1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox Fan FA Savior Pipe Dreams: The Billion Dollar Labor Costs for Zero Playoff Wins

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Hamilton

Mark Reynolds

Grienke

A. Sanchez

Marcum

McCarthy

Napoli

If you have a pipe dream FA, please add his name to this list and provide your specific contract market offer budget, which is not a value and fit offer, but a budget such that it will likely be enough to be the highest market bidder so that said pipe dream FA will become a debt obligation of Red Sox brand purchasing fans.

It's very important that history is preserved on exactly what players this Board covets and wants market value paid to acquire him or them.

Thank you for providing the details so there will be no questions as to which FA players you want the Red Sox to acquire.

Note: Please do not post anything about WAR, that should be done on the fantasy threads.

WAR is not a fantasy stat, actually in fantasy they track HR, AVG, RBI, SB...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox Fan FA Savior Pipe Dreams: The Billion Dollar Labor Costs for Zero Playoff Wins

Ooooohhhh!  It is critical!  Critical I say, that we "preserve history!"  WHY????

What would softy's revisionist history be if "HISTORY" was not preserved!

Soft one???  Do you ever think to yourself.....  "man!  I am a total d bushel."  You are such a joke!

:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If softy were to learn to laugh at himself, he would be a very fun loving kind of guy.  In fact, he might never come up for air.  He would truly be LHFAO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

With softy's revisionist history, I'm still amazed by the morons who seriously engage him in "rational" debate over anything.

For those who still do.......  It really speaks to your rational mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The guy is good for nothing more than mockery & ridicule.  Try it!  It's fun.  Safe!  Cathardic! It help humanity, & you will always be in the right. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

WAR is a fantasy stat, and has nothing to do with actual value and fit. Cherry's a big fan of WAR.

Actual value and fit aren't real metrics. They are two terms that really have no meaning that you like to throw around like the are OPS. Back to WAR, it is a measure of a play. I don't like it but it is not fantasy stat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Hamilton

Mark Reynolds

Grienke

A. Sanchez

Marcum

McCarthy

Napoli

If you have a pipe dream FA, please add his name to this list and provide your specific contract market offer budget, which is not a value and fit offer, but a budget such that it will likely be enough to be the highest market bidder so that said pipe dream FA will become a debt obligation of Red Sox brand purchasing fans.

It's very important that history is preserved on exactly what players this Board covets and wants market value paid to acquire him or them.

Thank you for providing the details so there will be no questions as to which FA players you want the Red Sox to acquire.

Note: Please do not post anything about WAR, that should be done on the fantasy threads.

First why do you see these guys as pipe dreams? Then you go first by providing your specific contract market offer and budget.  

This is so your history can be historically documented.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is the clown who said we should offer Guthrie $10M/2, but won't offer A. Sanchez more than $2M/1. Case closed. Silly clown.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

it is a measure of a play. I don't like it

You made my case, thank you.

No I didn't I don't like BABIP but it doesn't make it a fantasy stat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Then you go first by providing your specific contract market offer and budget.  

I've already "gone first". You haven't gone ever. I'm not going to budget market value for any of these latest Red Sox FA class pipe dreaming, but I'll give you my value and fit for these bums:

Hamilton  (3 years and 45M, too old, Red Sox need a lefty, this guy has substance abuse and physical high miles health issues)

Mark Reynolds (1 year and 2M, the latest bum on the Red Sox fan radar)

Grienke (1 year and 8M for this prima donna head case)

A. Sanchez (2 years and 7.5M for this 2nd rate pitcher seeking a 1st rate contract)

Marcum (don't waste my time on this 1 year and 2.5M 2nd rate bum)

McCarthy (2 years and 6M for this 2nd rate bum)

Napoli (2 years and base 10 for this 2nd rate old bum)

Now, get cracking on your offers for this list of overpriced labor bums that are not a value and fit beyond my values)

Wow I just your hope next year if for the Sox to be a losing team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Softy I challenge here for a long time and have always stated my opinions with out calling people names or other epithets. 

As for players I do not want the RS to trade any top tier prospects. 

I do want Laroche for 3 yrs at 7 per yr.

I do want Hamilton 4 yrs at 18 / 20 mil per yr. DH in two yrs

grenkie and Sanchez 3 yrs each 8 to 10 mil per yr

The rest of the team is set.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

A. Sanchez (2 years and 7.5M for this 2nd rate pitcher seeking a 1st rate contract)

?

SP WAR 2010 - '12:

A Sanchez 12.0  

16th in MLB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

I've already "gone first". You haven't gone ever. I'm not going to budget market value for any of these latest Red Sox FA class pipe dreaming, but I'll give you my value and fit for these bums:

Hamilton  (3 years and 45M, too old, Red Sox need a lefty, this guy has substance abuse and physical high miles health issues)

Now, get cracking on your offers for this list of overpriced labor bums that are not a value and fit beyond my values)

Every guy on your list will get substantially more than your "offers", in most cases several times more. I'm not saying they will all be worth it, or any will be worth it, but your numbers are not close to realistic and show your disdain for both the players and the process.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Every guy on your list will get substantially more than your "offers", in most cases several times more. I'm not saying they will all be worth it, or any will be worth it, but your numbers are not close to realistic and show your disdain for both the players and the process.

No sh!t. I would love to see Softlaw as a GM and have every agent Laugh in his Face when he throws out these rediculous below market value contract numbers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hey Softy, why don't you tell us how much more in payroll we should be adding this year, and if you think your team with that payroll could make the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Hey Softy, why don't you tell us how much more in payroll we should be adding this year, and if you think your team with that payroll could make the playoffs.

Even his $1M offers could never happen, his trades are silly fantasies, and so his plan is to do nothing.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

i agree, he wants us to take his thread seriously and yet he can't even take it seriously himself.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts