2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: 2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

Great season of baseball....A lot of highs and lows for Red Sox and Yankee fans alike...Congrats again to the Giants...Cannot wait for April....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great season of baseball....A lot of highs and lows for Red Sox and Yankee fans alike...Congrats again to the Giants...Cannot wait for April....

[/QUOTE]

Yes. And of course this site is all about the the highs and lows for RS and Yankee fans. Afterall, it's called Red Sox: On the Front Burner.

Why is it that all the Yankee fans who post here don't EVER post on Yankee sites and make this their home? Surely, you could have created this thread on a Yankee site. You're a Yankee fan. It's really ridiculous how abused this site considering it's original intent -- which was for Red Sox fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The National League teams have outscored the American League teams 83-48 in winning the last three World Series. The San Francisco Giants have limited their AL foes to 18 runs in their last nine World Series games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Infante actually broke his hand as a result of that HBP....Not that it would have made much of a difference....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8567757/2012-world-series-omar-infante-breaks-left-hand-detroit-tigers-game-4-loss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Nice Tyler Kepner article on the SF Giants win....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/sports/baseball/giants-recipe-a-heaping-of-smarts-and-a-dollop-of-luck.html?ref=sports&_r=0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

Nice Tyler Kepner article on the SF Giants win....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/sports/baseball/giants-recipe-a-heaping-of-smarts-and-a-dollop-of-luck.html?ref=sports&_r=0

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say goodnight and goodbye? Are you going to cover the win for the remainder of the off-season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Mitch Albom is a flat-out good baseball writer...His article for the Detroit Free Press is the best funeral oration out there for the 2012 Detroit Tigers....

http://www.freep.com/article/20121028/SPORTS02/121029002/detroit-tigers-san-francisco-giants-world-series-mitch-albom?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Lastly, Jayson Stark on just how impressive this Giants win actually was.....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8568168/san-francisco-giants-second-world-series-title-three-seasons-rare-accomplishment-mlb

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. And of course this site is all about the the highs and lows for RS and Yankee fans. Afterall, it's called Red Sox: On the Front Burner.

Why is it that all the Yankee fans who post here don't EVER post on Yankee sites and make this their home? Surely, you could have created this thread on a Yankee site. You're a Yankee fan. It's really ridiculous how abused this site considering it's original intent -- which was for Red Sox fans.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a bitter woman Kim.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

For fun someone should do a Poster Power Rankings..... put a Yankeed poster at #1 just to get her goat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Congrats to the SF Giants.

Verlander has a hot girlfriend.  lol

Next year's World Series will have the Red Sox.   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I was pulling for the Tigers, mostly because they eliminated the EE and the Giants just won a couple of years ago, but I'm not disappointed that the Giants won.   Congrats to them, and especially congrats to Marco.  I'm very happy for him!

So sad that baseball season has ended.  Now starts a long period of boredom.  LOL  {sigh}

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was pulling for the Tigers, mostly because they eliminated the EE and the Giants just won a couple of years ago, but I'm not disappointed that the Giants won.   Congrats to them, and especially congrats to Marco.  I'm very happy for him!

So sad that baseball season has ended.  Now starts a long period of boredom.  LOL  {sigh}

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, kimmi. Let hot stove begin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I also wanted to see Detroit win this year.  They haven't won the World Series recently and the Giants just won a couple of years ago.  Although, I do agree that it was nice to see Scutaro win the World Series. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello RedSoxKimmi  :)

Do you follow the NFL?  The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.   

Tom Brady will keep us happy until Spring Training begins.   :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Hello RedSoxKimmi :)

Do you follow the NFL? The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady will keep us happy until Spring Training begins. :)

Hi IceCream.  I do not follow the NFL that closely anymore, although I do keep abreast of whether the Pats are winning or not.  Baseball is pretty much the only sport that I follow closely.

That said, Go Pats, Go Celtics, and Go Bruins!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello RedSoxKimmi :)

Do you follow the NFL? The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady will keep us happy until Spring Training begins. :)

Hi IceCream.  I do not follow the NFL that closely anymore, although I do keep abreast of whether the Pats are winning or not.  Baseball is pretty much the only sport that I follow closely.

That said, Go Pats, Go Celtics, and Go Bruins!

[/QUOTE]

Looking like not so much the Bruins this year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

An impressive post-season stretch for SF.  Congrats on the sweep and WS title, but I was counting on a nailbiter Game 7.  Was an exciting post-season to watch.