2 Critical Issues Need to be addressed immediately

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 2 Critical Issues Need to be addressed immediately

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1)  What is the status of Koji? 

2)  What the heck was Carp doing in that stolen base attempt?  Did he do that on his own?

[/QUOTE]Hey, after 18,000 + posts, you know that you can't ask those critical questions !!

[/QUOTE]

18,000 w/ taking about 2 years off in between posts!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

1 is most  definitely a critical question. 2, not so much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2)  What the heck was Carp doing in that stolen base attempt?  Did he do that on his own?

[/QUOTE]Hey, after 18,000 + posts, you know that you can't ask those critical questions !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are a good man, welcome back !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everything came together last year for a lot of average players. management thought they were going to catch lightning in a bottle twice back to back. This team cannot punch its way out of a paper bag and Luchinno decides that this is the year we are going to sit back and say "Boy We Were Great Last Year".  Bad move and it reeks of cheap management.

I have to agree.  You root for a team all your life then this ownership group comes in at the start of the 2st century and just refuses to spend money.  They don't spend money on the team.  They dont invest in the ballpark.  And we have to settle for a team that can barely win 3 champioships in 10 years.  Just cheap management. 

[/QUOTE]

hey superstar, I am grateful for the championships but I have seen this team go cheap on picking up players like in 2006' 2009, and this year as well. team needed a hitter not Danile Nava after a career year. let's not no ball Lester with a bad offer when we made a lot of money last year. Thats what I call being cheap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1 is most  definitely a critical question. 2, not so much.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah? ask Steve Lyons about critical question #2........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are a good man, welcome back !!!

[/QUOTE]

thank you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Everything came together last year for a lot of average players. management thought they were going to catch lightning in a bottle twice back to back. This team cannot punch its way out of a paper bag and Luchinno decides that this is the year we are going to sit back and say "Boy We Were Great Last Year".  Bad move and it reeks of cheap management.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if some of the posters on here are a sample, many fans are willing to accept that. Any criticism of management will quickly get you vilified.

[/QUOTE]

Dgalehouse Thanks, I am a former Army Officer who served in Iraq, not a kool aid drinker. 

[/QUOTE]

Very weak.

Someone disagrees with you and you have to resort to name-calling. If you were an army officer, I would think you'd be better than that and could have an intelligent discussion of the issue.

The Sox have new players at C, SS, CF possibly LF, and around four bullpen arms. That's hardly sitting still. Just because you don't like the moves doesn't mean they sat still. It's the ultimate in shallow thinking to thing payroll has anything to do with success and even more idiotic to say that management went cheap when they have one of the top payrolls in baseball.

So far, AJ is producing. Sizemore, obstensibly Ellsbury's replacement, is producing so they're getting production from the two positions they let go because they were "cheap."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree.  You root for a team all your life then this ownership group comes in at the start of the 2st century and just refuses to spend money.  They don't spend money on the team.  They dont invest in the ballpark.  And we have to settle for a team that can barely win 3 champioships in 10 years.  Just cheap management. 

[/QUOTE]

hey superstar, I am grateful for the championships but I have seen this team go cheap on picking up players like in 2006' 2009, and this year as well. team needed a hitter not Danile Nava after a career year.

[/QUOTE]

And how did emptying the vault work out in 2011 and 2012?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, if some of the posters on here are a sample, many fans are willing to accept that. Any criticism of management will quickly get you vilified.

Dgalehouse Thanks, I am a former Army Officer who served in Iraq, not a kool aid drinker. 

[/QUOTE]

Very weak.

Someone disagrees with you and you have to resort to name-calling. If you were an army officer, I would think you'd be better than that and could have an intelligent discussion of the issue.

The Sox have new players at C, SS, CF possibly LF, and around four bullpen arms. That's hardly sitting still. Just because you don't like the moves doesn't mean they sat still. It's the ultimate in shallow thinking to thing payroll has anything to do with success and even more idiotic to say that management went cheap when they have one of the top payrolls in baseball.

So far, AJ is producing. Sizemore, obstensibly Ellsbury's replacement, is producing so they're getting production from the two positions they let go because they were "cheap."

[/QUOTE]
    I did not resort to name calling.
    Do not rip me because I have a different opinion than you do. This is why we have freedom of  in this country, although with the current administration, I am not sure how long that is going to last.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey superstar, I am grateful for the championships but I have seen this team go cheap on picking up players like in 2006' 2009, and this year as well. team needed a hitter not Danile Nava after a career year.

[/QUOTE]

With all the complaints that people have had about what the Sox should have done in the off season, that is the only one I can agree with.  I like Nava.  He is a great story.  He does get on base, but I do think he can do that on for a 500 PA season year in and year out.  Just my take.  However, I would not have spent the money to over pay for Ellsbury or Choo.  It may turn out that a Sizemore, Bradley, Victorino OF with Nava as the 4th may turn out to be very good.  I have always stated I take the season as it goes.  I know it is a long season and your team cannot win every year.  I just want it to be entertaining, for the team to compete while building towards a future.  I think this team can compete this year and in the future. 

