2011 is Rangers all the way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

2011 is Rangers all the way

Good management and a very focused team.  Thats what we need to get back to in 2012 and we can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: 2011 is Rangers all the way

Hey craze ... sure looks that way, doesn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 is Rangers all the way:
    [QUOTE]Hey craze ... sure looks that way, doesn't it?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Very impressive indeed Lloyd.  Beltre, Napoli and the bullpen moves Ryan made were incredible additions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3a79fe5747-3565-49fb-b987-b09548a58cf6&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion:79fe5747-3565-49fb-b987-b09548a58cf6Post:32ae69ce-67ae-45e4-b8f4-bb69bdc200dc

Re: Ken Rosenthal/Fox Sports:"Six teams in each league that could overtake the almighty Phillies and Red Sox"Do you agree?

posted at 2/17/2011 10:41 AM EST
    First: 1/14/2006
    Last: 10/15/2011
    Texas replaced four months of a 6.1 WAR* player in Cliff Lee (15 GS, 4-6 WL, 3.98 ERA) with six months of another 6.1 WAR player in Adrian Beltre. The Rangers replaced a 2.6 WAR designated hitter in Vladimir Guerrero with a 2.7 WAR designated hitter in Mike Napoli (to be fair, Napoli had positional value at catcher and first base). The Rangers replaced a 0.4 WAR catcher in Benjie Molina with a 2.4 WAR catcher in Yorvit Torrealba.

The Rangers, who had a 5.5 game lead in the AL West when Cliff Lee was acquired, return C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis who pitched 200+ innings apiece with ERAs of 3.35 and 3.72, respectively, pitching in a hitter's ballpark. Tommy Hunter had an ERA of 3.73 in 23 games after joining the Texas rotation in June. Scott Feldman went 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA in 2009. Derek Holland and Matt Harrison wait in the wings, as does former Cy Young Award winner Brandon Webb.

The Rangers improved on a killer bullpen that posted a 3.38 ERA by adding Arthur Rhodes and Yoshinori Tateyama to the stable of Rookie of the Year closer Neftali Feliz, Darren Oliver, Mark Lowe, Darren O'Day and Alexi Ogando.

Like the Red Sox, the Rangers were hindered by injuries that limited AL MVP Josh Hamilton to 133 games and studs Nelson Cruz and Ian Kinsler to 108 games and 103 games, respectively.

The Texas roster last season had an average age of 28.3 years while the Red Sox had an average age of 31.0 years. The Rangers got younger by replacing Guerrero, Molina, Lee (and potentially 34-year-old Michael Young) with Beltre, Napoli, Torrealba and Webb. In short, Texas likely has more players entering their prime or in their prime.

The Rangers are the team to beat until another club wrests away the crown ... their biggest challenge may come from the Oakland Athletics in the regular season.

* 2010 Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to 2011 is Rangers all the way:
    [QUOTE]Good management and a very focused team.  Thats what we need to get back to in 2012 and we can.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I really believe that the Rangers will win the championship this year.  That will be the 2nd championship this year for a Dallas team since the Mavericks won the NBA championship in 2011.   Just making it to the World Series two years in a row is an accomplishment for any team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Rangers have character.  It just sems like a good group of guys.

The sox don't have that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I was rooting for the Rangers last season in the playoffs and World Series. This year I'm going for Milwaukee if they make it, since I never really even hear about that team. It would be fun for them. If not, I'll go with the Rangers again. My choice was really the Tigers, but it looks like that's not to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to 2011 is Rangers all the way:
    [QUOTE]Good management and a very focused team.  Thats what we need to get back to in 2012 and we can.

