2 AMAZING stats of Middy and the Berry!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: 2 AMAZING stats of Middy and the Berry!

Middy has been "untouchable" all along, just not on this board.  Right handed power like that is going to get a very long look.  The "rumors" of the Sox shopping Middlebrooks were just that, "rumors."  It's possible he may move to first, as this off season will be very interesting once again, but barring injury, he'll be in the Sox line-up next year.  

On a side note, if this was 1958, it would be pretty safe to assume that Doubront was with Mickey Mantle & Whitey Ford at the Copa Cabana last night...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

yet someone middy is still batting 9th, one day farrell will wake up, hopefully before the postseason. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

yet someone middy is still batting 9th, one day farrell will wake up, hopefully before the postseason. 

You don't start "experimenting" with Middlebrooks right now. He's been on fire since his callup, as have the Sox...Why move him now?  Too much "thinking" can only hurt the ballclub.  This line-up is solid 1 through 9, wouldn't change a thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Middy has been "untouchable" all along, just not on this board.  Right handed power like that is going to get a very long look.  The "rumors" of the Sox shopping Middlebrooks were just that, "rumors."  It's possible he may move to first, as this off season will be very interesting once again, but barring injury, he'll be in the Sox line-up next year.  

On a side note, if this was 1958, it would be pretty safe to assume that Doubront was with Mickey Mantle & Whitey Ford at the Copa Cabana last night...

Admittedly I was not his biggest supporter in the past, and would have traded him.

I am glad he has some much improved plate discipline, which was always my gripe about him...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Admittedly I was not his biggest supporter in the past, and would have traded him.

I am glad he has some much improved plate discipline, which was always my gripe about him...

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, Notin...Not gonna lie, was surprised to see you say you would've moved him for Peavy over Iglesias...His homerun to right against Yanks on that Dempster/Arod Sunday night was one of hardest hit line drives I've seen at that park. Smart kid, the plate discipline should continue to develop.  Even it doesn't, when enough guys who have been around the game long enough say that "the ball just sounds different coming off of his bat," he's gonna be given every opportunity...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, Notin...Not gonna lie, was surprised to see you say you would've moved him for Peavy over Iglesias...His homerun to right against Yanks on that Dempster/Arod Sunday night was one of hardest hit line drives I've seen at that park. Smart kid, the plate discipline should continue to develop.  Even it doesn't, when enough guys who have been around the game long enough say that "the ball just sounds different coming off of his bat," he's gonna be given every opportunity...

[/QUOTE]

I was rooting for the kid. Power RHH  with sooo much potential. Like you said, the ball just sounds different coming off his bat. Some plate discipline, and a better approach will bring him right up to AS potential. He seems to have been humbled and learned a lot in AAA this year. Things like what he went through just make you a better all around ballplayer if you can learn from it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was rooting for the kid. Power RHH  with sooo much potential. Like you said, the ball just sounds different coming off his bat. Some plate discipline, and a better approach will bring him right up to AS potential. He seems to have been humbled and learned a lot in AAA this year. Things like what he went through just make you a better all around ballplayer if you can learn from it.

[/QUOTE]

Good points, Southpaw...I agree that the demotion humbled him a little bit and made him refocus...He was doing a lot of commercials and "promotional" stuff for the Sox last off season, which probably wasn't a good thing, as he was being promoted as a "face of the franchise" a little too early.  Many forget he was a football player first, and a little raw as a baseball player.  Smart kid with a heck of a determination is what will probably make the "critics" with all of the "stats" realize some day that he's not a "Mark Reynolds at best."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Middlebrooks sample size is still too small to know for sure what kind of numbers he will end up with.

He's looking better than ever since the call-up. I hope it can continue at least until the last game of the WS.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Wait and see attitude on Will.  Hoping the upward trajectory continues!

Sections
Shortcuts