2013 And it's a clean slate gang!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

2013 And it's a clean slate gang!

well it's great to see the big ol 18 wheeler packed and on it's way to fenway south. Lots of pitchers already in camp working out and getting ready. Lackey is looking ver lean and bard is throwing relaxed and confident. I am psyched and looking forward to this spring training and as the forum chief eternal optimist in charge I want to say that last year is last year and this year it's full steam ahead and GO SOX.

Who's with me?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 2013 And it's a clean slate gang!

I reckon the Sox will be contending for a playoff spot all year. Go Sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

atta boy carnie! your the 1st to declare a sound positive attitude and I agree with ya. I wonder who will respond first. Bill-806 or my buddy on the left coast Spaceman!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am here Hammah.  As always, wicked psyched as the p's & c's start trickling into camp.  Big comeback years in store for Lackey and D. Bard.  This club is under the radar for the first time this century.  Thats just where we want 'em.  Go ahead and sleep on 'em hataz.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

2011 2012 Are Behind Us, New Faces New Season, Im With You...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I second and third those thoughts....this team as a very deep and potentially very good BP as well as a potent offense if healthy.....those 2 things can go a long way in making them successful.....if Farrell can get the starters believing in their abilities again, I think this is a playoff team...as with any team they will need health and some good fortune, but being optimistic is what the Spring is all about

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Can't wait til the season starts.  Excited to see new faces on the team and young talents ready to come up.  I believe Sox will win their faith back from the fans and give us good seasons for years to come.   Go Sox!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Couldn't agree more, this is our kickoff post!

This isn't an optimist/pessimist issue....that's just a viewpoint difference anyway, not a value judgement. Whether one thinks Lester will bounce back, Napoli with retire crippled in June, Salty emerges as a top 5 catcher or Ellsbury's 2011 season was an illusion, surely a real fan from Opening Day to the Duckboats will support every player (that appears to be doing their best) all season.

They play for your team, for duck's sake!

• Does anyone think John Lackey was happy to have been so historically bad in 2011?  Or that he wasn't in great pain....and on a guaranteed contract?
    • Does anyone think Byung-Hun Kim was helped by the abuse hurled at him at Fenway*?

* - I loved it when he gave the finger to the crowd.  "The crowd" deserved it, though it was a minority of people abusing him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wanted to say "cautiously optimistic", but I can't bring myself to mouth the words.

I'll be rooting 100% every pitch of every game.

Sox4ever!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I wanted to say "cautiously optimistic", but I can't bring myself to mouth the words.

Sox4ever!

"non-verbalized cautious optimism"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever!

I think the Sox have put together a decent team this year without sacrificing the future.  Some have put forward the reasonable argument that they should have punted on 2013 in favour of the future.  That issue is now irrelevant...we are where we are, with only a bit of budget to make some changes.

There are two things that I think have to happen for the Sox to make the post-season and even win it all (other than generally good performances and management):

• Good health (not a given given the known knowns)
    • 2 SPs to emerge as / return to elite status (far from a given)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

As a RS fan in Yankee country I love the fact that no one here can talk about the Stanks..without mentioning A-flop...lol...I am so looking forward to a new year.  No half butted manager and what I think will be a much better clubhouse.  Although I always wear my RS gear proudly I believe I will have a much easier time of it this year...Go Sox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Go Sox!  Kick A!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

atta boy carnie! your the 1st to declare a sound positive attitude and I agree with ya. I wonder who will respond first. Bill-806 or my buddy on the left coast Spaceman!!

Count me in HANMMAH !!!  To be mentioned by you with Spaceman & Carnie "makes my day "  !!!!  Did you see when they were loading the truck, all the stuff to do with BDC's 2012 poster of the year ?????   Ben still has the "BLOCKBUSTER" to execute......  Go Sox, avoid the snow on I-95 ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!

the start of spring training not only marks the beginning of the baseball season but also the beginning my fan training. It's time to set up the baseball package, start doing vocal exercises so i don't pull my voicebox lol, get the jerseys hung on my wall, change all of my online avatars, start planning the Game 1 party and make sure the rest of my red sox gear is in top shape... i fear my lucky red sox hat may not last another 2 seasons :(

while the team is in FT Myers getting in shape to be the best players they can be I'll be in NY getting in shape to be the best fan i can be. red sox 2013!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!

the start of spring training not only marks the beginning of the baseball season but also the beginning my fan training. It's time to set up the baseball package, start doing vocal exercises so i don't pull my voicebox lol, get the jerseys hung on my wall, change all of my online avatars, start planning the Game 1 party and make sure the rest of my red sox gear is in top shape... i fear my lucky red sox hat may not last another 2 seasons :(

while the team is in FT Myers getting in shape to be the best players they can be I'll be in NY getting in shape to be the best fan i can be. red sox 2013!

