2012 Sox Big Payroll Decisions Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2012 Sox Big Payroll Decisions Part III

They closed the Part II thread...

According to Cot's Baseball Contracts the Sox started this season at a Payroll of about $164M (counting pro-rated signing bonuses).

There will be some arb induced raises:
    Ellsbury $2.4M > ? (Arb 2 of 3)
    Albers    $875K > ? (Arb 3 of 4)
    Salty      $750K > ? (Arb 1 of 3)
    Aceves  $650K > ? (Arb 1 of 3)
    Bard       $505K > ? (Arb 1 of 4)
    DMac      $470K > ? (Arb 1 of 4)
    Lowrie    $450K > ? (Arb 1 of 3)
    Morales $424K > ? (Arb 1 of 3)

There are options:
    Scutaro  $6M club option/$3M player option ($1.5M buy out)
    Wheeler $3M club option (guaranteed if 65 games pitched reached)
    A. Miller  $3m club option ? (some gray area here)

There are FreeAgents:
    JD Drew    $14M  
    Ortiz          $12.5M
    Papelbon  $10.33M
    Varitek      $2M
    Wakefield $2M
    Bedard      $1M

I think it is obvious that Drew will not be back. The other free agents will probably get offers from Theo. Who will be type A and type B might have something to do with how much Theo offers, but I think he will make fair market offers to all but JD (and maybe Bedard). See below.

I think Theo does not give Scutaro the club option, so if Scutty is back, it will be at $3M. I think Wheeler is not given his option, and I am not sure what the deal is with Miller anymore.

I think the arb induced raises will not be very large. None of the players are in their last arb year. Ellsbury and Salty will get nice raises, but not grand. Albers, Aceves, and Bard will do OK also.

My numbers may be wrong here, and my projections as well, but I'll say the arb guys get a total of $7M more in 2012 than in 2011. If Scutty ($7M on luxury tax role) and Wheeler ($3M) do not come back, that saves us about $10M. Assuming we bring Miller back, my guess is we will be evened out on arbs and options.

My projections on Free Agents:
    Drew ($14M) walks
    Papi ($12.5M) signs with Boston for $20M/2 plus incentives
    Paps (10.33M) walks (Theo gets the type A compensation)
    VTek ($2M) signs with Boston (perhaps a lifetime services deal) $2M/1
    Wake ($2.5M) signs with Boston for $2.5M plus incentives.

Free agent net cost: $27M gain (lose Paps and Drew).

Assuming we keep the salary budget about the same as 2011, we'll have about $25-30M to spend on these holes (Possible in house solutions):

Closer: (Bard? Jenks?) 
    SS: (Aviles, Lowrie, Iglesias)
    RF: (Reddick, Kalish, DMac)
    RP: (several options)

If we sign no FAs (not likely) and let Papelbon and Wheeler walk, this could be our 2012 roster:

C: Salty/Vtek
    1B: AGon
    2B: Pedey
    3B: Youk
    SS: Aviles/Lowrie
    LF: Craw/DMac
    CF: Ells
    RF: Reddick/Kalish
    DH: Papi
    (Possibly Lavarnway or Iglesias)

SP1 Beckett
    SP2 Lester
    SP3 Buch
    SP4 Lack
    SP5 Wake
    SP6 Dice or Miller
    RP1 Bard
    RP2 Jenks
    RP3 Albers
    RP4 Aceves
    RP5 Morales
    RP6 Doubront
    (several other options)

There's a chance Papi walks and Paps stays. That could give Lavarnway a shot at an everyday job on the big club.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Re: 2012 Sox Big Payroll Decisions Part III

With the season Papelbon has turned in it will be difficult to let him walk.   I would bet that at least one other team will overpay for him both in total contract value(40 million over 3 seasons) and number of years so it is very possible he walks.  I don't see the sox going more than 2 years at 25-27.5 million plus perhaps a club option and buyout in year 3.  He can get more in the open market because he has been A. one of the best closer's in baseball, B. very durable, C. so far not particularly expensive and has delivered every dollar's worth  every season here(though last year and some of '09 were not great).  Bard is probably our closer going forward so there is another 12+ million off the books in '12

