2 AL wildcard team; who do you want?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

2 AL wildcard team; who do you want?

The 2 wildcard teams are not going to be swiss cheese. Who do you want see in there (i.e., the easiest for us to take care of if it comes to that)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 2 AL wildcard team; who do you want?

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

The 2 wildcard teams are not going to be swiss cheese. Who do you want see in there (i.e., the easiest for us to take care of if it comes to that)

In terms of what is best for us, I would say Oakland and Cleveland.  The Yankees are very dangerous, so I would rather see the Rays or the Orioles than them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

No brainer.  Cleveland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

My head says CL & NYY

My heart says CL and anyone else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

No brainer.  Cleveland.

Beware of Tito in that case

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

No brainer.  Cleveland.

It sounds like of phophesy coming from the witches in Macbeth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

No brainer.  Cleveland.

It sounds like of phophesy coming from the witches in Macbeth.

[/QUOTE]

It might be worse

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

And leveland plays a lot of really bad teams the rest of the way; more than 1/2 their remaining games against the likes oc Whire Sox and Houston! Once they get the #2 spot, however, they will have to play that one-and-out game against either Oakland or Texas. They will need some luck, there!

I guess I'd rather play Oakland than Texas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

No brainer.  Cleveland.

Absolutely a no brainer - Cleveland for many reasons.

If they don't make it, then anyone but the Yankees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

No brainer.  Cleveland.

Absolutely a no brainer - Cleveland for many reasons.

If they don't make it, then anyone but the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100% on that Kimmy.  We no-brainers think (or don't think) alike.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

No brainer.  Cleveland.

I'm with you Sheriff, Cleveland it is. As a good Red Sox fan I truly hope NY gets left out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

Astros and White Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Torgorox's comment:

Astros and White Sox.

Lol, yes this would be the proper answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Why is everybody saying "anybody but the Yankees" ?  Screw that...we're the better team...after getting beat by them in most situations like this over the last 40 yrs or so that I've been following baseball, I want revenge. GIVE ME THE YANKEES....it's our turn now. I do not fear this Yankee team AT ALL....they've got holes all over he place. Roles are reversed now...they're afraid of US. As they should...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I want the Indians and the Yankees. 

I want Boston to bury the Yankees in the playoffs so bad that A-Rod wishes that he should have served his suspension instead.   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I want the Indians and the Yankees. 

I want Boston to bury the Yankees in the playoffs so bad that A-Rod wishes that he should have served his suspension instead.   LOL

I agree. We need to avoid teams with pitching, 

though Cleveland has gotten better. Those two wwith the 0's

the next choice 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm hoping the Sox finish the season with the best record and the race for the 2nd WC ends in a tie on Sept. 29.

If that happens the two teams that tied will have been manipulating their pitching staffs to get that WC spot and they'll have to play one another on Sept. 30, again with whatever pitching they can pull together

The team that wins that game will then have to play the WC game on Oct 2 with only one day off - a travel day - and again cobble together a pitching staff for that game.  That's the game I want the 2nd WC team to win so they can come to Fenway on October 4 ready to play the fourth game in six days, possibly in four different cities, with what they have left for pitchers.

At that point I don't care who it is.  I like our chances. :-)  But I'd like to see it be Tampa Bay, if only so we could send The Goofy Genius and his snakes and penquins back to Florida with his tail between his legs.

Is that asking for too much?  Smile 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Why is everybody saying "anybody but the Yankees" ?  Screw that...we're the better team...after getting beat by them in most situations like this over the last 40 yrs or so that I've been following baseball, I want revenge. GIVE ME THE YANKEES....it's our turn now. I do not fear this Yankee team AT ALL....they've got holes all over he place. Roles are reversed now...they're afraid of US. As they should...

To me, the worst way to end a season would be to have the Yankees eliminate us from WS contention, be it in the regular season or in the postseason.  If the Yankees then somehow went on to win another championship, it would be almost unbearable.

