2003-2004, NOMAR misread the NEW OWNERSHIP, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" ???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: 2003-2004, NOMAR misread the NEW OWNERSHIP,

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Perhaps he didn't read the MEMO, the SOX had NEW OWNERS and as such, it was not going to be BUSINESS as usual for the worker-bees known as ball players.......  I do not remember all the circumstances or injuries, but he was having trouble staying on the field and there seemed to be an attitude to boot......   I don't think that he expected THEO to pull the TRIGGER, but he did and the "REST IS HISTORY !!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?????

What on earth did I just read???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Perhaps he didn't read the MEMO, the SOX had NEW OWNERS and as such, it was not going to be BUSINESS as usual for the worker-bees known as ball players.......  I do not remember all the circumstances or injuries, but he was having trouble staying on the field and there seemed to be an attitude to boot......   I don't think that he expected THEO to pull the TRIGGER, but he did and the "REST IS HISTORY !!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?????

I say stop posting

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Don't let the TRUTH bother you.....

Bill.......I hate the grammar police just as much as the next guy...  But I HONESTLY have NO IDEA what you're trying to say.  In other words your post makes no sense.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[object HTMLDivElement] Bill, here's the skinny on Nomar

1) He was offended that the Sox tried to trade Manny for AROD to replace him and then move him to ChiSox for Magglio Ordonez.

2) This led to the team not being happy about the heel injury suffered during the offseason playing soccer and further contributed to his attitude toward the team.

3) The attitude issues persisted until late July at Yankee Stadium when he refused to play...the same day Jeter cut up his face diving into the stands for a foul ball.

The rest is history!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't know why we have to open up the Nomar debate again.  The primary reason Nomar got traded was his uncertain health status.  It's all been well documented and discussed.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Bill.......I hate the grammar police just as much as the next guy...  But I HONESTLY have NO IDEA what you're trying to say.  In other words your post makes no sense.

Sorry about that..... TRY this......   NOMAR was not exactly on the same page with the NEW OWNERS & THEO , TITO.....  Had to go, and he was the most SURPRISED..... Now, WHAT SAY YOU ????

Ummmmm......isn't this old news?  Like 2004?  Did I just hit a time warp?  This is all common knowledge in 2014. I'm confused on the point of this thread.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Sorry about that..... TRY this......   NOMAR was not exactly on the same page with the NEW OWNERS & THEO , TITO.....  Had to go, and he was the most SURPRISED..... Now, WHAT SAY YOU ????

Ummmmm......isn't this old news?  Like 2004?  Did I just hit a time warp?  This is all common knowledge in 2014. I'm confused on the point of this thread.....

Again, "your like" will miss the point all day long.......  "OLD NEWS", yes till YESTERDAY and the  H O F festivities @ FENWAY PAAAAAK and every thing was so "HUNKY-DORY in NOMARS WORLD  !!!

Who cares??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So Bill hates Ortiz, Manny and Nomar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Bill DROPPINGS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

1) He was offended that the Sox tried to trade Manny for AROD to replace him and then move him to ChiSox for Magglio Ordonez.

2) This led to the team not being happy about the heel injury suffered during the offseason playing soccer and further contributed to his attitude toward the team.

3) The attitude issues persisted until late July at Yankee Stadium when he refused to play...the same day Jeter cut up his face diving into the stands for a foul ball.

The rest is history!

Thank you very much, now its all coming back to me.......  My DEMONIZERS on the board will not like this verification !!!   Thanks Again.....

You mean the FAB 5? I believe there's more than 5.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

The rest is history!

Thank you very much, now its all coming back to me.......  My DEMONIZERS on the board will not like this verification !!!   Thanks Again.....

You mean the FAB 5? I believe there's more than 5.

BOAGSTER,   you always bring REASONING to this board !!!

I try my best. It's the least I can do.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill I agree with your analysis. 

Not sure if there's any point hashing out Nomar in 2014, but yeah, that's about right. 

No one demonizes you here but no one on this board gets a free pass for sloppy ideas or behavior, that's how it goes here. 

"So Bill hates Ortiz, Manny and Nomar."

no, he just hates winning I guess. 

Bill you do realize that everyone ROIDED at that time in baseball right? 

Guys weren't scamming, they wanted to compete and win. They did what it took. Nothing to be proud of but they aren't being nominated for sainthood, they are ball players. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Bill I agree with your analysis. 

Not sure if there's any point hashing out Nomar in 2014, but yeah, that's about right. 

No one demonizes you here but no one on this board gets a free pass for sloppy ideas or behavior, that's how it goes here. 

"So Bill hates Ortiz, Manny and Nomar."

no, he just hates winning I guess. 

Bill you do realize that everyone ROIDED at that time in baseball right? 

Guys weren't scamming, they wanted to compete and win. They did what it took. Nothing to be proud of but they aren't being nominated for sainthood, they are ball players. 

TRUE DAT......  I use to take a MULTI-VITAMAN  every day, but I wasn't being paid 15MIL a year !!!

What was the MAN's name?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Vita Blue Man Group

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I don't know why we have to open up the Nomar debate again.  The primary reason Nomar got traded was his uncertain health status.  It's all been well documented and discussed.  

as a fan of nomar, this is wrong. the primary reason was that he became arrogant and was acting like a Rondo-esque diva for the last year and a half at least.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

as a fan of nomar, this is wrong. the primary reason was that he became arrogant and was acting like a Rondo-esque diva for the last year and a half at least.

The Achilles tendon injury was the bigger concern.  You could tie the injury and the attitude issues together though, because Nomar was hinting that he might not be fully healthy the rest of the year.  Then after he got traded he said 'it feels great now' or something like that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The rest is history! 

And this was after he turned down a big contract (forget the numbers). None of it would have happened had he signed the deal.

Sections
Shortcuts