Papi probably stays IMHO with an ever so minor Home town discount.  It is going to be only slightly less than the open market though  even though the guy is the best DH by far. The problem is he will be 38 years old at the end of year 3 which is pretty old.  He will get a raise but probably not a big one.  They might give him a third year(Henry adores him, call it his golden parachute) even though many teams probably wouldn't and my guess is that is why he stays. He will get similar money as Paps, 3 years 40 million.

Shortstop is still very much a huge question.  Iglesias can't hit AAA pitching so he is certainly not the answer at this point.   Sctutaro  might have difficulty signing with another team for similar money he was payed here so he may excercise  his 3 million option to stay put.  I can't see the sox brass paying him 6 nor can I see any other team doing so.  We may need to delve into the trade or free agent markets here and it may cost us a good amount.

I can't see DMac coming back next season. He has been here to bat against lefties and has not gotten the job done.  Kalish will presumably be healthy although both Kalish and Reddick hit lefthanded and we have a decidedly left handed hitting orientation on this roster so we will need at least one right handed hitting outfielder out of our 4.  Kalish or Reddick probably are used in a deal perhaps for a proven right handed hitting outfielder with power.  At this point Reddick is the favorite but that could change.

The Salty/Tek platoon continues with Lavarnway getting looks.  Salty assumes a bit more playing time.

Wheeler is about 50/50 as a returning bullpen piece.  He has looked much better lately and he is durable.

Bedard is probably looking for 3-4 years I can't see Theo paying that many years for an injury risk.  Andrew Miller stays for insurance instead for far less money.

C: Salty/Vtek/Lavarnway
    1B: AGon/Youk
    2B: Pedey/Aviles
    3B: Youk/Lowrie
    SS: Aviles/Lowrie/?
    LF: Craw/?(free agent)
    DH: Papi/Youk/Lavarnway

SP1 Beckett
    SP2 Lester
    SP3 Buch
    SP4 Lack
    SP5 Wake
    SP6 Miller
    RP1 Bard
    RP2 Jenks
    RP3 Albers
    RP4 Aceves
    RP5 Morales
    RP6 Doubront

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

what the hell do you care about the red sox money is it your money?

i dont care if they spend 300 million. just win the world series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

With the season Papelbon has turned in it will be difficult to let him walk.   I would bet that at least one other team will overpay for him both in total contract value(40 million over 3 seasons) and number of years so it is very possible he walks.  I don't see the sox going more than 2 years at 25-27.5 million plus perhaps a club option and buyout in year 3.  He can get more in the open market because he has been A. one of the best closer's in baseball, B. very durable, C. so far not particularly expensive and has delivered every dollar's worth  every season here(though last year and some of '09 were not great).  Bard is probably our closer going forward so there is another 12+ million off the books in '12.

I agree totally. I want Paps back, but am not confident he will be here next year..

Papi probably stays IMHO with an ever so minor Home town discount.  It is going to be only slightly less than the open market though  even though the guy is the best DH by far. The problem is he will be 38 years old at the end of year 3 which is pretty old.  He will get a raise but probably not a big one.  They might give him a third year(Henry adores him, call it his golden parachute) even though many teams probably wouldn't and my guess is that is why he stays. He will get similar money as Paps, 3 years 40 million.

I could see $30M/3 with some easy incentives to bring him to $12M/year and some more dificult to bring him abover $13M/year. Make the 3rd year a team option with a $3M buyout and it brings his true salary to $11.5M/year plus easy and hard incentives..

Shortstop is still very much a huge question.  Iglesias can't hit AAA pitching so he is certainly not the answer at this point.   Sctutaro  might have difficulty signing with another team for similar money he was payed here so he may excercise  his 3 million option to stay put.  I can't see the sox brass paying him 6 nor can I see any other team doing so.  We may need to delve into the trade or free agent markets here and it may cost us a good amount.

