2 Critical Issues Need to be addressed immediately

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

2 Critical Issues Need to be addressed immediately

1)  What is the status of Koji? 

2)  What the heck was Carp doing in that stolen base attempt?  Did he do that on his own?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 2 Critical Issues Need to be addressed immediately

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2)  What the heck was Carp doing in that stolen base attempt?  Did he do that on his own?

[/QUOTE]

Apparently , Farrell called for the stolen base attempt. Obviously a mistake. No update yet on Koji. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   21h

That was a straight steal attempt by Carp amazingly enough. Stuff that worked last year isn't so far this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

so that's conflicting info - who called for the steal?

and that was just plain stupid....we can't score runs unless it leaves the park and w/ 2 outs and finally a rally you send one of your slowest players in a straight steal attempt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

so that's conflicting info - who called for the steal?

and that was just plain stupid....we can't score runs unless it leaves the park and w/ 2 outs and finally a rally you send one of your slowest players in a straight steal attempt?

I think Pete Abe was alluding to, it may have been a blown sign. Farrell said he called it. He said it was a risk, but decided to take it, to get the runner in scoring position, down 2 in the 7th, for the tie. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Everything came together last year for a lot of average players. management thought they were going to catch lightning in a bottle twice back to back. This team cannot punch its way out of a paper bag and Luchinno decides that this is the year we are going to sit back and say "Boy We Were Great Last Year".  Bad move and it reeks of cheap management.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everything came together last year for a lot of average players. management thought they were going to catch lightning in a bottle twice back to back. This team cannot punch its way out of a paper bag and Luchinno decides that this is the year we are going to sit back and say "Boy We Were Great Last Year".  Bad move and it reeks of cheap management.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if some of the posters on here are a sample, many fans are willing to accept that. Any criticism of management will quickly get you vilified.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, if some of the posters on here are a sample, many fans are willing to accept that. Any criticism of management will quickly get you vilified.

[/QUOTE]

Dgalehouse Thanks, I am a former Army Officer who served in Iraq, not a kool aid drinker. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I would think getting that 1 run in was way more important than getting 2

Going into to the 8th down by 1 w/ that pen I would take my chances

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dgalehouse Thanks, I am a former Army Officer who served in Iraq, not a kool aid drinker. 

[/QUOTE]

• Yeah. The way I look at it is, every season is a new journey. I am grateful for last year, but that doesn't mean I am okay with losing this year. You should always try to improve. That is true in business, the military, baseball and in just about everything. Cold beer is great. Kool Aid is not. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I still have hope for this team but they really need to win tonight

TONIGHT is worth TWO GAMES in the standings. I hope JF and the players realize that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• Yeah. The way I look at it is, every season is a new journey. I am grateful for last year, but that doesn't mean I am okay with losing this year. You should always try to improve. That is true in business, the military, baseball and in just about everything. Cold beer is great. Kool Aid is not. 

[/QUOTE]

100 percent agree with you. Always try to-improve not sit pat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When Vic and WMB come back I like the line up

1 Boggy, R, SS

2 JBJ, L, CF

3 Pedey, R, 2B

4 Ortiz, L, DH

5 Naps, R, 1B

6 Sizemore, L, LF

7)  Vic, S/R, RF

8)  WMB, R, 3B

9)  AJP, L, C

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

TONIGHT is worth TWO GAMES in the standings. I hope JF and the players realize that.

[/QUOTE]

I think we have a good shot tonight. Doubront has struggled, but I think a lefty is a better matchup against the Yankees lineup. The Sox should be able to score a few off of Nova. At least we got a break missing Tanaka in this series. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really weak.  People, including myself, have rebutted you on your criticisms of the Red Sox offseason and asked you what you would have done differently.  They have put forth their explanations of why the team did what they did or didn't do.  You have hardly been 'vilified'. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we have a good shot tonight. Doubront has struggled, but I think a lefty is a better matchup against the Yankees lineup. The Sox should be able to score a few off of Nova. At least we got a break missing Tanaka in this series. 

[/QUOTE]

this is the weakest of the pitching match-ups.  odds are to expect a slug fest but with baseball on Sunday Night ESPN - anything is possible.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   21h

That was a straight steal attempt by Carp amazingly enough. Stuff that worked last year isn't so far this season.

[/QUOTE]

that's the srory I am buying.  I doubt JF called for the steal.  Either way, dumb move when a rally is under way and Xander is up at bat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really weak.  People, including myself, have rebutted you on your criticisms of the Red Sox offseason and asked you what you would have done differently.  They have put forth their explanations of why the team did what they did or didn't do.  You have hardly been 'vilified'. 

[/QUOTE]

Asking me what I would have done differently was meaningless. Every name that I mentioned was shot down. So, why ask?  I still think that something should have been done during the off season to improve the club. I do believe that our play so far shows that to be true. Can we turn it around? I sincerely hope so. But please don't tell me that we could not have used Tanaka in the rotation. Or a Nava/Gomes platoon is better than a Beltran. Among other things. If you don't think we needed to acquire at least one impact player, okay. I do. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   21h

[/QUOTE]

that's the srory I am buying.  I doubt JF called for the steal.  Either way, dumb move when a rally is under way and Xander is up at bat.

[/QUOTE]

Farrell said that he called for it.  I would believe that more than Carp running on his own. The guy is not a base stealer. If it was Victorino running, I could see it. But Carp?  It was a mistake. Farrell can make mistakes , as can everyone. Girardi made one by leaving Thornton in.  We lost because Lackey was leaving the ball up in the zone , and the Yankee hitters jumped all over it. That is a recipe for disaster in Yankee Stadium. That has been true for many, many years. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Asking me what I would have done differently was meaningless. Every name that I mentioned was shot down. So, why ask?  I still think that something should have been done during the off season to improve the club. I do believe that our play so far shows that to be true. Can we turn it around? I sincerely hope so. But please don't tell me that we could not have used Tanaka in the rotation. Or a Nava/Gomes platoon is better than a Beltran. Among other things. If you don't think we needed to acquire at least one impact player, okay. I do. 

[/QUOTE]

If we win tonight's game we'll be dead even with the Yankees that you keep saying are so greatly improved, and, if the Rays score holds up, one game behind in the division.  Obviously it's a 50/50 proposition that we win tonight, but it does illustrate the fact you are over-reacting to early season results.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree.  You root for a team all your life then this ownership group comes in at the start of the 2st century and just refuses to spend money.  They don't spend money on the team.  They dont invest in the ballpark.  And we have to settle for a team that can barely win 3 champioships in 10 years.  Just cheap management. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If we win tonight's game we'll be dead even with the Yankees that you keep saying are so greatly improved, and, if the Rays score holds up, one game behind in the division.  Obviously it's a 50/50 proposition that we win tonight, but it does illustrate the fact you are over-reacting to early season results.

[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what. When we reach July and the team has turned it around, I will admit that I was wrong. If we reach July, and the team is still struggling, will you admit that I was right? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll tell you what. When we reach July and the team has turned it around, I will admit that I was wrong. If we reach July, and the team is still struggling, will you admit that I was right? 

[/QUOTE]

If we miss the playoffs I'll admit you were right, unless it's obviously because of a high number of injuries.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Hey, after 18,000 + posts, you know that you can't ask those critical questions !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Here's the concern:

We won the division last year b/c we beat up on the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Against everyone else, we played .500 ball.  Right now, we are playing sub-500 ball vs the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Small sample size but enough of a point to be concerned.