mef, dont slack on the vocal exercises.  i missed the better part of the 2010 season when i blew out my voice box at the first series of the year in the Bronx.  Required months of cutting edge booze and cannibus therapy.  I couldn't even yell at the TV.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!

mef, dont slack on the vocal exercises.  i missed the better part of the 2010 season when i blew out my voice box at the first series of the year in the Bronx.  Required months of cutting edge booze and cannibus therapy.  I couldn't even yell at the TV.

you and the resst of the team LOL.

and yeah i take my training seriously. there was a situation in particular where my voice cracked like a twelve year old in the middle of one of my JACOOOOOBBBYYYY screams .... it was extremely embarassing lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

One of these years things have to break our way. Seems like its been "Murphy's Law" for way too long. What ever could go wrong - has gone wrong. Seems like a long time since we could say a RS veteren was having a career year. Lets hope 2013 everyone has a career year and RS stay relatively Healthy! Go Red Sox!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

One of these years things have to break our way. Seems like its been "Murphy's Law" for way too long. What ever could go wrong - has gone wrong. Seems like a long time since we could say a RS veteren was having a career year. Lets hope 2013 everyone has a career year and RS stay relatively Healthy! Go Red Sox!

Really?  Let's not quibble about the definition of "veteran" or "career year"....and let's leave out minor, mercurial brilliance like Scott Atchison's 2012 season.  How about:

• Ellsbury's 2011 - should have been MVP (IMO), AS, GG, Silver Slugger, 364 total bases from leadoff!  (checked that last one)
    • Beckett's 2011 - best year of his career among several great ones.   It's brilliance has been dimmed by his 5 September injury/excuse (choose one) and the chicken/beer nonsense.
    • Papi's (abbreviated but brilliant) 2012 - 2nd highest OPS among 300+ PA batters
    • Pedroia's 2008 - AS, GG, SS, MVP
    • Pap's expected brilliance and Youk's unsexy brilliance are often forgotten

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to garyhow's comment:

Really?  Let's not quibble about the definition of "veteran" or "career year"....and let's leave out minor, mercurial brilliance like Scott Atchison's 2012 season.  How about:

• Ellsbury's 2011 - should have been MVP (IMO), AS, GG, Silver Slugger, 364 total bases from leadoff!  (checked that last one)
    • Beckett's 2011 - best year of his career among several great ones.   It's brilliance has been dimmed by his 5 September injury/excuse (choose one) and the chicken/beer nonsense.
    • Papi's (abbreviated but brilliant) 2012 - 2nd highest OPS among 300+ PA batters
    • Pedroia's 2008 - AS, GG, SS, MVP
    • Pap's expected brilliance and Youk's unsexy brilliance are often forgotten

To wit: Adrian Beltre, Jason Bay overlooked for their brief tenures perhaps, but, career years nonetheless

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!

I think my most fanatical fandom was October 2004.  I'd been able to take some vacation time in Oct '03 and went to Boston to go to a handful of games, but mostly to be with my family and mates watching on telly.  My friends would tell you that I was weeping not because of the tragic Game 7 loss, but because my South African gf dumped me over the phone mid-game.  I couldn't possibly comment.

Couldn't get away in '04, so due to work requirements and time zones I made my life:  awake around 07:00 to be at work by 08:00.  Leave work around 19:00, straight home, eat, then bed by 21:00 latest.  Set clock to awake around 01:00 (game day or not), either watch game or other, then back to bed post-game for a power nap. 

Can't imagine ever doing that again as the Sox finally winning and in such dramatic fashion is unlikely to be repeated.

Also - it was really easy to create that timetable, but really hard to get back on a normal schedule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

ボストンレッド ソックスは尾を蹴る行っています。

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Question regarding my 2013 Sox wardrobe:  Is my Adrian Gonzalez home jersey I purchased upon his signing  now sort of ironically kitschy humorous, or just lame?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Question regarding my 2013 Sox wardrobe:  Is my Adrian Gonzalez home jersey I purchased upon his signing  now sort of ironically kitschy humorous, or just lame?

I'd go with ironically kitschy humorous. But I have kind of a twisted sense of humor... :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'd go with ironically kitschy humorous. But I have kind of a twisted sense of humor... :-)

I wore it to a game in Anaheim shortly after the trade last year when the whole season was going south.  I got lots of jeering, but I was too Sox-depressed to notice.

Sections
Shortcuts