1st is TEX to go down, 9 mo to go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: 1st is TEX to go down, 9 mo to go?

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to tom-uk's comment:

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2014/04/05/following-teixeiras-injury-drew-makes-more-sense-than-ever/

Teix out, Drew in, Sox get pick!  I doubt it will happen, but I'd be thrilled.

Don't underestimate the Yankees not valuing their draft picks enough to upgrade that infield.  Plus they wouldn't be giving up a 1st pick for Drew, they would be giving up a second round pick.   I'm not saying it's a done deal, but at least a possibility

they already forfieted their second round pick when they signed Jacoby and McCann. they would lose a 3rd round pick if they signed drew

They lost their first round pick when they signed McCann.  They lost the comp picks they gained from Granderson, and Cano when they signed Ellsbury and Beltran.  They had a third pick that never vested as they resigned Kuroda.

If they go out and sign another guy they lost their 2nd pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Injuries are part of the game I've seen a few Sox seasons in recent memory head south due to key injuries.

Both of your catchers are up in years as is Ortiz. Uehara your closer is 39. Good luck with Grady Sizemore. Victorina hurt again? And how is Clay coming along?

Thanks for the well wishes on Sizemore, TWM. So far, so good.  I think he'll end up batting lead off and will be a comparable replacement, for Ellsbury. Clay is just fine, too. No injury, Farrell is just easing him back into the rotation, after so much time off last season. He's starting today. 

Clay didn't look so fine to me. The fastball in the 80s, a few up to 91.

Has to be some serious concern there.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Injuries are part of the game I've seen a few Sox seasons in recent memory head south due to key injuries.

Both of your catchers are up in years as is Ortiz. Uehara your closer is 39. Good luck with Grady Sizemore. Victorina hurt again? And how is Clay coming along?

Thanks for the well wishes on Sizemore, TWM. So far, so good.  I think he'll end up batting lead off and will be a comparable replacement, for Ellsbury. Clay is just fine, too. No injury, Farrell is just easing him back into the rotation, after so much time off last season. He's starting today. 

JBay

I've always liked Sizemore and wish him well, ahem even with his current employer.

He's a good guy with a lot of talent but he just can't stay healthy for some reason. He's had a whole serious of injuries during the course of his career.

Maybe this year he'll go injury-free, we'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Bogeyatmidnite's comment:

Once the weather warms up both Sabathia and Clay will throw faster.

I doubt it.

And I also doubt CC is the best pitcher the Yankees have.

He has to learn how to pitch with his off speed stuff to be effective.

Buchholz looks injured or maybe has not fully recovered from the last injury.

He had to keep his pitches low because he was getting shellacked by the Brewer hitters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

And how is Clay coming along?

Weren't you referring to his injury, TWM? His first outing, same as Sabathia. Are you ready to write him off, too? Too soon to say, dont you think? Clay was the best pitcher in baseball last season, before he was out for 3 months. Sabathia wasn't. This was Buchs first game since last spring. He also didn't pitch much, in ST. Are you concerned about Sabathia as well? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Question:  Why did Texeira cover his mouth with his hand while telling Girardi what happened to him (and then he left the field and went to the locker room)?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Weren't you referring to his injury, TWM? Dont know where you live TWM, but it was extremely windy last night. His first outing, same as Sabathia. Are you ready to write him off, too. TWM. Too soon th say, dont you think?

I am writing off the days of CC throwing in the mid 90s yes.

He has to learn how to use his off speed stuff.

I would say the weather in Fenway had zip to do with Clay's lack of velo.

More physical than anything else. Fastball in the 80s? That's bad. I saw 91 a few times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Btw I watched the entire game. The kid pitching for the brewers wasn't affected by weather.

Nice FB in the mid to high 90s in the wind and cold of Fenway as you describe it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Weren't you referring to his injury, TWM? Dont know where you live TWM, but it was extremely windy last night. His first outing, same as Sabathia. Are you ready to write him off, too. TWM. Too soon th say, dont you think?

