2 concerns from last night

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 2 concerns from last night

In response to Eddymon's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Carp gas started 15 games this year batting in the 5th spot and has a .311 BA.

I posted this in another thread but I wouldn't mind Farrell using Bogey instead of Drew (which he should do anyways) but also bat him 5th given that he is a very selective hitter and could really be a spark in that lineup.

Drew has had some success vs Verlander

Maybe go w/ Boggy over Middlebrooks in G3 may spark something

Ells

Vic

Pedey

Ortiz

Nava (1B)

Carp

Drew

Ross????

Boggy

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Seriously man.... we won.... just stop finding things to complain about. I am sure Detroit fans have more to question than we

Yeah, we won. But I would not count on many more victories based on waiting for a grand slam in the eighth inning. This team has to play better from an offensive standpolnt, and Lackey has to pitch the game of his life. The win was a lot of fun, no doubt, but it was a fluke win. If the Red Sox want to beat the Tigers in the series their bats will have to wake up in a big way.

PC...I agree. Ortiz's HR came within a foot or so of being caught and then Salty's foul ball was dropped by Fielder as I'm sure the fans annoyed him.  Our bats need to pick up. We got 3 hits in the first 45 innings of this series and a total of 8 hits in 2 games. Yup, I'm happy and not ungrateful but I am very grateful that our pitching has been fine, especially in relief.

What would have been nice is after Papi's HR, Napoli had hit a HR but he did as he has done frequently lately, struck out. I don't have the stats but I would guess 1/2 his bats are strike outs. Napoli is a real concern and appears worthless and even a waste as a pinch hitter. Maybe, just  maybe, like a blind chipmunk occasionally finds an acorn, he'll hit a game winning HR but I still would not resign him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Catfight...

Meanwhile, my concern is that last nights win, exciting and magical as it was, was a bit of a fluke. Its not something you can count on happening again. A couple conventional wins in Detroit would do exponentially more damage.

Remember the ALCS in 2004?    Flukes can really spark a team.

Thts my hope. My contrast was game 5 in 2008, but the difference there was TB already had three wins under their belt, not so now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Damn EDIT button...I mean 45 at bats(15 Innings) in above post !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Damn EDIT button...I mean 45 at bats(15 Innings) in above post !

Can't delete our own posts, now we can't even edit 'em.  Wonderful technology ain't it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

what is wrong with you man? we have won 90% of the play-off games thus far. SAVE YOUR CRAP FOR A LOSS

Do you own a calculator?

We won 4 games against 2 Loss

4 divided by 6 = 67%

90 is not equal to 67

Seriously man, what's wrong with you? You get can them for like $7.99 at The Shack.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

1)  When Buck was struggling why didn't Farrell or the pitching coach come out to talk w/ him?  Why didn't Salty make ONE visit to the mound himself?

2) We have no one to bat 5th to protect Ortiz in the line up

Actually, we have the 2nd best OPS in the league in the 5-hole.

So, if we don't have anyone protecting Papi, then only one team in the AL has someone protecting their cleanup hitter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Last time we faced Verlander our BP blew the game. (Bailey, Miller). In Detroit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

1)  When Buck was struggling why didn't Farrell or the pitching coach come out to talk w/ him?  Why didn't Salty make ONE visit to the mound himself?

2) We have no one to bat 5th to protect Ortiz in the line up

So, if we don't have anyone protecting Papi, then only one team in the AL has someone protecting their cleanup hitter.

Forget OPS.  Who would you rather face - Naps or VMart?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It was a great game but if you can't learn from your mistakes, then........well.....uh...........BUY A CALCULATOR!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The only real concern was Buchholz. He is not pitching well at all. We need better from him going forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not enough credit for BP last night, not to give any more runs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The only real concern was Buchholz. He is not pitching well at all. We need better from him going forward.

One bad inning really.  He was leaving everything up.  That's why someone should had talked to him.  Who knows what would had happened from there....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Not enough credit for BP last night, not to give any more runs.

Yes, BP wasn't one of my 2 concerns :)

Notice that Morales has been buried.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

There are plenty of concerns.  We're facing a very tough team.  We're very fortunate to be 1-1.  But we have a good shot at winning this too.   

Yes, but by that same measure, couldn't we be 2-0?

In G1, we left 2 on in the 1st and 2nd, bases loaded in the 6th, and a guy on 2nd in the 9th.

So we could be 2-0.  Same with Detroit, StL and LA.  All three teams could be 2-0 or 0-2 real easily.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One bad inning really.  He was leaving everything up.  That's why someone should had talked to him.  Who knows what would had happened from there....

He did the same thing at Tampa. He was getting under the ball, and that allowed it to rise or stay up in the zone. Fatigue is part of it. In Tampa it happened in the 5th, the inning after he threw all those pitches, Zobrist catwalk foul, etc. He may not be at 100% strength just yet. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

No such thing as a man called "in the 5 hole". This is the big stage now, pal. Who is your 5 hole man, v Rays, and in Game 1, 2, and 3 and 4 and 5 of ALCS?

Whoever bats 5th.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

yeah but after only 75 bullets?  fatigue?

He did the same thing at Tampa. He was getting under the ball, and that allowed it to rise or stay up in the zone. Fatigue is part of it. In Tampa it happened in the 5th, the inning after he threw all those pitches, Zobrist catwalk foul, etc. He may not be at 100% strength just yet. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, if only we had Trumbo up 5th!

Sections
Shortcuts