2 more years (at least) of Selig

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

2 more years (at least) of Selig

I bloody knew the owners wouldn't let him go. So, anyone wanna take bets about how many times he'll say he's going to retire? Will he surpass the immortal flip-flopper Brett Favre?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: 2 more years (at least) of Selig

18 million per year, why would he retire?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

At least he is not Goddell or maybe he is an older version????????????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Joy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

He sold the integrity of the game, by turning a blind eye to PED'S. He is a fraud who would do anything for the almighty dollar.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: 2 more years (at least) of Selig:
    In Response to Re: 2 more years (at least) of Selig : what & when did you want him to do shut down the game again when there was no plubic support for that at that time "I'm not sure exactly what you'd say was Bud's crime? I mean, what was he supposed to do?" former commissioner Fay Vincent said. "He has no magic wand. He has got to work with owners. He has to work with the union."
    Posted by pinstripezac

If he really cared about the game, then yes I expected him to LEAD the investigation into PED'S not wait to be pushed by politicians. Think about this, politicians, the all time sell-outs of any generation have more integrity than Bud Selig, enough said.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What might have been if Bart didn't pass away so suddenly

Selig is a P O S, period.......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The winner of the all-star game home team in the WS??

Bud is such an innovative great thinker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: 2 more years (at least) of Selig : of course he cares about the game just what does 'LEAD the investigation ' mean and WHEN  should he have done so
    Posted by pinstripezac

He should have done something by the late nineties, by then it was obvious something was tilting the playing field to offense that was unmatched in the history of the game. Bud has the biggest stick in all of sports, with the 'best interest of baseball' clause. He should have mandated drug testing, and let the union take him to court. Even if he lost in court, the battle of public opinion would have been overwhelming for MLB. IMO that would have forced some sort of compromise and testing would have started at least 5 years earlier. What really bugs me about Selig is the MLB PR machine that lays the PED'S solely on the union, there SGT Schultz 'I knew nothing' routine is insulting to any one with a brain.Please don't tell me you buy the notion that Bud and his cronies knew nothing of ongoing PED useage.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: 2 more years (at least) of Selig : that is so lame  you how creative was every other yr was that really better ? really who cares but the players seem to like it and if it makes the game a tad more interesting 4 some .........what's not to like
    Posted by pinstripezac

Ranks right up there with the All Star game that Bud ended with a tie.

So much to like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

dan I don't  believe he could of started testing by using the  'best interest of baseball'  otherwise why would the last commish say that '' bud had no magic wand '' it's all about the CBA nor do I agree he had the public support at that time he did try to get testing during the CBA negotiations   but had to back off to keep the game going   which is really all I evered cared about you have to remember there was zero trust between the players and owners at that time       What really bugs me about Selig is the MLB PR machine that lays the PED'S solely on the union, there SGT Schultz 'I knew nothing' routine is insulting to any one with a brain.Please don't tell me you buy the notion that Bud and his cronies knew nothing of ongoing PED useage.  it's not about '' not knowing''  sorry but it was about the union and the non users not standing up today bud has the best testing in all of am sports but said he could of never done it if it wasn't for the players pushing for it today   did he handle this the best way possible ? probably not dan but there was no easy way that would of saved BB from hurting bud got it done when BB was strong not sure what another strike in the late 90's would have done to mlb after the worse strike in am sports ( no WS)  just a few yrs earlier
    Posted by pinstripezac

Zac, Right on the $. I believe he's done a very good job. I'm all good w/ Interleague play [brought more interest], Wild Card [just look at last year] races not decided til last day, and Revenue sharing/draft slotting compensation has done a good job of trying to make more competitive balance for lower revenue teams. Who thought we see a year wher RS/ Yanks were quiet while Marlins are spending like drunken sailors. But the best thing that Selig has done is that we finally have labor peace. How quietly has the last round of talks been? Something I did not think I would see in my lifetime. Selig has earned every dime owners have given him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to 2 more years (at least) of Selig:
    I bloody knew the owners wouldn't let him go. So, anyone wanna take bets about how many times he'll say he's going to retire? Will he surpass the immortal flip-flopper Brett Favre?
    Posted by Heff-17

Hate this and hate Selig.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The cost of labor peace of course appeasing the players union.

I know of few people at the time of homerun derby season of McGwire and Sosa who were not in disbelief at the possibility of that both players were using PEDs.

And from the player's perspective why not? There was no enforcement no punishment.

It was like being bound watching a good friend being murdered. Bud Selig sat idly by and continues to today. When will we have routine in-season blood testing for HGH Bud?

When this era is looked back upon by future generations it will be done so as the generation of cheating, of rampant use of performance enhancing drugs and with as much scorn as the era of the Black Sox Scandal.

All the records achieved suspect, even those set by hardworking clean players and it's unfair that it will be that way.

Union peace, the wild card, winner of the All-Star game homefield advantage all small potatoes from a small man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

dan I don't  believe he could of started testing by using the  'best interest of baseball'  otherwise why would the last commish say that '' bud had no magic wand '' it's all about the CBA nor do I agree he had the public support at that time he did try to get testing during the CBA negotiations   but had to back off to keep the game going   which is really all I evered cared about you have to remember there was zero trust between the players and owners at that time       What really bugs me about Selig is the MLB PR machine that lays the PED'S solely on the union, there SGT Schultz 'I knew nothing' routine is insulting to any one with a brain.Please don't tell me you buy the notion that Bud and his cronies knew nothing of ongoing PED useage.  it's not about '' not knowing''  sorry but it was about the union and the non users not standing up today bud has the best testing in all of am sports but said he could of never done it if it wasn't for the players pushing for it today   did he handle this the best way possible ? probably not dan but there was no easy way that would of saved BB from hurting bud got it done when BB was strong not sure what another strike in the late 90's would have done to mlb after the worse strike in am sports ( no WS)  just a few yrs earlier
    Posted by pinstripezac

You make a compelling arguement, but still I disagree, he did have the big stick, but was afraid to use it, it probably would have cost him his job, as ownership was getting the dividend of added attendance, I maintain if Bush didn't get involved there still wouldn't be any drug teating and someone would have hit 80 homers by now, but I digress. The commishioners of other sports have shown greater leadership, Stern by blocking the Chris Paul trade, and Goodell by giving out fines and suspensions that are far greater than his predecessor. I just find Bud to be a complete phony, who continually insults my intelligence.

Sections
Shortcuts