More physical than anything else. Fastball in the 80s? That's bad. I saw 91 a few times.

I agree which is why I edited my post. Are you concerned about CC as well TWM?? We should write them both off, after one start? The difference is TWM Clay miossed most of last season, with an injury. His first start back. Not the same senario for Sabathia 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Btw I watched the entire game. The kid pitching for the brewers wasn't affected by weather.

Nice FB in the mid to high 90s in the wind and cold of Fenway as you describe it.

give it a rest TWM I edited my post beofere I saw yours. Also I bet if Clay pithed well you wouldnt be here this morning. You only come out, when its safe 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I agree which is why I edited my post. Are you concerned about CC as well TWM??

Sure. Currently the way the rest of the rotation is pitching CC could find himself being a number 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

give it a rest TWM I edited my post beofere I saw yours. Also I bet if Clay piutvhed well you wouldnt be here this morning. You only come out, when its safe 

I only come out when it's safe?

Now that's downright hillarious considering the WS flag is still flying over Fenway and they trounced my team all last season.

Looks to me like you just can't handle the truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sure. Currently the way the rest of the rotation is pitching CC could fine himself being a number 5.

Difference being, Buchs first start since last spring. He was the best pitcher in BB, until the injury. This was his first start, since. Also, I'm sure you didnt notice, he didnt pitch much in ST, so hes still working his way back 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I just like to keep folks honest.

Help see the light through their red glasses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I just like to keep folks honest.

Help see the light through their red glasses.

Hardly. How is your posts being honest TWM? One start and you're starting a fire, over a pticher who was out most of last season and didnt pitch much in ST. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Question:  Why did Texeira cover his mouth with his hand while telling Girardi what happened to him (and then he left the field and went to the locker room)?  

what R U thinking ice

I'm thinking

he forgot to brush his teeth and then went into the locker room to do so

will seannybboi be updating his thread today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

give it a rest TWM I edited my post beofere I saw yours. Also I bet if Clay piutvhed well you wouldnt be here this morning. You only come out, when its safe 

Now that's downright hillarious considering the WS flag is still flying over Fenway and they trounced my team all last season.

Truth about what? BIG difference between honest and fair, TWM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Sure. Currently the way the rest of the rotation is pitching CC could find himself being a number 5.

Difference being, Buchs first start since last spring. He was the best pitcher in BB, until the injury. This was his first start, since. No need to let him work his way back, TWM. 

Why did Clay have to soak his hair last night pre-game if it was so windy and cold?

I notice he goes to his wet hair a lot too. What do you think is going on there?

His wet hair didn't help his velo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sure. Currently the way the rest of the rotation is pitching CC could fine himself being a number 5.

Difference being, Buchs first start since last spring. He was the best pitcher in BB, until the injury. This was his first start, since. No need to let him work his way back, TWM. 

Why did Clay have to soak his hair last night pre-game if it was so windy and cold?

I notice he goes to his wet hair a lot too. What do you think is going on there?

If you would pay attention, twm, he pours a bottle of water over his head before each start. Been doing it for a while. I think it's water on his head, you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

JBay

I've always liked Sizemore and wish him well, ahem even with his current employer.

He's a good guy with a lot of talent but he just can't stay healthy for some reason. He's had a whole serious of injuries during the course of his career.

They're part of the game, some are more susceptible than others. Teixera is slowly falling into that catogory

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If you would pay attention, twm, he pousr a bottle of water over his head before each start. I think its water on his head, you?

Maybe it's time to try something different.

Especially in the cold and wind last night.

I think Clay touches his wet hair to get moisture on his pitching hand.

But that's the cynic in me.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

JBay

They're part of the game, some are more susceptible than others. Teixera is slowly falling into that catogory

I agree. I have no problem accepting the truth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Yes, I notice how you came racing back here, after you picked up your bat and ball, and stormed home, saying you "would be back when we were bounced from the playoffs, and you will be ", to congratulate us. 

Sections
Shortcuts