"2011 was just a hint of my talent" - Ellsbury

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re:

The Red Sox have Bradley Jr. so I think the Red Sox will trade Ellsbury at the July trading deadline.  

Speaking of Scott Boras, if I was a baseball player, I would hire him as my agent too.   LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re:

What Ells said:

"Yeah, I play the game hard. I just don’t need to tell everybody. A lot of people, I know they appreciate it. Teammates, they tell me all the time, ‘Hey, we appreciate your style of play.’ ”

So he doesn't tell people.....unless it's a contract year in which case he says it in an interview in one of the biggest newspapaers on the East Coast.......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re:

In response to selenium-'s comment:

And all the other years were just a hint of all his injuries....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re:

Ellsbury might be traded sooner than we mostly likely expect him to get traded which is right before the deadline.  If JBJ handles AAA ball just like ST and expected to be contending teams face OF help, Ells will be a goner as early as May if Sox can get solid prospects in return.  Indians got top pitching prospect Bauer for trading away Boras client Choo even though he had somewhat down year and injury history.  If Ellsbury stays healthy and perform like he used be in 2011, Sox could at least ask for teams top prospects.  I see the A's, Rangers, or even the M's can be the front runner candidates.  I just hope Ellsbury can stay on the field and wish him the best for his future.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

written by Scott Boras.

You read the article and replied in one minute? Good for you.

read the article this morning. no need to spam it.

He posted an article.

Get a grip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re:

trading elisbury would be almost as insane as letting wes welker go to the denver colts for a lousy 2 million more. if red sox ownership really wants this team to get into the playoffs and go beyond they gotta open the vault and give jacoby a multiyear deal period.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

written by Scott Boras.

You read the article and replied in one minute? Good for you.

read the article this morning. no need to spam it.

He posted am article.

Get a grip.

Conan / Carnie / triumph is grumpy in the morning. He gets more cordial as the day evolves.

Like the 2012 Sox, he can't get much worse...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

trading elisbury would be almost as insane as letting wes welker go to the denver colts for a lousy 2 million more. if red sox ownership really wants this team to get into the playoffs and go beyond they gotta open the vault and give jacoby a multiyear deal period.

agree'd. there is enough room in the OF for jacoby and JBJ. the added cost of Ells will be offset by the reduced cost of JBJ. In, total you would have to GG OF'ers who can both hit leadoff, steal bases and one of them can hit middle of the order. seems like a recipe for success going forward.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

if red sox ownership really wants this team to get into the playoffs and go beyond they gotta open the vault and give jacoby a multiyear deal period.

I'd say it's clear cut that 150 million plus a year in labor costs is emptying "the vault" every year. And for that they have zero playoff wins in a half a decade. If they want to make the playoffs, they'll get rid of career team loser prima donnas like Ellsbury and get what they can in return. It's not how much a team spends, it's what labor profiles they spend it on. Ellsbury is a lemon labor profile.

As incompetent as Red Sox management is, they understand that they just set the franchise back for years when they gave Carl Crawbust, a similar profile, a multi-year dead-beat's contract. With Bradley, Jr., Ellsbury is gone in a few months. Thank goodness, and good riddance!

wow, sounds like you really hate this kid. why would you say he was a prima donna? he got hurt legit. now crawful is a different story. there's a good example of a prima donna.  sorry softy, I think that we can agree to disagree. I like Jr just as much as the next guy but as good and as fast as he is, he has a while before he plays center field like JE. just my humble opinion.