I won't get into my great defensive SS trumps a hitting SS position here, but I want to respond with 2 points:.

1) An Aviles, Lowrie and Iglesias combination should be about equal to Scutaro's input for 2012.
    2) Since Scutaro's player option is $3M and the the buyout is $1.5M, if a team offers him $2M, he would actually make more playing elsewhere ($2M + $1.5M-$3.5M). I do not think Scutaro will be back.

I can't see DMac coming back next season. He has been here to bat against lefties and has not gotten the job done.  Kalish will presumably be healthy although both Kalish and Reddick hit lefthanded and we have a decidedly left handed hitting orientation on this roster so we will need at least one right handed hitting outfielder out of our 4.  Kalish or Reddick probably are used in a deal perhaps for a proven right handed hitting outfielder with power.  At this point Reddick is the favorite but that could change.

DMac is an arb case with options remaining. He will be back and may start in AAA or be traded..

The Salty/Tek platoon continues with Lavarnway getting looks.  Salty assumes a bit more playing time.

This is the biggest "what if" position in my opinion. Papi's return or not will help decide Lavarnway's near future role here..

Wheeler is about 50/50 as a returning bullpen piece.  He has looked much better lately and he is durable

I think Wheeeler will be back..

Bedard is probably looking for 3-4 years I can't see Theo paying that many years for an injury risk.  Andrew Miller stays for insurance instead for far less money

If we don't bring Bedard back, Theo will find someone like him to add another starter to the mix and depth chart..

C: Salty/Vtek/Lavarnway
    1B: AGon/Youk
    2B: Pedey/Aviles
    3B: Youk/Lowrie
    SS: Aviles/Lowrie/?
    LF: Craw/?(free agent)
    DH: Papi/Youk/Lavarnway

SP1 Beckett
    SP2 Lester
    SP3 Buch
    SP4 Lack
    SP5 Wake
    SP6 Miller
    RP1 Bard
    RP2 Jenks
    RP3 Albers
    RP4 Aceves
    RP5 Morales
    RP6 Doubront

I say we get a FA RH'd platoon player who can play RF very well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Sox Big Payroll Decisions Part III:
      what the hell do you care about the red sox money is it your money?  i dont care if they spend 300 million. just win the world series.
    Posted by bosox0489

If they spend $300 million on the team , tickets would be so expensive only Mitt Romney could attend the games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I thought they were already too expensive, tickets

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

what the hell do you care about the red sox money is it your money?  i dont care if they spend 300 million. just win the world series.
    Posted by bosox0489

Budgets are limited - even the Yankees have a limit. That changes the name of the game. The game then becomes Economics which is the proper allocation of scarce resources. This makes it challenging not only for the owners but also for the fans. You might get a kick out of buying a great used car at a bargain price and an owner might be ecstatic that he got Garcia and Colon at a garage sale while another owner is happy that he got Aceves and Miller for next to nothing. They made these moves because of their limited budgets and the fact that to field the cream of the crop at every one of 40 roster spots would require a payroll at least $800 mil. There is no team that could afford that and besides the Commissioner would never approve of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

If they change the CBA as expected, draft pick values will go way up. I think both Paps and Papi walk, with probably Type A compensation. The world will change for big market teams very soon and Theo will be ahead of that curve.

I think we will miss Paps more than Papi. It would be great to keep them both but those picks are huge and the money saved will come in handy elsewhere. Jose Reyes? I hope not but I do see another big FA signing probably happening with the money saved.

I hope they retain Bedard. They can probably pick him up cheap IMO. We could use him.

I think they percieve Lavarnway as for real. Even though he hasn't produced yet, he looks like he belongs in the 2-3 AB I've seen of his. I love his approach and that power RH bat could really help this team going forward. Sending him back to AAA ball isn't going to help him much and he's cheap as heck.

Doesn't he remind some of you guys to Fisk? He does me.

I really think they will let Papi walk. Then again I said that last winter also!