That and tons of timely hitting and strong pitching are a plus, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am surprised some of you buffoons are not demanding we trade for Nelson Cruz... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Rangers are the team to be beat...but they can be beaten...their achillies is starting pitching...None of their guys are gving them much length and the Tigers due to injuries ran out a suspect lineup at best...I picked the Rangers at the begining of the playoffs and still see them as the favorites. They have a very deep pen with Ugando and Feldman both added to the mix it is very deep with power arms which allows Washington to go to the pen often and early which makes their starters problem less of an issue...That and they have the bats to put up croaked numbers as we saw yesterday...My hope was a Brewers v Raagers final to insure that whomever won it would be a franchise 1st...If the Sox can't win it I like to pull for teams with the best stories...For the Rangers being able to give the kid who's dad perished trying to catch a souvenier ball a ring would be pretty cool...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i remember when the Rangers thrashed our unready team in the opening series...you could see they were hungry for more playoff success...us, just hungry...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 2011 is Rangers all the way : I really believe that the Rangers will win the championship this year.  That will be the 2nd championship this year for a Dallas team since the Mavericks won the NBA championship in 2011.   Just making it to the World Series two years in a row is an accomplishment for any team. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree susan and Texas deserves it.  What I'm impressed with most is Nolan Ryans ability to see talent in players that create chemistry at every position.  Beltre, Napili, Adams etc. were all tremendous additions.  Imagine the numbers Beltre and Napoli could have given our team?  Two of our weakest areas last season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 is Rangers all the way : I agree susan and Texas deserves it.  What I'm impressed with most is Nolan Ryans ability to see talent in players that create chemistry at every position.  Beltre, Napili, Adams etc. were all tremendous additions.  Imagine the numbers Beltre and Napoli could have given our team?  Two of our weakest areas last season.

Hey craze...the choice would have been Beltre over Gonzalez with Youk and Ortiz also in the mix...Napoli was traded twice and not sure that he was ever a legit option..Adams who played for the Padres was aquired at the deadline in a trade in which the Rangers gave them a kings ransom...one we couldn't have matched...While I agree that it would've been great to have all three I don't think that the Sox erred by letting Beltre walk had Youk finished the season healthy...He's a much better hitter than Beltre...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

mike adams. the OTHER guy from the padres. benoit also impressive on the other side. valverde's 51-51 saves not bad either. yes he did blow a game but that happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Every year the team that is red-hot in the post season is victorious. Timing is everything. Good pitching, hot hitting, defense, and luck are the magic ingredients. Hats off to the Rangers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 2011 is Rangers all the way : I really believe that the Rangers will win the championship this year.  That will be the 2nd championship this year for a Dallas team since the Mavericks won the NBA championship in 2011.   Just making it to the World Series two years in a row is an accomplishment for any team. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Rangers will win it all. They are the best in the AL this year. Congrats to Beltre. He has played hard and deserves to be in the Series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 is Rangers all the way : Hey craze...the choice would have been Beltre over Gonzalez with Youk and Ortiz also in the mix...Napoli was traded twice and not sure that he was ever a legit option..Adams who played for the Padres was aquired at the deadline in a trade in which the Rangers gave them a kings ransom...one we couldn't have matched...While I agree that it would've been great to have all three I don't think that the Sox erred by letting Beltre walk had Youk finished the season healthy...He's a much better hitter than Beltre...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Hey Bean, Napoli was traded twice and picked up on waivers by the Sox but Theo couldn't agree on a package.  We could have traded for Napoli a few times between 07 and the present when Tek was fading.  Ryan took a chance on Napoli and played him full time, it was a great call.  Theo would have used Napoli part time with Tek, probably to this day.  Napoli showed the Angels, Toronto and Boston what hes made of as a full time catcher.

Nolan Ryan may end up being the best mind in baseball and Texas a great team for many years.  Ryan made sure he was well stocked in every area and being an ex pitcher knows how to choose a staff all the way through a bullpen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

They are the bestteam in the AL Have been for 2 years now. Sox and Yankees should be looking up, Even Tampa sits above them right now

Response to 2011 is Rangers all the way:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

What did Napoli hit in his last year with LAA? Why didn't they retain him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

If the Cards win today, I would watch out for LaRussa. Very cagy Manager. I do tip my cap to Nolan Ryan and what he has accomplished.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]If the Cards win today, I would watch out for LaRussa. Very cagy Manager. I do tip my cap to Nolan Ryan and what he has accomplished.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Larussa may be an option sin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

I like the Rangers, I like Nolan Ryan and for the simple fact that many didn't give them a serious look because of the departure of Cliff Lee I'd like to see the Rangers win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

oh really  you don,t think st.loooooouis will have something to say about that lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

i mean either way if the cards or brewers make  it its  still gonna be a good offense battle but the cards pitching will be to much for the power rangers lol  and guess what team will be bringing the world seris title back to the AL next year the dah red sox