Do I think that will happen?  No.   Do I think that the Yankees are a better team than the Sox?  No.   But neither of those guarantees that it won't happen.  I don't ever take the Yankees for granted.  The fact that they are still even in the discussion with all the problems that they've had this season is a testament to why they can't be counted out until they are mathematically eliminated.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and I don't want there to be any chance of them beating us out.   As JoeB mentioned in his post, that is thinking with my heart rather than with my brain, but in this case, the heart wins out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

The worst part about the Yankees still being in contention is that they almost have me pulling for the Rays to win, just to keep the Yanks out.   And I really don't like the Rays either.  The Rays winning also hurts the Indians chances.

Oh, the emotional dilemmas I face.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

The worst part about the Yankees still being in contention is that they almost have me pulling for the Rays to win, just to keep the Yanks out.   And I really don't like the Rays either.  The Rays winning also hurts the Indians chances.

Oh, the emotional dilemmas I face.....

LOL

I get a kick out of the lack

of love for the rays from RSN

well from Fla too for that matter ;-)

but can't respect

the disrespect others here have shown towards their mgr

so U don't want to lose to ny or TB

I'm thinking if you must lose

tigers would be the best situation

although losing to tito could be very entertaining on the board

not just this yr for yrs to come

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

so U don't want to lose to ny or TB

I'm thinking if you must lose

tigers would be the best situation

although losing to tito could be very entertaining on the board

not just this yr for yrs to come

If the question is 'if you have to lose?', then CL is an easy choice.

But the more important part, is 'who do we have the best shot against'?  I assume TB pitches Price in their one-game playoff, but that still leaves Moore-Price-Moore in a 5-game series.

As much as I hate the EE, logic dictates that we have more to fear from TB, while still allowing that anyone can beat anyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

To me, the worst way to end a season would be to have the Yankees eliminate us from WS contention, be it in the regular season or in the postseason.  If the Yankees then somehow went on to win another championship, it would be almost unbearable.

Do I think that will happen?  No.   Do I think that the Yankees are a better team than the Sox?  No.   But neither of those guarantees that it won't happen.  I don't ever take the Yankees for granted.  The fact that they are still even in the discussion with all the problems that they've had this season is a testament to why they can't be counted out until they are mathematically eliminated.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and I don't want there to be any chance of them beating us out.   As JoeB mentioned in his post, that is thinking with my heart rather than with my brain, but in this case, the heart wins out.

[/QUOTE]

That's negitive thinking and a defeatist attitude. Yeah....losing, or getting knocked out by NY would be bad, BUT.....KNOCKING them out would be better IMO. Don't play scared dude....attack..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I'm hoping the Sox finish the season with the best record and the race for the 2nd WC ends in a tie on Sept. 29.

If that happens the two teams that tied will have been manipulating their pitching staffs to get that WC spot and they'll have to play one another on Sept. 30, again with whatever pitching they can pull together

The team that wins that game will then have to play the WC game on Oct 2 with only one day off - a travel day - and again cobble together a pitching staff for that game.  That's the game I want the 2nd WC team to win so they can come to Fenway on October 4 ready to play the fourth game in six days, possibly in four different cities, with what they have left for pitchers.

At that point I don't care who it is.  I like our chances. :-)  But I'd like to see it be Tampa Bay, if only so we could send The Goofy Genius and his snakes and penquins back to Florida with his tail between his legs.

Is that asking for too much?  Smile 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

================================

I love your analysis and hope it becomes a reality. We have scored over 10 runs per game vs NY past 3 days and I hope for a sweep today. I don't even want NY in the playoffs. I would be sick based on this current thrashing if they came back with a vendetta & beat us. We've gone 8-2 past 10 games and Tampa has gone 2-8. We are so much better offensively but Price and Moore somehow, maybe they sold their souls to the Devil, seem to quiet our bats. I'd prefer Cleveland even though Tito would like to get back at us, next Orioles & then Texas. League playoffs should be us vs Detroit or the A's. Oakland will be tough and I'd like the matchup becasue I live in SF area & will go to the games. When Sox play SF Giants or A's, at least 25% of the fans are Boston natives who work here. Some come out too for a vacation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Give me the yanks!

Their bullpen is over worked, they have a long stretch without a day off.   If they make it into the post season they will be the walking wounded.

I'm not afraid of them!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

The Yanks are too easy. The sox need a challenge.

Sections
Shortcuts