Best of luck for both Paps and Papi going forward. In many ways they have been the face of the franchise as much as Pedroia and Youk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

For the record, I sincerely hope they bring back Wakefield again and Albers and yes even Tek.

They could let Morales go and it wouldn't bother me a bit. Scutaro is probably history but I have nothing but respect for the guy. Great player and attitude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Lavarnway has a similar swing as Fisk. Same size and shape. He runs like Fisk. He even picks at his uniform like Fisk did when he is up at bat. I sure hope he hits like Fisk....and I think he just might!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If they change the CBA as expected, draft pick values will go way up. I think both Paps and Papi walk, with probably Type A compensation. The world will change for big market teams very soon and Theo will be ahead of that curve. I think we will miss Paps more than Papi. It would be great to keep them both but those picks are huge and the money saved will come in handy elsewhere. Jose Reyes? I hope not but I do see another big FA signing probably happening with the money saved. I hope they retain Bedard. They can probably pick him up cheap IMO. We could use him. I think they percieve Lavarnway as for real. Even though he hasn't produced yet, he looks like he belongs in the 2-3 AB I've seen of his. I love his approach and that power RH bat could really help this team going forward. Sending him back to AAA ball isn't going to help him much and he's cheap as heck. Doesn't he remind some of you guys to Fisk? He does me. I really think they will let Papi walk. Then again I said that last winter also! Best of luck for both Paps and Papi going forward. In many ways they have been the face of the franchise as much as Pedroia and Youk. 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

I'd hate to see Papi go, and not just for sentimental reasons. The guy can still rake. His massive uptick vs LHPs has been very eye-opening. I'd hate to see Papi on another team next year, and I hope Theo offers him more than his "worth". He's a Boston legend.

Here's how I see the pros and cons of keeping Papi:

Pros:
    1) He's still one of the best hitters in the game. 80% of this year's numbers is still pretty darn good.
    2) He's a Boston Legend and should retire here. Fans love him (despite what softy thinks). He's a draw both at the gate and on the teli.
    3) His cost will not be as high as many think it might be.
    4) He's a leader in the clubhouse.
    5) I don't want him on the Yankees, Jays or Rays (sorry harness, I ain't scared of the O's.)

Cons:
    1) He is pretty much just a DH, and unless AGon gets hurt, his 1B skills are near useless for this roster.
    2) With AGon at 1B, there is no spot for him to play at NL parks. That's 9 games a year plus possible World Series games.
    3) I firmly believe Youk playing 3B is dangerous. We need Youk's bat way way more than his glove. Moving Youk to at least part-time DH in 2012 makes sense to me. 
    4) Lavarnway is not ready to catch a significant portion of a MLB season. His role is better suited as a DH and 3rd string catcher (possibly a 2nd string catcher if VTek walks). This would crowd Papi or limit PAs for Lavarnway (and Youk as a DH: #3).
    5) Having a DH who can play in the field is a nice asset and gives the manager much more in game flexibility.
    6) Papi does not always run out plays. (He's not the only one.) It's not a good thing for young players to see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Moon, I like your point about Youk playing some DH going forward.  I remember you saying last year he would be injured  more at 3rd, and it seems to me he's been dinged all year; I've actually been a little alarmed about it as I think he's a real piston in our offense, and he's been off a bit all season.  As you say, his flexibility at DH would be a real plus.  But what would this option do to Larvarnway?  Is he gradually going to take over the 2nd catcher slot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I don't think SS is a big concern for 2012.  Even if Iglesias is not ready in April and Lowrie is pushed to the bench or 3B, they still have Aviles who could hold the first until Iglesias is deemed ready.

