Must be nice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers?

Pocket change

in Abu Dabi...

Magic will bring big blue back .....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good to see Magic's group get the nod. I think he'll bring back Dodger pride.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Great buy, as the Red Sox spent nearly a half a billion dollars in 3 years for one playoff win. 2 Billion means you own the Dodgers, so that sounds like pretty good value for what was a distressed ownership.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...   the paramedics are on the way...

Softy made a modestly positive post, with only a shaded put down ....

oh, my heart .......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

That mankind will strive for the spirit of truth and it's beauty, as represented in the genuis of J.S. Bach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers?:
    That mankind will strive for the spirit of truth and it's beauty, as represented in the genuis of J.S. Bach.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
    Well, that's some good musical taste anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Kinda makes one wonder what an even wealthier team is worth.....say like the Red Sox. Keep this in mind next season if Henry and the boys try to go cheap on free agents. We in the know will be watching!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : Well, that's some good musical taste anyway.
    Posted by carnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5jtEYe8ik&feature=related

Rock preludes...before we were even around....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? :
    Posted by SinceYaz
    Leave it to you to come up with the one classical composer I like even better than Bach. Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The internet is a wonderful thing...  

watch the talented young fella on the youtube!

From what I understand, he throws a gyro as well as 5 other pitches....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The internet is a wonderful thing...     watch the talented young fella on the youtube!
    Posted by SinceYaz
    The kid played well. Mozart is pretty hard to screw up if you can pull it off. I don't think Mozart ever wrote a bad piece of music. I even like his operas. You might like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_jQBgzU-I

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : The kid played well. Mozart is pretty hard to screw up if you can pull it off. I don't think Mozart ever wrote a bad piece of music. I even like his operas.
    Posted by carnie

I am a poser when it comes to knowing my music.  I appreciate a lot of it, but in an honest conversation, I would be fifth out of four ...(almost a musical pun there)

Odd thing is I am learning more now than ever.  I am leading worship in a little church that has a history of very good music. It's pushing me ...hours and hours of learning each week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : I am a poser when it comes gto knowing my music.  I appreciate a lot of it, but in an honest conversation, I would be fifth out of four ...(almost a musical pun there) Odd thing is I am learning more now than ever.  I am leading worship in a little church that has a historfy of vedry good music. It's pushing me ...hours and hours of learning each week.
    Posted by SinceYaz
    I'm pretty sure you learned a bit about Jerry Reed, Hank, Chet and some of the Nashville cats following the discussions harness and I had last year. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : I'm pretty sure you learned a bit about Jerry Reed, Hank, Chet and some of the Nashville cats following the discussions harness and I had last year.
    Posted by carnie

Yep.  I'm a little bit country.  :oD
    Almost time for harness to come back...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : Yep.  I'm a little bit country.  :oD Almost time for harness to come back...
    Posted by SinceYaz
    I miss that guy, he might be the only person on BDC who's more country than me. Well, devildavid has to be in the running for that title too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : I miss that guy, he might be the only person on BDC who's more country than me. Well, devildavid has to be in the running for that title too.
    Posted by carnie

My in-laws from South Carolina are in a little pocket of folks that think country has sold out.  George Jones was close to as far as they would go.   :o)

No twang, not interested...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : My in-laws from South Carolina are in a little pocket of folks that think country has sold out.  George Jones was close to as far as they would go.   :o) No twang, not interested...
    Posted by SinceYaz
    Your in laws are right. Country has sold out. Hank wouldn't even be able to get airplay nowadays, not to mention Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard or Waylon Jennings. Now watch for softy to come up with something about how the marketplace determines what's good music.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : Your in laws are right. Country has sold out. Hank wouldn't even be able to get airplay nowadays, not to mention Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard or Waylon Jennings. Now watch for softy to come up with something about how the marketplace determines what's good music.
    Posted by carnie

heheee...

(not heehaw)

Hank they love, Jr. they hate, cuz he broke Daddy's heart...

Loved, I should say, very few alive now

Mother-in-law's football fan ... she finally got into "Are you ready for some football?"   Esp if the Cowboys were on...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : heheee...    (not heehaw)    Hank they love, Jr. they hate, cuz he broke Daddy's heart...   Loved, I should say, very few alive now  .        Mother-in-law's football fan ... she finally got into "Are you ready for some football?"   Esp if the Cowboys were on...
    Posted by SinceYaz
    I'm agreed with your Carolinian in laws there too. I love me some Hank. IMNSHO Bocephus couldn't hold his daddy's guitar picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: $2 Billion for the Dodgers? : I'm agreed with your Carolinian in laws there too. I love me some Hank. IMNSHO Bocephus couldn't hold his daddy's guitar picks.
    Posted by carnie

Sho' nuff!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hank Williams will always be a legend in American Music. I may be wrong, but I think he had 40 #1 hit records by the time he died at 28. Kaw-Liga, Jambalaya, Hey Good Looking, Why Don't You Love Me, Move It On Over and the list goes on and on...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hank Williams will always be a legend in American Music. I may be wrong, but I think he had 40 #1 hit records by the time he died at 28. Kaw-Liga, Jambalaya, Hey Good Looking, Why Don't You Love Me, Move It On Over and the list goes on and on...
    Posted by carnie

Wow ...didn't know he had that many... I know some but 40's a lot.
    I gotta sign off, have to finish these donuts.

Enjoyed it, my friend!
    Signing off 4 the night... gotta finish my done

Edit:   If Hank passed at 28, my folks must have THOUGHT Jr would break Daddy's heart.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

McCourt had a $3B deal in place with Fox, MLB prevented him from finalizing it. He cashes out for $2B, pays all his creditors, settles with his ex wife and still controls the parking lots. He got screwed by MLB...the other owners continue to ramp up the paper value of their franchises, the Dodgers appreciated 6 times in eight years, the net effect is owners can borrow against or sell at ridiculous profits. The Players Union continues to miss this side of the revenue stream, it's not the gate, it's not the Network deals, it's the appreciation baby!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Buying a team is a high reward, no risk proposition. The players need to wise up,  a 2% transfer fee/approval, payable to the pension fund ought to be demanded in the next negotiations.

Sections
Shortcuts