2 And A 1/2 Hours Left Till MidNight....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

2 And A 1/2 Hours Left Till MidNight....

Any More Non-Tenders....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: 2 And A 1/2 Hours Left Till MidNight....

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Any More Non-Tenders....

Here is a list of candidates:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/non-tender-candidates.html

Most teams have yet to announce their decisions. MLB Trade Rumors is tracking the situation:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/american-league-non-tenders-1.html

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/national-league-non-tenders-1.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any More Non-Tenders....

Here is a list of candidates:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/non-tender-candidates.html

Most teams have yet to announce their decisions. MLB Trade Rumors is tracking the situation:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/american-league-non-tenders-1.html

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/national-league-non-tenders-1.html

[/QUOTE]

Thanks 55......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Wilson hasn't been non-tendered yet. Hmmmm....... Hopefully he is because we need characters like him on the Sox.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

Wilson hasn't been non-tendered yet. Hmmmm....... Hopefully he is because we need characters like him on the Sox.....

Who is Wison?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]

Who is Wison?

[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about Brian Wilson. Doubt that's gonna happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Who is Wison?

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I think he's talking about Brian Wilson.

But of course ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When's the last time Sox fans were foaming at the mouth over non-tender night?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hmm 2011...........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Really? 

Maybe some slight drooling, but not foam.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Brian Wilson - R - Giants

Giants non-tendered RHP Brian Wilson.

It appears Wilson's tenure in San Francisco is coming to a close, as he is now free to negotiate with any team. There's been some chatter that the Dodgers and Red Sox could have interest, but there will surely be more teams involved. The 30-year-old right-hander is expected to be fully recovered from Tommy John surgery in time for the 2013 season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tender or non-tender ? Or as the King said " Love Me Tender.. "  I am afraid that we have fallen so far , so fast , that we are now relegated to this stuff.  Well , that and pretending that we have the greatest crop of prospects in baseball.   The future is ours. Some of you love this sort of thing. It gives you a chance to opine about your views.  Show how smart you are. Some of us just want a winning team, and we want it now. What is wrong here?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tender or non-tender ? Or as the King said " Love Me Tender.. "  I am afraid that we have fallen so far , so fast , that we are now relegated to this stuff.  Well , that and pretending that we have the greatest crop of prospects in baseball.   The future is ours. Some of you love this sort of thing. It gives you a chance to opine about your views.  Show how smart you are. Some of us just want a winning team, and we want it now. What is wrong here?  

[/QUOTE]

I want to win now, but not at the expense of 2014 and beyond, and don't give me that "Henry can spend way over the cap" line either. We have a near fixed budget limit, and spending big in one of the weakest FA season markets in recent memory will cripple us for many years to come AND not make us a top 4 contender anyways.

Signing Hamilton, Greinke and Napoli will not make us a top 4 club. Would we have a better chance of making the playoffs or stealing a ring? Yes, but at the expense of ruining our longer term future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want to win now, but not at the expense of 2014 and beyond, and don't give me that "Henry can spend way over the cap" line either. We have a near fixed budget limit, and spending big in one of the weakest FA season markets in recent memory will cripple us for many years to come AND not make us a top 4 contender anyways.

Signing Hamilton, Greinke and Napoli will not make us a top 4 club. Would we have a better chance of making the playoffs or stealing a ring? Yes, but at the expense of ruining our longer term future.

[/QUOTE]

well said moon.

@dg: i want a winning team too. i just want it by the start of ST and not NOW NOW NOW.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is our long term future anyway ? We are in a five year drought now.  How long is acceptable ?   Hamilton , Greinke and Napoli are free agents. All they would cost is the money saved on the L.A. Trade.  You don't want to do that , but yet you are willing to trade our best prospects and/or established players for far lesser talents.  How is that helping our long term future ?  Anyway , if Hamilton, Greinke and Napoli can't make us serious contenders , what are the chances that Barnes , Bradley and Brentz will ?  It is my belief that you have got to have a goal of winning it all every year.  I guess I just don't have the patience that others have. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is our long term future anyway ? We are in a five year drought now.  How long is acceptable ?   Hamilton , Greinke and Napoli are free agents. All they would cost is the money saved on the L.A. Trade.  You don't want to do that , but yet you are willing to trade our best prospects and/or established players for far lesser talents.  How is that helping our long term future ?  Anyway , if Hamilton, Greinke and Napoli can't make us serious contenders , what are the chances that Barnes , Bradley and Brentz will ?  It is my belief that you have got to have a goal of winning it all every year.  I guess I just don't have the patience that others have. 