The Sox went the big spending route in 2011.  The breaking up of that team is what led to last year.  You can't just spend for the sake of spending.  You have to look at how the pieces fit, what is coming up. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently , Farrell called for the stolen base attempt. Obviously a mistake. No update yet on Koji. 

[/QUOTE]

Farrell making mistakes on the field is not a surprise. His strength is in the clubhouse. As I've  stated previously, it appears being good in the clubhouse is more important than being a good field manager. Francona and Farrell have made this apparent. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   21h

That was a straight steal attempt by Carp amazingly enough. Stuff that worked last year isn't so far this season.

[/QUOTE]

that's the srory I am buying.  I doubt JF called for the steal.  Either way, dumb move when a rally is under way and Xander is up at bat.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Does Farrell strike you as an excellent field manager?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very weak.

[/QUOTE]
    I did not resort to name calling.
    Do not rip me because I have a different opinion than you do. This is why we have freedom of  in this country, although with the current administration, I am not sure how long that is going to last.

[/QUOTE]

You're the one who threw out "kool-aid drinker" to describe those who didn't agree with you.

And how did I rip you? What -- do you consider someone who expresses a different opinion "ripping you." I was -- for lack of a better word -- attacking your opinion, which is what a message board is for.

I expressed why I thought you were wrong with the statements "just sitting around" and "cheap management." Is that ripping you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With all the complaints that people have had about what the Sox should have done in the off season, that is the only one I can agree with.  I like Nava.  He is a great story.  He does get on base, but I do think he can do that on for a 500 PA season year in and year out.  Just my take.  However, I would not have spent the money to over pay for Ellsbury or Choo.  It may turn out that a Sizemore, Bradley, Victorino OF with Nava as the 4th may turn out to be very good.  I have always stated I take the season as it goes.  I know it is a long season and your team cannot win every year.  I just want it to be entertaining, for the team to compete while building towards a future.  I think this team can compete this year and in the future. 

The Sox went the big spending route in 2011.  The breaking up of that team is what led to last year.  You can't just spend for the sake of spending.  You have to look at how the pieces fit, what is coming up. 

[/QUOTE]

Problem is that you had to replace the production of Saltalamachia's and Ellsbury and I do not think that they did. JBJ is not a proven commodity and has not done anything yet to say he is an adequate replacement for Ellsbury. I would have traded for Stanton on the Marlins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

2001 - 2007 Boston was 2nd in payroll except 2003 (6th).  2008 4th.  2009 4th.  2010 2nd.  2011 3rd.  2012 3rd.  2013 4th.  This year 4th. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Problem is that you had to replace the production of Saltalamachia's and Ellsbury and I do not think that they did. JBJ is not a proven commodity and has not done anything yet to say he is an adequate replacement for Ellsbury. I would have traded for Stanton on the Marlins.

[/QUOTE]

Considering that Bradley is only playing right now because of Victorino's injury, it's Sizemore who is replacing Ellsbury.

Ellsbury: .372 BA, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 6 R, .879 OPS

Sizemore: .333 BA 2 HR, 4 RBI, 4 R, .994 OPS

For now, it seems as if the Sox more than have an adequate replacement for Ellsbury.

As for Stanton, you're assuming the Marlins want to trade him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

ots of people have been in the army.  Who asked for the political analysis?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury's production is deceiving.  His OPS was not one of the top 5 on the team.  He is a different kind of player that relies on speed.  You can't replace him player for player.  Many on this board were ripping Salty up and down last year.  I think AJ is an adequate replacement until Vazquez is ready next year.  I have no problem with that.  I still feel the Sox will be one of the top offenses in the league by the end of the year.  With the pitching they have, they will compete all season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's the concern:

We won the division last year b/c we beat up on the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Against everyone else, we played .500 ball.  Right now, we are playing sub-500 ball vs the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Small sample size but enough of a point to be concerned.

[/QUOTE]

That's way wrong.  13-6 vs. NYY, 14-6 vs. NL, 70-53 vs. everyone else.

70-53 is a .569 pct., equivalent to a 92-70 record.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the concern:

We won the division last year b/c we beat up on the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Against everyone else, we played .500 ball.  Right now, we are playing sub-500 ball vs the pathetic yankees and the NL.  Small sample size but enough of a point to be concerned.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Facts are always ignored by blind idealogues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Volume = insight? Really? An endorsement from Bill-806 is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot to list 2 critical issues.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   32m

Uehara threw and felt better than expected. Going to Boston to get checked. But expected to rejoin the team in Chicago. #redsox

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Volume = insight? Really? An endorsement from Bill-806 is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

[/QUOTE]Thats what you think !!!     Just for the record,  BDC thinks highly of DAD & Bill-806 !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the concern:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice stats