200 Win PR Stint Should be Ova! Pull the Plug and Release Tim Wastefield!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

200 Win PR Stint Should be Ova! Pull the Plug and Release Tim Wastefield!!!!

Give Wastefield a chance to be scooped up by a playoff team. A team that needs an innings eater who can keep his team in the game and is a great citizen. A team that will hold a big celebration if Wastefield ever gets 200 win personal milestone.

It isn't fair to Wastefield to keep pulling him in and out of the pen. Allow the other playoff teams to scoop up Wastefield and keep him in the position where his HOF career shows he's one of the best ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: 200 Win PR Stint Should be Ova! Pull the Plug and Release Tim Wastefield!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: 200 Win PR Stint Should be Ova! Pull the Plug and Release Tim Wastefield!!!!

Wastefield looks so spry that I think he'll get 300 wins, if Theo will just give him a 10 year contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn so much negativity about Wakefield.  You guys treat him as if he is a North Korean spy.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

#1 Injured
    #2 Pitching well, and healthy
    #3 Injured
    #4 Terrible
    #5 Terrible
    #6 See #'s 4 and 5 above.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Burrito, that's where the Wastefield factor comes in. Staff is injured and Wastefield has been eating innings and keeping Red Sox in division homefield advantage race. Thank goodness Theo didn't release Wastefield because the Red Sox sould be stuck without a dependable starter and innings eater and they wouldn't be able to stay in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Attention 2004 enlistees: We're done in the first round with these "arms."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Re: 200 Win PR Stint Should be Ova! Pull the Plug and Release Tim Wastefield!!!!:
    [QUOTE]#1 Injured #2 Pitching well, and healthy #3 Injured #4 Terrible #5 Terrible #6 See #'s 4 and 5 above.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Im a bit lost on 3, 4, and 5, whereever Bedard and Miller are id take them ahead of Old Man Wakefield. Bedard and Beckett are apparently missing one start each so hardly long term injury worries right now.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It should be worrisome. The Sox brass have misled the media and the fans on numerous occasions concerning small and insignificant injuries to key players.

Beckett and Bedard can afford to miss no more than 2 starts before the play-offs. Neither has been dominant enough just to hit the mound cold in a must win play-off game. 

I think a healthy Bedard can be counted on to pitch well but Lackey and Miller are as likely to give up 7 runs as to give up 2. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

wait a minute, shouldn't you be attending to the poor old spankee for failing pick up a game against the lowly oriole?

why are you here? you can't call anything right in baseball...nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

So here's the team with its #1, #3, & #4 pitchers out with injuries so they ask Wake to take his 4.95 ERA out and see what he can do.

He goes out tonight and does about what you'd expect him to do.  5IP, 3ER, Game Era of 5.4 as compared to his 4.95 ERA going into tonite.  He leaves after 5 full innings with an 8-5 lead and giving his team a chance to win.

The BP implodes, Bard walks in the tieing and lead runs and after the game Wake has this to say *courtesy of the WEEI website:

"I struggled the first three innings throwing strikes and put a lot of pressure on those guys from the sixth on to the ninth," he said. "I'll take the blame for not getting deeper into the game to give those guys a little bit of rest.

What more is it realistic to ask for from the guy?

And after the game we have two consecutive threads from The Great Softheaded One criticizing Wake.

Give it up.  It's old.  It's meaningless.  You're either preaching to the choir or what you're saying is falling on deaf ears.  Either way it's old and tiresome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

As the above poster says, Wastefield gave his team a chance to win and ate innings. He then took the blame, when it wasn't his fault. Wastefield did his job. The others failed him. The law of averages are in Wastefield's favor, so expect win #200 in Fenway in another 5 days and a tip of Timmy's hat. Expect another contract for Timmy and another team focus on getting Timmy by Roger and Cy and into the HOF. This team has won WS, so regardless of team outcome, the highlight will be Timmy Wakefield tipping his hat after a grand slam and after getting personal career number 200 wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The sad thing is that for all the people saying Tim is still highly valuable is that for a fact he will be left off the play-off roster.

I have always liked Tim, and even thought he could come back this year - but its over and at least I can see that I was wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No team will have any interest in Tim Wastefield FA. He will get nothing more than a near minimum contract or a minor league contract. He has no chance of being on the playoff roster, even though management likes to booster seat him.

If Wastefield wasn't 46 in 2012, teams might take a chance on getting him to be a sleeper. But he is 45. The writing on the wall has been there for over 2 years. The only team willing to booster seat Timmy is PR seeking Red Sox management. Any other team would have pulled the plug on him by now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

save him for last 3 against orioles when it won't matter

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I have to agree, using Wakefield as opposed to a batting tee is a much better idea.  I like Tim.  Great guy, always takes one for the team.  Pitched bad enough to win last night. 

But I would rather see some young pup from Pawtucket in there getting experience than Wakefield throwing wild pitches, hitting guys, and giving up easy runs. 

Yes, he should have won last night.  Geez, bard choked big time on that bone, he does not look like a closer to me.  The pressure was on to get Wake his 200th and Bard absolutely sucked.  In fact, he sucked worse than Fat Alberts - who also sucked. 

But let us be patient, our team will make the playoffs, they are starting to hit again, last night had to be the low point of this recent slump.  

Bye bye Wake, you were a great player and we appreciate your services.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyGilligan. Show JohnnyGilligan's posts

Look back over the years at all he's contribute to the Sox and what a valuable asset he has been. You refer to him as "Wastefield"? You are not a fan of the Red Sox or the game of baseball. Do you think he's not trying to win? Do you think he should just quit on his team?

Tim Wakefield is a class act and has done everything asked of him by the Red Sox. He works for practically nothing compared to most MLB salaries and NEVER complains. He is a great teammate and he turns a good share of his salary over to New England charities.

Tim Wakefield is by far, my favorite Red Sox player just for his attitude and character alone. He has served our team well for 17 years and you bad mouth him as he were Eric Gagne joining the team for one season of suck. Shame on you haters!

I'm sure you'll be gone and jumping on the winning team's bandwagon if the Sox don't win the world series in 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Maybe we should trade Wakefield for the hard throwing Brandon Morrow of the Jays. He showed how much better a young, hard throwing pitcher is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Half of you guys are right about there is no one else can replace Wakefield.  If you want to replace Wakefield, then we should replace Miller and Bedard!!!!  

I think Tito now have no choice after seeing Beckett is going to miss at least one start.  

I do not want to move Aceves out of bullpen to replace someone else.  We need to save him for the postseason especially he would be an excellent middle reliever!!

Come on guys.  Losing Buchultz and Dice K have hurted the team especially this time of the year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You have nothing to offer as a poster other than to make the Red Sox blog boring and annoying. This leads me to postulate that you may have nothing to offer as a human being. Prove me wrong.

I don't need to postulate to know you are Tim Wastefield. Hey Tim, how does it feel to be about to be kicked out of playing MLB....................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Someone should pull the plug on softlaw's computer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Someone should pull the plug on devil's foodstamps.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Someone should pull the plug on devil's foodstamps

Now there's some real wit! Or was it satire?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Pull the plug on a computer is right up there with the best matching of wits. Did you just come up with that...........................

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I've been hoarding all my foodstamps until the fast food lobby gets them to be accepted at their fine establishments. Can't wait! 

Sections
Shortcuts