1st is TEX to go down, 9 mo to go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

1st is TEX to go down, 9 mo to go?

talkin old man's syndromes and old man injuries.. is that not how jeter got injured last year.. pulled hammy just doing basic activities of baseball.. tex just making a basic defensive play in foul territory and pop.. who's next? i say ells.. he's did great, always times his pulls when his stock is really high! but there's ichiro, gardner, jeter, mccann, brian roberts,pinada,matt thornton (really?), sariano, cc the still phat azz, on and on.. if paid on commission, that trainer could b a billionaire by August!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 1st is TEX to go down, 9 mo to go?

The YANK$ are going to get what they PAID for and it won't be pretty !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

talkin old man's syndromes and old man injuries.. is that not how jeter got injured last year.. pulled hammy just doing basic activities of baseball.. tex just making a basic defensive play in foul territory and pop.. who's next? i say ells.. he's did great, always times his pulls when his stock is really high! but there's ichiro, gardner, jeter, mccann, brian roberts,pinada,matt thornton (really?), sariano, cc the still phat azz, on and on.. if paid on commission, that trainer could b a billionaire by August!

Maybe big papi or pedroia... Red Sox also have a few key players that are on the other side of 35. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In response to mrgooch's comment:

Maybe big papi or pedroia... Red Sox also have a few key players that are on the other side of 35. 

Maybe not ortiz since he is a dh but he can strain his fingers from doing all that tweeting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Pedroia is only 30

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Pedroia is only 30

True..but injuries can happen to anyone.  If pedroia would go down, im sure the confidence of RSN would go down as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Injuries are part of the game I've seen a few Sox seasons in recent memory head south due to key injuries.

Both of your catchers are up in years as is Ortiz. Uehara your closer is 39. Good luck with Grady Sizemore. Victorina hurt again? And how is Clay coming along?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Injuries are part of the game I've seen a few Sox seasons in recent memory head south due to key injuries.

Both of your catchers are up in years as is Ortiz. Uehara your closer is 39. Good luck with Grady Sizemore. Victorina hurt again? And how is Clay coming along?

Thanks for the well wishes on Sizemore, TWM. So far, so good.  I think he'll end up batting lead off and will be a comparable replacement, for Ellsbury. Clay is just fine, too. No injury, Farrell is just easing him back into the rotation, after so much time off last season. He's starting today. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would think during the 15 DL they will determine the long term impact. My guess is they would look at Kendrys Morales as a 1 B/ DH replacement for Tex.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Injuries are part of the game.  We know the Yankees were old and at a higher probability of injuring themselves.  That doesn't gurantee more injuries but it has to be concerning, for all we know they remain relatively heahtly after this but you can't not be concerned if you are the Yankee brass right now.

If Johnson moves over to play more first base, I wonder if a need arises on the opposite side of the diamond.  perhaps...the Yankees make a play for Drew????

We also know that teams that have horrible depth will suffer more from injuries, this is where the Sox have a HUGE advantage over New York

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2014/04/05/following-teixeiras-injury-drew-makes-more-sense-than-ever/

Teix out, Drew in, Sox get pick!  I doubt it will happen, but I'd be thrilled.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2014/04/05/following-teixeiras-injury-drew-makes-more-sense-than-ever/

Don't underestimate the Yankees not valuing their draft picks enough to upgrade that infield.  Plus they wouldn't be giving up a 1st pick for Drew, they would be giving up a second round pick.   I'm not saying it's a done deal, but at least a possibility

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Egg shEllsbury will be on the DL by May.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Thanks for the well wishes on Sizemore, TWM. So far, so good.  I think he'll end up batting lead off and will be a comparable replacement, for Ellsbury. Clay is just fine, too. No injury, Farrell is just easing him back into the rotation, after so much time off last season. He's starting today. 

Pete Abraham β€@PeteAbe   1h

Sizemore batting leadoff for the first time since 9-8-11. #redsox

Collapse

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

True..but injuries can happen to anyone.  If pedroia would go down, im sure the confidence of RSN would go down as well.

True dat.  I hate the EE as much as anyone, but it is mucho bad mojo to root for injuries, even to the EE.  And, as TWM pointed out, we're not exactly young.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Papi sitting gee why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bogiesat12oclock. Show Bogiesat12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

True dat.  I hate the EE as much as anyone, but it is mucho bad mojo to root for injuries, even to the EE.  And, as TWM pointed out, we're not exactly young.

Yes, it's a young man's sport being played by rich old men.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Papi sitting gee why?

May be he strained something from carrying those two WS rings yesterday, and the other two, around his neck{#emotions_dlg.tongue_out}

Ellsbury sat after 3 games, didnt he, TWM?

Pete Abraham β€@PeteAbe   13m

Planned day off for Ortiz, Farrell says. Not related to injury. #redsox

Pete Abraham β€@PeteAbe  6m

@csmitche Given that every team in baseball does with players in April, it’s not really unbelievable actually.

May have something to do with a day game, after night? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I think the entire concept is disgusting.  I want the Red Sox to win every game, particularly at the expense of the Yankees (more than every other team combined, in truth)...which is a huge tribute to the Ancient Enemy...do most Sox fans not understand that?.

But to glory in or, worse, wish ill health on a Yankee player?  A baseball player?  A human being?  Hitler, Stalin and John Wayne Gacy have been looking for a fourth for bridge so keep up the schadenfreude if you want in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bogiesat12oclock. Show Bogiesat12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

I think maybe it is okay to wish a hammy injury on the enemy... but of course one would not wish for serious injury... you would hope not anyhow. I'd rather beat a healthy Yankee team.

I think your avatar says it all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Don't underestimate the Yankees not valuing their draft picks enough to upgrade that infield.  Plus they wouldn't be giving up a 1st pick for Drew, they would be giving up a second round pick.   I'm not saying it's a done deal, but at least a possibility

they already forfieted their second round pick when they signed Jacoby and McCann. they would lose a 3rd round pick if they signed drew

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

they already forfieted their second round pick when they signed Jacoby and McCann. they would lose a 3rd round pick if they signed drew

yanks also lost pick by signing beltran

gained picks for cano and granderson

I still don't get this drew talk

I C little value if he's not playing SS

if teix is a long term thing wouldn't kendry morales make more sense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bogiesat12oclock. Show Bogiesat12oclock's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

yanks also lost pick by signing beltran

gained picks for cano and granderson

I still don't get this drew talk

I C little value if he's not playing SS

if teix is a long term thing wouldn't kendry morales make more sense

Watching the Brewers this evening, they may  have interest in acquirring a SS. 

Sections
Shortcuts