[/QUOTE]

if we signed hamilton, grienke and naps we would definitely be a contender. but we would be hamstrung for years to come. next time an attractive FA came around we would be unable to make a play for them. or worse, we might not have the cash to sign filler FAs like in 2011. then say hello to Cook 2.0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if we signed hamilton, grienke and naps we would definitely be a contender. but we would be hamstrung for years to come. next time an attractive FA came around we would be unable to make a play for them. or worse, we might not have the cash to sign filler FAs like in 2011. then say hello to Cook 2.0

[/QUOTE]

My point is that there are not many free agents  with the ability of Hamilton and Greinke. Who are we waiting for ?   And , signing them would still allow us to keep all of our prospects.  Of course , everything comes with a risk.  Sometimes , you have to go for the gold. You cannot be forever looking to the future. Tomorrow is the future.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point is that there are not many free agents  with the ability of Hamilton and Greinke. Who are we waiting for ?   And , signing them would still allow us to keep all of our prospects.  Of course , everything comes with a risk.  Sometimes , you have to go for the gold. You cannot be forever looking to the future. Tomorrow is the future.  

[/QUOTE]

but you still have to consider the future. if we break the bank on hamilton and grienke (or just max the payroll really) it will have huge implications on the future, who we are able to sign, trade for and extend. we could end up in the same boat as we were in last offseason where we were extremely limited financially and forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel hoping like hell to hit the jackpot with a reclaimation project. and next time there may not be a new ownership looking to flex its financial muscles and take our biggest contracts. i'm not advocating doing nothing and just waiting around for our prospects to show up. I don't want to be at either end of the spectrum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

moon stole that thought process from me.... I am suing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But both of them carry extra baggage on top of the huge FA risk.  Bad bets, IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Sign FA pitchers : You have $80 M to spend.

Grienke--he knows whether he can pitch here--ask him--if the answer is yes--he 's the #1.

Haren, Marcum, Jackson and Depster--they are the starting rotation.

Trade Lester, Buch, Doubie --keep Lackey at least through ST or the deadline.

Then use some of your prospects and discarded pitchers to solve your corner OF slots and SS.

Sign Pena and Reynolds to platoon at 1 B and PH and perhaps be the DH if Ortiz doesn't recover.

Let's play Ben---this is the plan , make it work--we want to win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sign FA pitchers : You have $80 M to spend.

Grienke--he knows whether he can pitch here--ask him--if the answer is yes--he 's the #1. -Greinke is not an option.  That is a fact.  Move on.

Haren, Marcum, Jackson and Depster--they are the starting rotation. - Yup, the Sox are going to sign a total of 5 free agent starting pitchers and trade their entire current rotation.  That'll happen.  You can't be serious.  I know you seem to like "new and shiny" over what actually makes sense, but this is not reality at all.

Trade Lester, Buch, Doubie --keep Lackey at least through ST or the deadline.  See above.

Then use some of your prospects and discarded pitchers to solve your corner OF slots and SS.  Try to be more specific, here.  Since "trading Lester, Buch and Doubront" isn't happening, this plan doesn't work either. 

Sign Pena and Reynolds to platoon at 1 B and PH and perhaps be the DH if Ortiz doesn't recover.  There are worse options I guess.  I seriously doubt the Sox just gave Ortiz a two year contract if they were overly concerned about recovering from his injury, and since he could've played at the end of last season if the games meant anything, my guess is that he will be fine.  I'm sure the injury was a big part of the physical he took prior to signing the deal.

Let's play Ben---this is the plan , make it work--we want to win.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Any More Non-Tenders....

[/QUOTE]

2 and1/2 Hours till midnight?? You need to get a life .It's only baseball. Lift up the rock your under and make something of yourself......WOW!

Sections
Shortcuts