2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1

And now Beckett gets to line up against David Price. After TB, then TEX, then NYY (all at home), then back on the road.

This is quickly getting worse than ANYONE would have imagined. They have no financial flexibility to WANT to do anything, they have very little in the minors that could make a big difference without drastically altering the roster (Middlebrooks in, Youk out? Lavarnway up and deal with his D? What pitching? Cook?).

Ugly, ugly, ugly. And a rookie GM to navigate this mess. Ugh. And a first year manager. How long before the team totally loses faith in him? Or the bullpen?

Wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: 2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1

Sadly, that's not Hurley's lottery ticket number.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to 2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1:
    And now Beckett gets to line up against David Price. After TB, then TEX, then NYY (all at home), then back on the road. This is quickly getting worse than ANYONE would have imagined. They have no financial flexibility to WANT to do anything, they have very little in the minors that could make a big difference without drastically altering the roster (Middlebrooks in, Youk out? Lavarnway up and deal with his D? What pitching? Cook?). Ugly, ugly, ugly. And a rookie GM to navigate this mess. Ugh. And a first year manager. How long before the team totally loses faith in him? Or the bullpen? Wow.
    Posted by ma6dragon9
      Bingo  !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So maybe it wasn't all Francona's fault after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm still trying to figure out what these #s mean.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TOO MUCH DEAD WOOD ON THIS SQUAD. WHO ELSE TO BLAME BUT
    THE FRONT OFFICE. CHERINGTON, LUCCHINO, ETC.
    WHY WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SIGN GUYS LIKE
    SHOPPACH, PUNTO, AVILES, SALTALAMACCHIA, AND MCDONALD
    TO BE ON A REGULAR SQUAD, ALONG WITH JUSTIN THOMAS
    AND MARK MELANCON. ADD CODY ROSS TO THIS MOTLEY CREW.
    THESE GUYS ARE ALL CASTOFFS THAT OTHER TEAMS DIDN'T WANT.
    SO WE HAVE ESTABLISHED AN OLD AGE HOME FOR THESE STIFFS.
    ADD IN YOUKILIS WHO IS SEVERAL YEARS PAST HIS PRIME, AND
    YOU HAVE A SQUAD THAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF "DEAD MEN
    WALKING" LOOK FOR A 4TH PLACE FINISH IF THEY'RE LUCKY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1:
    I'm still trying to figure out what these #s mean.
    Posted by nhsteven

number of runs scored in each game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by LloydDobler

Oh, no Lloyd, it was all Franconas fault. He didn't have them ready to play coming out of Spring training like Bobby V has. Sealed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I thought they were the winning numbers for tonights lotto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: 2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1 : oh, no Lloyd, it was all Franconas fault. He didn't have them ready to play coming out of Spring training like Bobby V has.
    Posted by J-BAY

I was thinking the same thing.

It's like, gee, I thought Bobby V. was running a better camp to get the players ready to play. How is this different than the beginning of last year.

Some of us posted how spring training means nothing and were mocked. So about do they explain this:

Beckett got lit up after having the second lowest ERA (0.95) of spring training pitchers.

Buchholz had a solid ERA and got lit up in his first start.

Ellsbury was red hot in the spring but has started the season cold.

And I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

The one thing that has stayed the same was Youk being cold in the spring and start the season cold.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

That total is good for 5th in AL...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmwazmo. Show hmwazmo's posts

Get a broken down pitcher as compensation for Epstein. Have a 3rd basemen who seems to be washed up. A 1st basemen who plays with no enthusiam a #5 starter who should be the closer. No bullpen. 

I like Bobby V as the manager.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Gunno get a lot worse before this team turns it around.  Ben and Bobby V inherited Theo and Tito's mess.  It will take a year or two to clean house.  Be patient...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by LloydDobler

You think?  Everyone that spent all spring training posting about how they "know" that Bobby V has the team ready to play should now man up and admit they didn't know anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

And now Beckett gets to line up against David Price. After TB, then TEX, then NYY (all at home), then back on the road. This is quickly getting worse than ANYONE would have imagined. They have no financial flexibility to WANT to do anything, they have very little in the minors that could make a big difference without drastically altering the roster (Middlebrooks in, Youk out? Lavarnway up and deal with his D? What pitching? Cook?). Ugly, ugly, ugly. And a rookie GM to navigate this mess. Ugh. And a first year manager. How long before the team totally loses faith in him? Or the bullpen? Wow.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

They have money to spend for improvements during the season, they just aren't going to over react after 6 games.  The Sox are doing better than they did last year.

There are never players to be called up without making changes to a roster.  Middlebrooks isn't ready yet, but I'd love to see Lava called up and Shoppach hit the DL with a phantom injury.  Lava could start 60% of games and be a bat off the bench.  For pitching, there's Cook and Miller with Dice on his way back as well. There's also bullpen help on the way in the form of Hill.

Bobby V's been out of MLB for a while, but he certainly isn't a first year manager.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Also, Iggy at SS would have helped Bard last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9

Hey dragon , who woulda thought I'd ever say this, but I'm starting to feel like there might be at least one sports advantage to having moved from Boston to Toronto . . . 

Saw the game at the Rogers Centre last night . . . couldn't root against my Red Sox, but I'm also glad I've got the Jays to follow most of this season . . . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by LloydDobler

No, not all. But he still lost the team, no matter the reason. He was done here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Typical Red Sox, post Manny, offensive garbage.

I posted a thread titled "the first month will tell any GM all he needs to know" about the obvious adjustments that should arleady have been made over the winter.

Because of the extra WC, this team can still make one key move and change it's losers face. But I doubt Cherry has more of a clue than InEpstein.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to 2, 0, 12, 4, 3, 1 : Hey dragon , who woulda thought I'd ever say this, but I'm starting to feel like there might be at least one sports advantage to having moved from Boston to Toronto . . .  Saw the game at the Rogers Centre last night . . . couldn't root against my Red Sox, but I'm also glad I've got the Jays to follow most of this season . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Some fans are such diehards...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Does Teilhaedien have a Bible in his house?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

THey may not averreact now...but they certainly underreacted to the problems that ended last season.

At this point, I think I'd welcome a little overreaction from the men upstairs. Send SOME kind of message other than acceptance of the team's problems.

Friday will be interesting.

Sections
Shortcuts