually has a personality and loves to talk about stuff.  Pedroia also gets a lot of attention because he is the mouthiest Red Sox in a long time, and almost always in a good way.  He and Ortiz both make for good copy.   Reportedly the team leaders are Ortiz, Agon, Pedroia, Youk, Lester, and Beckett. 

I do not understand softy's insistence on race.  Most of us notice race, but we also notice facial hair, earrings, hair style, size, and especially attitude and demeanor.  Making race into a big issue is bogus. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my - : FACT: Ells is on fire, Papi isnt..so by the way both of them are currently playing, Ells deserves the spotlight right now..Your opinions cloud your judgement of facts..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I agree southpaw, our fans like them both but what Jacoby has accomplished this season speaks volumes and he deserves the attention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

do not understand softy's insistence on race.  Most of us notice race, but we also notice facial hair, earrings, hair style, size, and especially attitude and demeanor.

In softy's defence, he also "notices" and discriminates against fat people, the aged, Jews, "good ole boys", "college grads", and much much more.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE] do not understand softy's insistence on race.  Most of us notice race, but we also notice facial hair, earrings, hair style, size, and especially attitude and demeanor. In softy's defence, he also "notices" and discriminates against fat people, the aged, Jews, "good ole boys", "college grads", and much much more.... .
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Why would he discriminate against himself (or his family)?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]What twit you are for demeaning a great MLB career. Maybe in your twisted land a dark skin player gets shipped out more because most fans are your color and prefer inferior players like Ortiz who are less popular because Ellsbury is "producing".

A great MLB career? More like a average to above average career. In 17 years Cameron has 1680 hits, 275 HR's, 958 RBI's, 1881 Strike outs, and a career batting ave. of 249. Not exactly great or hall of fame stats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

You really are a sad, sad, man.

Here is a really sad, sad, man:

"My daughter's favorite player was Ortiz, but Ellsbury has produced."

Old Moonslow. It was "semites", now it's "Jews". Does't have that popular sound to it.

Moonslow discriminates against southern rural bible thumping and gun toten rednecks. He also is a racist.

It wouldn't be 2011 if it didn't mean calling someone:

"hater" "racist" "homophobe". No town is more de facto racist than Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

apparently my last post was to logical for you to debate, huh softy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to 19 Dingers 72 RBI.321 BA - Reverse pivot my -:
    [QUOTE]Appx. .380 OBP Appx. .900 OPS When can we expect regressing back to baseball norm? Great baseball acumen.                                HA!!!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Im thinking if he could teach the reverse pivot to Pedey, Pedey might have a shot at 40 homers a season. We might also get him to teach it to Iggy, who will then be a .300 hitter and our shortstop of the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

southpall, your comment was hysterical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]southpall, your comment was hysterical.

Mine are funny...yours are pathetic..Ill take that..to much logic for ya i guess...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moonslow discriminates against southern rural bible thumping and gun toten rednecks. He also is a racist. 

Some of my best friends are...

Besides...

All I said was that the only area of the country that did not see a significant swing from Republican to Democrat in the 2008 election was "redneck" areas of the USA (mainly,Appalchia to the Ozarks). Those areas actually gained in percentages toward a Republican. I never said it was good or bad. I did not vote for Obama in the Primary or in the General. Your logic is faulty.