Lavarnway might be a DH, but also might be trade bait.  He certainly won't be in the dual roles of DH and BUC.  And his bat is wasted as a backup anyway.  If Ortiz moves on and no one replaces Youk at 3B (freeing him up to DH), then maybe Lavarnway can work himself into that mix.  In fact, maybe he can even if Ortiz is retained....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, I like your point about Youk playing some DH going forward.  I remember you saying last year he would be injured  more at 3rd, and it seems to me he's been dinged all year; I've actually been a little alarmed about it as I think he's a real piston in our offense, and he's been off a bit all season.  As you say, his flexibility at DH would be a real plus.  But what would this option do to Larvarnway?  Is he gradually going to take over the 2nd catcher slot?
    Posted by Critter23

Well, Youk got hurt last year as a 1bman as well, but I did think that playing 3B as hard as he does increases the odds of injury. He doesn't know how to not play hard. Having Youk as the primary DH next year would allow him to be the back-up 3Bman and 1Bman. He could play 3B in NL parks. When Youk plays 1B and 3B, Lavarnway could DH. Not paying Papi could help upgrade other high need areas like SS, RF, or pitching.

I'm not high on Reyes, but for argument's sake let's say Theo let's Papi and Scutaro walk and signs Reyes and a guy like Francouer; this could be the set-up:

Salty C-100 gms
    VTek  C- 50 
    Lavar DH-62 gms (mostly vs RHPs)/C-12.  
    Youk  DH-100 gms/3B-50 gms/1B- 5 gms
    Lowrie 3B- 80 gms (mostly vs LHPs)/2B-7 gms
    Aviles  3B- 32 gms/SS-15 gms
    Reyes  SS- 147 gms
    Pedey 2B- 155 gams
    Craw   LF- 150 gms
    Ellsb    CF- 155 gms
    Franc  RF-  75 gms (mostly vs LHPs)/LF-12gms
    Reddick RF- 87 gms (mostly vs RHPs)/CF- 7 gms

Line-up vs RHPs:
    1) Ellsbury
    2) Reyes
    3) Pedey
    4) AGon
    5) Youk (3B)
    6) Craw (assuming he reverts to career norms)
    7) Lavarnway (DH)
    8) Reddick
    9) Salty/VTek

Line-up vs LHPs:
    1) Ellsbury
    2) Reyes
    3) Pedey
    4) Youk (DH)
    5) AGon
    6) Lowrie (3B)
    7) Francouer (RF/LF)
    8) VTek/Salty
    9) Craw (LF)/Redd (RF)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think SS is a big concern for 2012.

I'd be OK with Aviles, Lowrie and Iglesias at SS in 2012.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

With the season Papelbon has turned in it will be difficult to let him walk.   I would bet that at least one other team will overpay for him both in total contract value(40 million over 3 seasons) and number of years so it is very possible he walks.  I don't see the sox going more than 2 years at 25-27.5 million plus perhaps a club option and buyout in year 3.  He can get more in the open market because he has been A. one of the best closer's in baseball, B. very durable, C. so far not particularly expensive and has delivered every dollar's worth  every season here(though last year and some of '09 were not great).  Bard is probably our closer going forward so there is another 12+ million off the books in '12 Papi probably stays IMHO with an ever so minor Home town discount.  It is going to be only slightly less than the open market though  even though the guy is the best DH by far. The problem is he will be 38 years old at the end of year 3 which is pretty old.  He will get a raise but probably not a big one.  They might give him a third year(Henry adores him, call it his golden parachute) even though many teams probably wouldn't and my guess is that is why he stays. He will get similar money as Paps, 3 years 40 million. Shortstop is still very much a huge question.  Iglesias can't hit AAA pitching so he is certainly not the answer at this point.   Sctutaro  might have difficulty signing with another team for similar money he was payed here so he may excercise  his 3 million option to stay put.  I can't see the sox brass paying him 6 nor can I see any other team doing so.  We may need to delve into the trade or free agent markets here and it may cost us a good amount. I can't see DMac coming back next season. He has been here to bat against lefties and has not gotten the job done.  Kalish will presumably be healthy although both Kalish and Reddick hit lefthanded and we have a decidedly left handed hitting orientation on this roster so we will need at least one right handed hitting outfielder out of our 4.  Kalish or Reddick probably are used in a deal perhaps for a proven right handed hitting outfielder with power.  At this point Reddick is the favorite but that could change. The Salty/Tek platoon continues with Lavarnway getting looks.  Salty assumes a bit more playing time. Wheeler is about 50/50 as a returning bullpen piece.  He has looked much better lately and he is durable. Bedard is probably looking for 3-4 years I can't see Theo paying that many years for an injury risk.  Andrew Miller stays for insurance instead for far less money. C: Salty/Vtek/Lavarnway 1B: AGon/Youk 2B: Pedey/Aviles 3B: Youk/Lowrie SS: Aviles/Lowrie/? LF: Craw/?(free agent) CF: Ells RF: Reddick/Kalish DH: Papi/Youk/Lavarnway SP1 Beckett SP2 Lester SP3 Buch SP4 Lack SP5 Wake SP6 Miller RP1 Bard RP2 Jenks RP3 Albers RP4 Aceves RP5 Morales RP6 Doubront
    Posted by william93063

