2 - Stupid champagne celebrations by Red Sox!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: 2 - Stupid champagne celebrations by Red Sox!!

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

What does it matter? You say it is over the top. Then what is OK? They just did something that 28 teams won't do move on to the AL/NL pennant game. Are they supposed to just go and have a beer and a cigar? Would it be OK if it were just beer or soda being sprayed around?

They just played 162 games and moved on what is wrong with letting them have some fun.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

They can and will do whatever they want but I think it's a bit overdone.  No big deal, just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

It didn't bother me at all, you swear all these guys are rookies and don't realize how important the next series is. Some of these vets haven't experienced this before, it's almost a completely new new team and one that was in last place last year. I am glad the relaxed up and had some fun, TVs and phones are everywhere so no matter how low key some of you would like it to be...it would be discovered and reported.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

I don't get it...the Red Sox have had two celebrations this year with plastic draped lockers, ski goggles and champagne sprayed all over the locker room......

Why??  They haven't won anything yet.  It's beyond juvenile and makes them look like a bunch of amateurs.  Yes they've had a good year but these past wins are just stepping stones....

It's embarrassing to watch them spray champagne all over themselves when they haven't won a World Series. 

It's like wanting to have a baby and then buying cigars and champagne and inviting your family over when you find out your wife is simply ovulating.....

Wow!  Somebody needs to get a life!  Unbelievable!  This clown can't be from Boston, let alone being a sports fan in general. 

The comradery was so evident, albeit somewhat juvenile....  but only a real stick in the mud would begrudge these guys a little silly celebration. 

The big picture, for any real Sox fan, was to see such a TIGHT KNIT group of guys celebrating together, as a unit.  Letting loose after putting their hearts & souls into a very gueling season, much of which is spent away from their families.  These guys become a family unto themselves.  Some are immature.  Others are great role models.  They let their hair down together.  Get the ___________ over it!  Sox fan?  I think not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

It didn't bother me at all, you swear all these guys are rookies and don't realize how important the next series is. Some of these vets haven't experienced this before, it's almost a completely new new team and one that was in last place last year. I am glad the relaxed up and had some fun, TVs and phones are everywhere so no matter how low key some of you would like it to be...it would be discovered and reported.

Yes there are some veterans in the group, and yes it is pretty special of an experience for the youngsters, but for the veterans it may not happen all that often over a long career so they appreciate even more. So many times I've heard from veteran players who were lucky to win it all in their sport as a rookie expecting it to happen the next year and many times over a career and only later on in their career when they may not have gone back to the playoffs or WS, they realized how lucky they were as a rookie. So I don't blame the veterans for being over the top in the celebrations because they realize as Jim from Florida said it took 162 games to make it that far, and they may never get a chance to celebrate again.  

Just my thoughts !!

Hetch

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ArsenalTown's comment:

Hetch, did you ever think of sending an email to Teresa Hanafin at Hanafin@boston.com or Hanafin.Globe in order to stop this fraternity? It is a close knit that really aren't Red Sox fans and it should be stopped.  You are wasting your time arguing with the foxes who are guarding the chicken coop.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

I think Xmas is overdone. just my opinion.

I was in Lowe's yesterday and they had Christmas trees and decorations up already ... on Oct. 8, three weeks before flippin' Halloween!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to manosome's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Xmas is overdone. just my opinion.

I was in Lowe's yesterday and they had Christmas trees and decorations up already ... on Oct. 8, three weeks before flippin' Halloween!

[/QUOTE]

grinch was right.jpg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

I don't remember a big celebration after sweeping the Angels in the 2007 ALDS.  Even the on-field celebration was like a normal regular season win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to crix's comment:

I don't remember a big celebration after sweeping the Angels in the 2007 ALDS.  Even the on-field celebration was like a normal regular season win.

If it was me, I'd be a little more subdued, maybe have a couple of beers in the hotel.  But why would I care if someone else wants to celebrate?  I have no idea why the OP wants to rain on their parade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

If it was me, I'd be a little more subdued, maybe have a couple of beers in the hotel.  But why would I care if someone else wants to celebrate?  I have no idea why the OP wants to rain on their parade.

[/QUOTE]

Of course, I never quite understood why we had to stop grown men from having a beer after a game last year either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

grinch was right.jpg

Nah. Just don't start it until at least mid-November.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yeah, but who cares? They've been busting their tails since February. If they want to celebrate and act like kids, it's well deserved  in my book.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

I don't get it...the Red Sox have had two celebrations this year with plastic draped lockers, ski goggles and champagne sprayed all over the locker room......

Why??  They haven't won anything yet.  It's beyond juvenile and makes them look like a bunch of amateurs.  Yes they've had a good year but these past wins are just stepping stones....

It's embarrassing to watch them spray champagne all over themselves when they haven't won a World Series. 

It's like wanting to have a baby and then buying cigars and champagne and inviting your family over when you find out your wife is simply ovulating.....

Are you honestly having a cow over this or are you simply menstruating?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Yeah, but who cares? They've been busting their tails since February. If they want to celebrate and act like kids, it's well deserved  in my book.

I agree and by the looks of it so do the Cardinals.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I saw a house that I like online and made an appointment to see it....of course I don't own it yet but maybe I should spray myslef with champagne simply because I have a pre-approval letter!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it dude. Just the fact that THIS issue is what came to mind after a win like last night shows theres no way youre a real Sox fan. Go away.

too bad that his mother didnt know that he skip school to stay home and play with the computer at the same time to post so many whining messages!!  

Yes go away, little kid.  Get back in school!

You really need an english tutor to help you with your posts.  I haven't seen so many grammar errors since grading my first grader's papers.

[/QUOTE]

He has said on this board that he is deaf when other posters went after him. Posters who concentrate on such little details, and not what is actually being said are the ones IMO who are off. You never know what anyone's situation is. If you're so concerned about grammar, you must not even be watching the games.

That is ALL games in the playoffs btw, because they've all been fantastic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I saw a house that I like online and made an appointment to see it....of course I don't own it yet but maybe I should spray myslef with champagne simply because I have a pre-approval letter!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you should spray yourself with champagne because you might be able to afford it. Go see the people who worked all their lives and might lose their homes. Maybe invite them over to drink champage with you. .... The sox are celebrating for all the fans who an enjoy baseball .Our team our celebration and if it bothers you... Hope your new home is in New York......Get it ????

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I agree and by the looks of it so do the Cardinals.

Yup ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Rays were a great team and the team to beat in MLB. You can't blame the 180 million a year band of brothers for popping the champagne and celebrating after capturing the ALDS title win over the A's. It's a big moment that brings a banner and a lot of pride for a Union brotherhood who did the job they were paid to do, their own way and for one another. It was moving.

[/QUOTE]

John Lackey seen having beer in clubhouse during celebration. OMG!  Start the investigation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Apparently the Tigers, Dodgers and Cards also have stupid celebrations.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty useless thread. Every team has celebrated after advancing. The Sox are no different.

Your buying a house comparison is also pretty lame. enjoy the win.