2012 Finish for the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

2012 Finish for the Red Sox

I see this team coming in 4th maybe an outside chance at 3rd. It will be the full fault of BV. His poor choice of when to use sarcasm/kidding and over all comments will cause distrust in the clubhouse and FO.
    The ownership will come to realize BC had the right guys in his cross hairs and BV should not have been brought in.
    He did it in NY as the Mets mgr. according to former players.

I just have seen so much controversy so far (more this ST than all of the past 9 years) that I can not see how players or the FO can trust the guy. He is Ozzie G with out the swearing. His schitick will wear thin probably by the AS break. Players will hate coming to the park and fans will wnat his head on a platter.

If he goes after a younger player for a mistake and not some one like Papi or DP, Youk or AG the same way the club house will be come devisive very quickly.

However this actually could become a year where the team could win despite the manger and his big mouth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox

In Response to 2012 Finish for the Red Sox:
    I see this team coming in 4th maybe an outside chance at 3rd. It will be the full fault of BV. His poor choice of when to use sarcasm/kidding and over all comments will cause distrust in the clubhouse and FO. The ownership will come to realize BC had the right guys in his cross hairs and BV should not have been brought in. He did it in NY as the Mets mgr. according to former players. I just have seen so much controversy so far (more this ST than all of the past 9 years) that I can not see how players or the FO can trust the guy. He is Ozzie G with out the swearing. His schitick will wear thin probably by the AS break. Players will hate coming to the park and fans will wnat his head on a platter. If he goes after a younger player for a mistake and not some one like Papi or DP, Youk or AG the same way the club house will be come devisive very quickly. However this actually could become a year where the team could win despite the manger and his big mouth.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Jim - I think it is a bit early to come to this conclusion. Yes, Bobby V. is a character but I also watched him take a team with what I believe to be one of the worst outfields ever assembled to the World Series. See how the first couple of months play out before settling for the outcome you predict.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I never understand how you guys come up with a prediction very early in the stage (SPRING TRAINING. Hello?) which place a team will be ranked at the end of September.  It just wows me.  And this is the best offense team you are talking about. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I don't think Jim likes Bobby very much. It's not BV's fault Tito got canned. I agree that we need to wait and see what he can do with these guys, although I don't feel that young Ben did him any favors during the off-season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

One of the WC spots, then if hot and pitching is relatively healthy, could go all the way. Mid-season pick-ups will probably tell if Sox management is in it for the long haul.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Im going with second place...I hope somebody in the east will falter and the Sox can take advantage of it....but thats with my heart...my head says 3rd place - considerably behind the top 2 teams

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In response to "Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox":
    In Response to 2012 Finish for the Red Sox : Jim - I think it is a bit early to come to this conclusion. Yes, Bobby V. is a character but I also watched him take a team with what I believe to be one of the worst outfields ever assembled to the World Series. See how the first couple of months play out before settling for the outcome you predict. Posted by jesseyeric
    Got to agree with jerseyeric on this issue

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox:
    Im going with second place...I hope somebody in the east will falter and the Sox can take advantage of it....but thats with my heart...my head says 3rd place - considerably behind the top 2 teams
    Posted by georom4

The 2 nicely pitched games by Lester and Beckett is very encouraging. Felix has not pitched much and Bard is still questionable. We need to see some good hurling from Buch. If the top 3 dominate, that will really lead the way. Tigers are strong, but 3rd, ss and lf has been called the Bermuda Triangle of defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I see this team coming in 4th maybe an outside chance at 3rd. It will be the full fault of BV. His poor choice of when to use sarcasm/kidding and over all comments will cause distrust in the clubhouse and FO. The ownership will come to realize BC had the right guys in his cross hairs and BV should not have been brought in. He did it in NY as the Mets mgr. according to former players. I just have seen so much controversy so far (more this ST than all of the past 9 years) that I can not see how players or the FO can trust the guy. He is Ozzie G with out the swearing. His schitick will wear thin probably by the AS break. Players will hate coming to the park and fans will wnat his head on a platter. If he goes after a younger player for a mistake and not some one like Papi or DP, Youk or AG the same way the club house will be come devisive very quickly. However this actually could become a year where the team could win despite the manger and his big mouth.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I'm not convinced Bobby can survive Boston very long but we should be better than a third or fourth place team if we stay relatively healthy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

McCllure has me feeling positive.