Yet another re-creation of your original post?  You must really have an identity issue.  The Sox 2012 payroll doesn't have nearly the issues you dramatically make them out to be in every "short story" you write.  I'm sure they no how to handle a payroll without you predicting what may happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Francouer just signed a 2 year contract to stay in KC.
    This team fanned on getting Hunter Pence. The Phils got him for cheap. How's that working out for them?
    Theo let himself get fooled by Reddick's July hitting, and didn't get the righty hitter this team needs. Not a platoon guy playing 1/3 or less of the time, either.
    With Youk in decline, the need become more acute. I love Lavarnway, but where to put him?
    Someone like Carlos Quentin would fill the bill.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wouldn't say Theo was fooled by Reddick's hitting vs LHPs. Tito wasn't even playing him vs lefties for the most part, and when he did, he had him hitting way down in the line-up. 

I think Theo was "fooled" by DMac and the hopes that CC would step it up. The biggest blindspot in Sox management this winter and this season thus far is playing Crawford vs LHPs. He's worse than even Drew ever was. We actually needed 2 RH'd bats: not getting one was a mistake, but it is not too late. A good RH'd bat could be found off waivers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Papi is the face of the franchise in so many ways. He carried us through the playoffs several times. He's a big, affable grizzly bear. He's also a highly probable PED user who could tank for us the moment he gets a long term deal. He tanked bigtime once before. Couldn't hit a 92 mph fastball for months. That is my assessment. We can all disagree and that's fine but I'm going with the young, cheap moose known as Lavarnway who I think is already showing that he belongs in mlb. He has put up better minor league numbers than anyone we have seen since well before Hanley. He has a tremendous approach at the plate and clearly knows the strike zone. Makes good decisions. Can even help us some at catcher, to let guys like Youk DH sometimes.

Great power potential. Great OBP and even a decent average. He's ready. And we get 2 picks when Papi leaves. To me, everything aligns for him to go but the fan base will have a fit and he probably stays for that reason alone. I'd rather open a spot for Lavarnway, keep the money and take the 2 picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I wouldn't say Theo was fooled by Reddick's hitting vs LHPs. Tito wasn't even playing him vs lefties for the most part, and when he did, he had him hitting way down in the line-up.  I think Theo was "fooled" by DMac and the hopes that CC would step it up. The biggest blindspot in Sox management this winter and this season thus far is playing Crawford vs LHPs. He's worse than even Drew ever was. We actually needed 2 RH'd bats: not getting one was a mistake, but it is not too late. A good RH'd bat could be found off waivers.
    Posted by moonslav59

Welp, D-Mac's HR this afternoon may win him over in Theo's heart.  I'm not so sure a RH bat will be made but I could be wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We actually need 2 RH'd bats in the OF, but Tito will never bench CC vs lefties. DMac has not been bad vs LHPs so far, and Theo is probably hoping he returns to 2010 numbers vs lefties:
      .294/.357/.464/.821

Sections
Shortcuts