2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Starting to look like game 5 of the 2004 ALCS.

[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Tigers but not enough to give up the distinction of the greatest comeback in history 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my thought too. Only the Reds would be allowed to share that as far as Im concerned. But for now its either a walk off for the Tigers, or go home for good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is Examiner? I thought that he always walked in here hand-in-hand with "good buddy" J-Bay? Isn't it late in the year to be playing softball. First softball player I have known who remembers George Goebel on Black and white TV.

[/QUOTE]

Shut up pike, just found the thread about two minutes ago. Shove it.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, exam. Good thing the cards choked. They may have been able to beat the Tigers. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But what about this? If Brandon Phillips hadnt decided to try to go first to third on a wild pitch in the first inning of game three of the ALDS, the Giants wouldnt be here at all. IDK, but I think the Reds would have beaten the Cards. 

[/QUOTE]

maybe, but if they didn't....the pain

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Hurricane coming tomorrow to both southern Conn. and Illinois. What a huge storm.

[/QUOTE]

Yes pike, and it will knock your neighbor's wifi out. No more pirating internet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where is Examiner? I thought that he always walked in here hand-in-hand with "good buddy" J-Bay? Isn't it late in the year to be playing softball. First softball player I have known who remembers George Goebel on Black and white TV.

[/QUOTE]

Shut up pike, just found the thread about two minutes ago. Shove it.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, exam. Good thing the cards choked. They may have been able to beat the Tigers. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But what about this? If Brandon Phillips hadnt decided to try to go first to third on a wild pitch in the first inning of game three of the ALDS, the Giants wouldnt be here at all. IDK, but I think the Reds would have beaten the Cards. 

[/QUOTE]

maybe, but if they didn't....the pain! 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the one thing that made me feel better about them losing to SF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

1,000 Giants fans watching outdoors at the SF Civic Center...Good for them...Also, never start your 9th inning off with a guy whose last name rhymes with jerks...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Man, Bochy is a heckuva good manager....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to love the guys who hate to see politics injected into a baseball forum.  Well , except for when they like to promote anti- American leftist dictators. Then it is perfectly acceptable.  Hypocrisy abounds.  Nothing like a Venezuelan coming to our country to ridicule our president.  If only we could be more like that wonderful nation. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And BTW pike, who is George Goebel? I have no clue what youre talking about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Casilla hits Infante on the left wrist....Looks like it is serious because Infante is out of the game...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to love the guys who hate to see politics injected into a baseball forum.  Well , except for when they like to promote anti- American leftist dictators. Then it is perfectly acceptable.  Hypocrisy abounds.  Nothing like a Venezuelan coming to our country to ridicule our president.  If only we could be more like that wonderful nation. 

[/QUOTE]

Invade, liberate, annex, drill/pipe, no more oil problems, low gas prices. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Casilla hits Infante on the left wrist....Looks like it is serious because Infante is out of the game...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we know teilhard, we're watchng the game man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt. You're too young. He's long gone

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

American comedian and actor...Had his own TV show in the late 50's...I remember my dad thought he was funny....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt. you're too young. He's dead

[/QUOTE]

Well I know, but in his opening salvo he said I was the only softball player who knew him, or some such nonsense. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Top of the 10th....Let's go SF...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

A new theory on here today claims that Softy is a Liberal pretending to be a Conservative in order to mock and belittle them. That is similar to those who thought that Babe pretended to be an ignorant Yankee fan in order to belittle them. You see the forum is saturated with personnas and not real people. Now isn't that entertaining. Yahoo.

[/QUOTE]

With you leading the charge on all fronts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt. you're too young. He's long gone

[/QUOTE]

Well I know, but in his opening salvo he said I was the only softball player who knew him, or some such nonsense. 

[/QUOTE]

There you have it. He was an old time comediane. Was on Johnny Carson a lot. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Leadoff man on...Let's play small ball...Bunt please...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Gigantes with a leadoff hit. San Francisco will be insane if they win this game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Top of the 10th....Let's go SF...

[/QUOTE]

What? I thought you were for Det? Besides, who wants to see a sweep? I want to see more baseball. When this is over, there will be none for five months. Let it go 7!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Yes....Successful sac bunt....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just think of the tension there would be in the entire baseball world if Detroit would win tonight, and win the next two games? It would be one of the greatest game 7's of all time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A new theory on here today claims that Softy is a Liberal pretending to be a Conservative in order to mock and belittle them. That is similar to those who thought that Babe pretended to be an ignorant Yankee fan in order to belittle them. You see the forum is saturated with personnas and not real people. Now isn't that entertaining. Yahoo.

[/QUOTE]

With you leading the charge on all fronts.

[/QUOTE]

Just ignore him exam. If you don't respond to him he eventually quiets down. :)

Sections
Shortcuts