WS Crown

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox":
    I say sox finish in 4th place tigers nyy LAA sox texas TB Posted by pinstripezac
    Sox will go 162-0.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think it will be an interesting season and of course it will depend on how well the 3,4 and 5 slots pitch.  I think Beckett and Lester will vie for the Cy Young and the hitting will be super...I really like what I have seen of Ross so far.  The Sox will go as far as their pitching will carry them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think it will be an interesting season and of course it will depend on how well the 3,4 and 5 slots pitch.  I think Beckett and Lester will vie for the Cy Young and the hitting will be super...I really like what I have seen of Ross so far.  The Sox will go as far as their pitching will carry them.
    Posted by traven

Agree with you, Travern.  
    I think there may be some kid glove handling of Clay and that back of his, but think he will do very well, too.  I like what I see of Felix.  Bard is iffier ... and I hope Aceves isn't po'd that he's back in the pen.  Of course, that could change in a few starts....

Hitting will be fine.

I am still wondering how Curt Young could be so good in Oakland and so ... not good here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Hopefully the team brings a few nice surprises north with them and the pitching staff doesn't have to be fantastic...they just have to stay healthy!  I like Aceves in the BP but I also liked Bard there too...of course with Bailey, Bard will have all the opportunity in the world to succeed and if he doesn't the BP will be unbeatable.  Of course the SP won't...unless as I said above...they bring a surprise or two north with them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Is there enough evidence in yet ( besides Globe columnist Gaspar trying to emulate CHB and Ryan) to go out on a limb and make the assumption that BV will be a problem? Other columnists have said that there is no evidence that there is a problem here and they have asked both Cherrington and BV about such things. Both have denied any such problem. Isn't this just another media ploy to sell newspapers and get internet attention? Why is the forum trying to make a big deal out of nothing? Why not do Google searches and bring other news to your forum? Does the forum always need something for a pizzing contest and for debate over minutia? Don't you people ever tire of argueing over nothing? A house divided will fall and it seems to me that this house is very divided. Newbies to this Front Burner don't want to read this cr-ap.
    Posted by Calzone65

For the 1000000th time pike, did you expect them to come out and say they hate eachother?

Did you expect cherry to say that bobby v wasn't his choice and was forced on him by larry?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to "Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox": Sox will go 162-0.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Spring hopes eternal; as it should be. Unless you're a Met fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Finish for the Red Sox : Spring hopes eternal; as it should be. Unless you're a Met fan.
    Posted by nhsteven

The CDC has officially pegged that as a disease.

One doesn't need to worry if it is communicable.  Only that it is a terrible way to witness a life to waste away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

I am positive that the chemistry between Ben Cherrington and Bobby Valentine is a work in progress, a wonderful thing. The team shall benefit from such wonderful chemistry and go on to win exactly 100 regular season games.  Beautiful.
    Posted by BlindHomer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Absolutely brilliant avatar and username, and a perfect post. Laughed out loud in my office when I saw it. Well done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I never understand how you guys come up with a prediction very early in the stage (SPRING TRAINING. Hello?) which place a team will be ranked at the end of September.  It just wows me.  And this is the best offense team you are talking about. 
    Posted by seannybboi

So it's silly for people to make predictions on where teams will finish but yet you can predict that they will have the best offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Posted by JimfromFlorida

Full fault of Bobbie V. unless of course that Beckett, Lester, and Bucholz are caught in the clubhouse on their off day eating fried chicken and having a Bud Light. Then the scandal will be called BV-ChickenGate. Those two factors will surely cancel out the team offense, defense, and pitching.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts